HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

GDT: Flames @ Stars, Oct 29

Closed Thread

Old
10-29-2003, 06:09 PM
Ajacied
Remember #9

vCash: 500
Arnott scores the winner in OT

He and Guerin both lead the team with 10 points now, pretty damn impressive last half hour.

Old
10-29-2003, 06:10 PM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

Tragic loss for the Flames in OT. They really need a goalie

Old
10-29-2003, 06:12 PM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modano = God
Something like that, he's among the worst slowstarters in the NHL, but he's just doesn't seem interested in the game anymore, he's already stated that he doesn't play hockey because he enjoys it but because he haves to or something like that. He's beginning to look A LOT like Sergei Fedorov in terms of attitude towards the game. Such a shame, he has all the skills in the world to take home some hardware, oh well, here's hoping the true MVP in Lehts returns anytime soon.

Also, I missed the first, how were the fights?
Ugh check out Euros post over at the Kings board. When you are talking about slow starters, Ziggy has to be mentioned.

Old
10-29-2003, 06:21 PM
Laperriere22*

What did the Canadian announcer say again? The Stars looked like a bunch of spoiled brats? Good call buddy; say it after the game is said and done, not when it's 3-1 halfway through the second. To quote the immortal Bugs Bunny, "What a maroon!"

Old
10-29-2003, 06:25 PM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laperriere22
What did the Canadian announcer say again? The Stars looked like a bunch of spoiled brats? Good call buddy; say it after the game is said and done, not when it's 3-1 halfway through the second. To quote the immortal Bugs Bunny, "What a maroon!"
Yeah, I was thinking something along the same lines, except I wouln't have said "Canadien" but more homers

Old
10-29-2003, 06:37 PM
Thalia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laperriere22
Nah, on TSN the announcer referred to Guerin as a brat.

He just scored a goal then punched Gauthier in the midrift; that's what he was referring to.

Old
10-29-2003, 06:39 PM
Thalia

Quote:
Who's Sabourin? For an unknown goalie, he impresses.. hell, he outplayed the Vezina runner up of last season, who btw isn't having a pretty season either.
Hey, isn't it past your bedtime in Helsinki?

Old
10-29-2003, 07:42 PM
Rabid Ranger
2 is better than one

Quote:
Something like that, he's among the worst slowstarters in the NHL, but he's just doesn't seem interested in the game anymore, he's already stated that he doesn't play hockey because he enjoys it but because he haves to or something like that. He's beginning to look A LOT like Sergei Fedorov in terms of attitude towards the game. Such a shame, he has all the skills in the world to take home some hardware, oh well, here's hoping the true MVP in Lehts returns anytime soon.

Also, I missed the first, how were the fights?

Give me a break. I think it's time to change the handle dude. I'll agree that Modano hasn't played nearly his best at this point, but as you mentioned he is a very slow starter who builds momentum throughout the season and goes gangbusters after the all-star break. It's pretty sad that a player as consistently good as Modano isn't getting the benefit of the doubt here.

Old
10-29-2003, 07:54 PM
icarus

Pierre Maguire is a homer? Riiiiight. Exactly what team would he be a homer for? He and Gord Miller call games all over the league, not just ones involving Canadian teams. If you had watched the first, you would have thought he was a homer for the Stars.

And how could someone who has over 11,000 posts (!) on a board called "Hockey's Future" have never heard about Dany Sabourin. Sure he's not a top prospect but I think most longstanding posters here could name the minor league starters for each team.

Old
10-29-2003, 07:58 PM
Laperriere22*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thalia
Nah, on TSN the announcer referred to Guerin as a brat.

He just scored a goal then punched Gauthier in the midrift; that's what he was referring to.
Nope, when I heard it, it was about the team as a whole during the 2nd period when the score was 3-1 Flames, a few minutes after Turco was pulled.

Old
10-29-2003, 08:06 PM
Phanuthier*

Quote:
Who's Sabourin? For an unknown goalie, he impresses..
Just our top goaltending prospect

Old
10-30-2003, 05:24 AM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splatman Phanutier
Just our top goaltending prospect
What happened to fat boy? Or what about Khran(sp)

Old
10-30-2003, 07:23 AM
Ajacied
Remember #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabid Ranger
Give me a break. I think it's time to change the handle dude. I'll agree that Modano hasn't played nearly his best at this point, but as you mentioned he is a very slow starter who builds momentum throughout the season and goes gangbusters after the all-star break. It's pretty sad that a player as consistently good as Modano isn't getting the benefit of the doubt here.
I don't think you have followed him as closely as I have, but no offense. Modano has stated several times that his love for the game is slowly fading away and I've seen and followed every slow start of Mike's career, but I've never seen him play this frustrating and inconsistant, even though it's still early.

Though I blame Tippet for a pretty large chunk for not playing Modano with linemates for longer then a 3 game stretch, he has absolutely no time to build chemestry with anyone and so Tippet usually plays him between Steve Ott and pick a random right winger.

I do think the Stars have re-united the MAG(num) line though:

Tippett move pays dividends

Anyway, I'm sorry if I said something negative about Mike Modano, but he hasn't showed up nor carried this team in rough times so far into the season. I am a huge fan of his, probably among the biggest, but unlike you, I do realise his lacks, slumps and mistakes.

Old
10-30-2003, 09:34 AM
Phanuthier*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire
What happened to fat boy? Or what about Khran(sp)
Fat boy? Are you in tip top shape, 4% body fat and all?

Closed Thread