HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Lombardi

Closed Thread

Old
10-29-2003, 05:05 PM
Luke154

vCash: 500
Lombardi

Im looking to pick up a CGY players and im looking at either Lombardi or sapriken i know saprykin isnt really a prospect anymore and i know he had more potential but which of the 2 will get more points this year and years to come

Old
10-29-2003, 10:33 PM
pepchew

vCash: 500
They are both have heaps of potential.

Sapryking is older and has more NHL experience. A lot was expected of him this year, but he hasn't delivered much so far. Thy've been able to send him to the minors in the past; however, they'd have to put him on waivers this year (not going to happen). Instead, he's been spending time in the press box. He has the tallent to break out, but it's not looking good for him so far this season. Then again, the season is still young.

Lombardi is a second-year pro, and he was not expected to earn a roster spot. He's been one of their better players (some have been saying their best) this year, though, and he's earned some minutes with Iginla and Reinprect. Personally, I think he's the real deal. However, he has a two-way contract, and he wouldn't have to clear waivers to get sent down to the farm.

Bottom line is that Lombardi has looked better so far, but because he's a younger prospect there is always the chance that he could get demoted if he starts to slump. My gut tells me to go with Lombardi, but I wouldn't cout Saprykin out either.

Long term, I'd have to go with Lombardi as Saprykin has already had quite a few chances and hasn't shown that he can play well consistently. Maybe it's a bit of gamble considering Lombardi has played under 10 NHL games...

Closed Thread