HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sean Avery in Confrontation With Brian Hayward

Old
04-08-2006, 01:16 PM
Captain Ron

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jt
Not only do I pay close enough attention, I've heard that kind of announcing for 30 years, including from some of the best announcers in all sports, including hockey.

I challenge that.....I will say that I have heard inappropriate comments by alot of announcers....but never by the best.....those guys are above that kind of ****.

Captain Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2006, 01:21 PM
savemefromtears
Bravo Viva la France

ahhhhhh this is a lovely topic.

I hate Hayward and I still have yet to see a pic of Avery's girl... what else am I missing?

savemefromtears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2006, 01:25 PM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by savemefromtears
ahhhhhh this is a lovely topic.

I hate Hayward and I still have yet to see a pic of Avery's girl... what else am I missing?

Where do you live ????? a cave......you have never seen Elisha Cuthbert????

Captain Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2006, 01:25 PM
swinginutter*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt
Personally, I don't care for Hayward as an announcer. But that's about his style, not what he says.

Not only do I pay close enough attention, I've heard that kind of announcing for 30 years, including from some of the best announcers in all sports, including hockey. So maybe I'm not the one who's not paying close enough attention.

I shouldn't ask, but why are goalies incapable of being commentators? John Davidson seems pretty good IMO. Or do you just hate goalies as a general rule?
I never said anything about JD. I also don't have anything against goalies. The ones that I mentioned are nobs though, and that's my opinion.
I've heard announcers for twenty plus years. Big deal! Who cares about your resume on how long you've been a fan or however long you've listened to announcers. Bob Miller is a Hall of Fame announcer, and he's very unbiased when he's calling the game. His heart lies with the club, but you'd never know by listening to his voice.
Why this thread is even getting technical is lame. You obviously have something against Avery, and i'd rather you just come out and say that. Hayward deserves more than a ***** slap!

swinginutter* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2006, 01:26 PM
tc

Send a message via AIM to tc
Hayward isn't worth the Charmin he wipes his butt with.

I don't know that Avery is worth much more, but I tend to side with the man in the arena.

tc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2006, 01:46 PM
wabwat

Send a message via AIM to wabwat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah
Hayward has done this before. All Fox did is say that Murray puts guys out there to fight other guys, Hayward pretty much called Avery a ***** and wanted someone on the Ducks to smack him. That's not professional.

no he didn't... he basically called Murray a notoriously dirty piece of s*** in so many words. Multiball nailed it, everyone's chonies are getting all curled because Haywire runs color for the Ducks.

wabwat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2006, 01:49 PM
jeffreyaa

I think it's okay for commentators to make occasional personal comments, but Hayward goes into multiple tirades against Avery every single time the teams play. CONTINUOUSLY accusing him of ducking Todd Fedoruk, being classless, starting stuff and letting other people handle the dirty work [a la Jeff Cowan the other night]. Now, different announcers have different styles, but I think he goes a little overboard with that stuff. Of course, the one that is unquestionably out of bounds was when he said he'd love to see someone on the Ducks come over and beat Avery's a$$.

I agree that Bob and Jim also have a home-town bias, and frankly the fans seem to love when they express more personal opinions, BUT they don't seem to carry vendettas like Hayward on Avery, and they know how to not cross that line of professionalism. And you'll remember that when Murray confronted Foxy, Jim just stood there and let Murray look like a freakin' idiot. Hayward is not a TERRIBLE announcer, but he's not very good- and his vendetta against Avery is old, tired and inappropriate.

As to Avery, we all know he goes over the line himself and sometimes says really stupid stuff. I don't blame him for being pissed off at Hayward for carrying on his own personal anti-Avery crusade, but he didn't need to handle it in this way. Oh well.... Anyone accusing Avery of not trying to get the team into the playoffs hasn't been watching the same games as me, though- he's been working hard night in and night out. He's gotta learn to control his temper and his mouth, but he's a talented player and valuable asset to the team.

jeffreyaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2006, 01:57 PM
savemefromtears
Bravo Viva la France

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongebob
Where do you live ????? a cave......you have never seen Elisha Cuthbert????
LOL actually the bat cave... no, it's that, well, I didn't know her name. And yup, okay, it's her? my goodness...
In all honestly, Hayward has it coming for him. If he is willing to talk smack on the air and then into the player's locker room, he better get ready to have to defend himself...

GO GET EM' AVERY!

Old
04-08-2006, 02:09 PM
swinginutter*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffreyaa
I think it's okay for commentators to make occasional personal comments, but Hayward goes into multiple tirades against Avery every single time the teams play. CONTINUOUSLY accusing him of ducking Todd Fedoruk, being classless, starting stuff and letting other people handle the dirty work [a la Jeff Cowan the other night]. Now, different announcers have different styles, but I think he goes a little overboard with that stuff. Of course, the one that is unquestionably out of bounds was when he said he'd love to see someone on the Ducks come over and beat Avery's a$$.

I agree that Bob and Jim also have a home-town bias, and frankly the fans seem to love when they express more personal opinions, BUT they don't seem to carry vendettas like Hayward on Avery, and they know how to not cross that line of professionalism. And you'll remember that when Murray confronted Foxy, Jim just stood there and let Murray look like a freakin' idiot. Hayward is not a TERRIBLE announcer, but he's not very good- and his vendetta against Avery is old, tired and inappropriate.

As to Avery, we all know he goes over the line himself and sometimes says really stupid stuff. I don't blame him for being pissed off at Hayward for carrying on his own personal anti-Avery crusade, but he didn't need to handle it in this way. Oh well.... Anyone accusing Avery of not trying to get the team into the playoffs hasn't been watching the same games as me, though- he's been working hard night in and night out. He's gotta learn to control his temper and his mouth, but he's a talented player and valuable asset to the team.
Great post!

swinginutter* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2006, 02:12 PM
Goallum

I'm just wondering whether there's been a team in the recent memory more embarassing to its fans than this outfit.

Goallum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2006, 02:27 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkeMustGoDotCom
poor little Avery doesnt like a little critisism. too friggin bad, Avery is more concerned about what someone says about him then trying to get his team into the playoffs. Another distraction for Sean Avery.
Best thing Avery could have done was ignored Hayward's comments, but no he had to prove what a tough guy he was and confront him. After all his toughguy rep was on the line.

With all due criticism, Avery has been one of the Kings who HAS played well

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2006, 02:37 PM
vcx*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45
Hayward's a ****ing tool. If I see him, he's getting an earful from me.

I'm sure he's shaking in his boots.

vcx* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2006, 02:38 PM
savemefromtears
Bravo Viva la France

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotwheels
actually it's his 'wee-little' boots.

get it right!!

Old
04-08-2006, 02:40 PM
kingsfan25

Quote:
They don't call him Reaper for nothing.

kingsfan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2006, 02:43 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
And I care because?

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2006, 02:44 PM
King Blazer

Neither showed much professionalism. Hayward was in Avery's "house" and when Avery started going off, he should have left. He didn't. He's brought himself to the level of the player he pi$$es and moans about in every game I've heard him do this season.

Congratulations Hayward, you proved you're no better than the man you love to trash!!!

King Blazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2006, 02:59 PM
King Blazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingofCrunk
The worst part about this is that Hayward's doing the game today, and we all know he's going to have a lot to say. He has a national platform to say what he wants about Avery. That's not good for the league if Hayward decides to act upon it (which by all indications of his maturity, he will). This vendetta isn't over.
And it won't take long for folks to figure out what Hayward's about if he goes the vendetta route...

Old
04-08-2006, 03:11 PM
GoneFullHextall
JR=clueless

vCash: 50
yeah Hayward was spouting off and he probably shouldnt have. But Avery should have known better no matter what. He had nothing to gain at all by confronting Hayward.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2006, 03:17 PM
savemefromtears
Bravo Viva la France

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkeMustGoDotCom
yeah Hayward was spouting off and he probably shouldnt have. But Avery should have known better no matter what. He had nothing to gain at all by confronting Hayward.
Ya but it's Avery, c'mon guys...

Mis mouthpiece alone can't stay in his mouth for more than a minute at a time.

Furthermore, Hayward knows this. It's obvious he's get a kick out of challenging and egging Avery on.

Old
04-08-2006, 03:22 PM
braincramp

Open teapot. Insert tempest.

braincramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2006, 03:31 PM
mrpither
Better to burn out

in the eyes of brian hayward:
- every penalty against a duck is "marginal"
- every penalty for the ducks is "clear cut"
at least that's how he calls a shark game...

don't care how good he may be when he's not announcing for the ducks, that's what i think of when i hear that voice. i applaud avery for calling him out, and i hope we get to see or hear about it in the nbc telecast later today. with luck it will have the kings fired up to perform well against the ducks today.

go kings go... beat brian!

mrpither is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2006, 03:44 PM
RayLeeCharles

Someone 2-way this to Avery. Score a goal and just to piss off Hayward the Duck blow him a kiss

RayLeeCharles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2006, 03:55 PM
Jerky Leclerc

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingofCrunk
Hayward brought this upon himself by being in the locker room in the first place. What did he think would happen?
Hayward was doing his JOB...

Jerky Leclerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2006, 03:55 PM
King Blazer

I'm hoping they do an interview with Avery from the bench and it goes something like the Ned Braden - Jim Carr exchange in the movie slapshot...

Old
04-08-2006, 03:57 PM
King Blazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerky Leclerc
Hayward was doing his JOB...
Not very professionally...He's made himself the story which is NOT his job...He takes Homerism to a level beyond the Simpsons...