HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT: New Jersey @ Montreal 4/8/06 7PM EST RDS, FSNY

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-08-2006, 08:54 PM
  #476
Seat16inNJ
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: East Rutherford, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 380
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seat16inNJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by HULKOVALEV
the devils have officially killed hockey, they are so borring its unbelievable, no wonder they can't sell out even during the stanley cup finals. pathetic.

i love going to other teams boards and reading this. It happens everytime NJ wins. When NJ wins the game was boring. When the other team wins, its either a.) brodeur has lost his game or b.) NJ cant play the trap anymore cause of the new rules.

Whats the season series at now?

Seat16inNJ is offline  
Old
04-08-2006, 08:54 PM
  #477
znk
Registered User
 
znk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,103
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand
Atlanta WILL NOT go 5-0. We could go 2-3, but Atlanta will not go 5-0. If you are worried about 9th place teams going on 5 game winning streaks then you probably don't sleep very much.
Atlanta @ Tampa....that one...I dont know who will win.
No reason for atlanta to lose any of the last 4 games.
Capital
Bruins
capitals
panthers.

znk is offline  
Old
04-08-2006, 08:55 PM
  #478
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable
 
Fish on The Sand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Nanaimo
Country: Canada
Posts: 49,091
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett
Toronto has pwned alot of teams since they lost the pressure of making the playoffs
How come nobody is worried about Toronto catching us? Unlike Atlanta they actually are on fire, and are only 7 back, to Atlanta's 6. If you fear Atlanta, you have to fear Toronto to.

Fish on The Sand is offline  
Old
04-08-2006, 08:55 PM
  #479
Ross MacLochness
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Toronto
Posts: 6,774
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett
look at the post above, that's scary

Heh, yeah I noticed that too.

Same thoughts and arguments in the same order at the same time.

Ross MacLochness is offline  
Old
04-08-2006, 08:56 PM
  #480
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable
 
Fish on The Sand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Nanaimo
Country: Canada
Posts: 49,091
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seat16inNJ
i love going to other teams boards and reading this. It happens everytime NJ wins. When NJ wins the game was boring. When the other team wins, its either a.) brodeur has lost his game or b.) NJ cant play the trap anymore cause of the new rules.

Whats the season series at now?
3-0 Jersey. We have to go 5-0 to realistically get 6th, and 5-0 isn't realistic.

Fish on The Sand is offline  
Old
04-08-2006, 08:56 PM
  #481
NBHABSFAN
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 1,346
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by znk
Atlanta @ Tampa....that one...I dont know who will win.
No reason for atlanta to lose any of the last 4 games.
Capital
Bruins
capitals
panthers.
Its a very good chance ATL win their next 5 games.

NBHABSFAN is offline  
Old
04-08-2006, 08:56 PM
  #482
Raider917
Registered User
 
Raider917's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,564
vCash: 179
tonights game wasnt that bad. it was frustrating that they didnt play in the 1st 2 periods like they did in the 3rd, but i think they played well. obviously the shot total was high.

theres 5 games remaining now. just win the majority of them. i think that 3 at least are very winnable. ottawa-buffalo-boston-buffalo-new jersey to finish.

ottawa are struggling, boston are boston and buffalo should be a split at worst. the next game vs NJ(if it matters) can be a win if they play like they did in the third through the entire 60 minutes.

Raider917 is offline  
Old
04-08-2006, 08:56 PM
  #483
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny
 
Hackett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,396
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand
How come nobody is worried about Toronto catching us? Unlike Atlanta they actually are on fire, and are only 7 back, to Atlanta's 6. If you fear Atlanta, you have to fear Toronto to.

I was referring to Toronto's role of spoiler. They have relished it.

I'm no longer afraid of atlanta

I dunno where all that came from


Hackett is online now  
Old
04-08-2006, 08:56 PM
  #484
CrazyShea
Registered User
 
CrazyShea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: The Rock
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,759
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by znk
Atlanta @ Tampa....that one...I dont know who will win.
No reason for atlanta to lose any of the last 4 games.
Capital
Bruins
capitals
panthers.
The panthers have been playing good hockey lately, the bruins can and will beat the thrashers in that game and well with the caps you never know what ovechkin is going to do.. id say atl goes 2-3

CrazyShea is offline  
Old
04-08-2006, 08:58 PM
  #485
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable
 
Fish on The Sand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Nanaimo
Country: Canada
Posts: 49,091
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett
I was referring to Toronto's role of spoiler. They have relished it.

I'm no longer afraid of atlanta

I dunno where all that came from

not you personally, read the top of the page. A bunch of people were afraid of Atlanta coming back from 6 points back in 5 games. I said that would be a miracle and was called arrogant.

Fish on The Sand is offline  
Old
04-08-2006, 08:58 PM
  #486
larue*
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 1,688
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand
How come nobody is worried about Toronto catching us? Unlike Atlanta they actually are on fire, and are only 7 back, to Atlanta's 6. If you fear Atlanta, you have to fear Toronto to.
Toronto would sure like to take back their two o/t loses against the islanders and boston right now.

larue* is offline  
Old
04-08-2006, 08:59 PM
  #487
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny
 
Hackett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,396
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand
3-0 Jersey. We have to go 5-0 to realistically get 6th, and 5-0 isn't realistic.

I'll remember this quote

so you think the devils will automatically get 7 points in their remianing games?

rangers/philly/philly/habs/carolina

I dunno how you can be so sure that the devils will get 7 more points.

I dont see the habs losing to the devils again, that's for sure

Hackett is online now  
Old
04-08-2006, 08:59 PM
  #488
NBHABSFAN
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 1,346
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand
not you personally, read the top of the page. A bunch of people were afraid of Atlanta coming back from 6 points back in 5 games. I said that would be a miracle and was called arrogant.
I disagree with your view on ATL, I think they can go 5-0 and have a shot so I am worred.

I agree with you on the fact we lost out on 6th place tonight. We will finish 7 or 8th

NBHABSFAN is offline  
Old
04-08-2006, 08:59 PM
  #489
znk
Registered User
 
znk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,103
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyshea
The panthers have been playing good hockey lately, the bruins can and will beat the thrashers in that game and well with the caps you never know what ovechkin is going to do.. id say atl goes 2-3
I so hope you're right. That's what my heart is saying....(wishing). But If I had to put my money on each of those last 4 games. A team in the hunt for a playoff spot vs teams who are 1 week from starting their golf season. I'd bet on Atlanta in each game.

znk is offline  
Old
04-08-2006, 08:59 PM
  #490
Chfan
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Chfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Hong Kong
Posts: 3,681
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyshea
Watch jason allison play golf for the rest of the year
thx
Hum, he can't, Dandenault's head broked his wrist....

Chfan is offline  
Old
04-08-2006, 09:01 PM
  #491
LesHabsRock
Registered User
 
LesHabsRock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Windsor, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,915
vCash: 500
New Jersey still has as tough a schedule, if not more than the Habs. They play NYR, Carolina, and Philly in their next 3 games. If they lose 2 out of 3 and the Habs win 2 out of their next 3 we're back in the race for 6th. That last showdown with NJ can still be the game where if we win we pass the devils.

LesHabsRock is offline  
Old
04-08-2006, 09:01 PM
  #492
NewGuy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 1,702
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand
How come nobody is worried about Toronto catching us? Unlike Atlanta they actually are on fire, and are only 7 back, to Atlanta's 6. If you fear Atlanta, you have to fear Toronto to.
Toronto's remaining schedule isn't exactly favourable the rest of the way. The have a home game against Ottawa and play Buffalo on the road in back to back games. I doubt they win both. The Habs would then only need a single win to eliminate them. If the Habs don't make the playoffs given their current situation it will require a monumental collapse on their part.

NewGuy is offline  
Old
04-08-2006, 09:01 PM
  #493
CrazyShea
Registered User
 
CrazyShea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: The Rock
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,759
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chfan
Hum, he can't, Dandenault's head broked his wrist....
Oh yeah well he can watch him on tv doing commercials for band-aids. Might as well put the human band-aid to work

CrazyShea is offline  
Old
04-08-2006, 09:02 PM
  #494
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable
 
Fish on The Sand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Nanaimo
Country: Canada
Posts: 49,091
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett
I'll remember this quote

so you think the devils will automatically get 7 points in their remianing games?

rangers/philly/philly/habs/carolina

I dunno how you can be so sure that the devils will get 7 more points.

I dont see the habs losing to the devils again, that's for sure
I do. They will beat the Rangers Habs and Canes, and just need to get into overtime in one of the Philly games. I see them taking one of those. New Jersey will go 4/5. There schedule isn't that tough. Good teams sure, but the Carolina game will be meaningless for the canes, and they will split with Phily. They own us, so they have us, and I think the Rangers won't be able to handle them.

Fish on The Sand is offline  
Old
04-08-2006, 09:02 PM
  #495
wholeshow*
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,767
vCash: 500
i seriously don't understand why you guys are worrying about atlanta.
sure their schedules looks easy, but no game is easy in todays NHL.
their game against tampa is awesome for us. tampa wins, and the thrashers will pretty much have to be perfect to get into the playoffs...atlanta wins and then the heat is on the bolts as they'll have back to back games against the canes.

plus i have faith in luongo, that he'll cost both the bolts and thrashers crucial points in the standings. go FLA

wholeshow* is offline  
Old
04-08-2006, 09:02 PM
  #496
jcpenny
Registered User
 
jcpenny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,878
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider917
tonights game wasnt that bad. it was frustrating that they didnt play in the 1st 2 periods like they did in the 3rd, but i think they played well. obviously the shot total was high.

theres 5 games remaining now. just win the majority of them. i think that 3 at least are very winnable. ottawa-buffalo-boston-buffalo-new jersey to finish.

ottawa are struggling, boston are boston and buffalo should be a split at worst. the next game vs NJ(if it matters) can be a win if they play like they did in the third through the entire 60 minutes.
I think you need to watch the game again my friend. Habs totally owned the Devils in the first, no wonder why they had 4 PP but the problem was that they didnt score on any of them. In the second everybody knew that the refs would try to even up the PP's and it cost us the momentum. Against the Devils you have to score first especially if brodeur is in his superman form.

jcpenny is offline  
Old
04-08-2006, 09:03 PM
  #497
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable
 
Fish on The Sand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Nanaimo
Country: Canada
Posts: 49,091
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewGuy
Toronto's remaining schedule isn't exactly favourable the rest of the way. The have a home game against Ottawa and play Buffalo on the road in back to back games. I doubt they win both. The Habs would then only need a single win to eliminate them. If the Habs don't make the playoffs given their current situation it will require a monumental collapse on their part.
That has been my point for a while now. Thank god I'm getting some allies now.

Fish on The Sand is offline  
Old
04-08-2006, 09:04 PM
  #498
Dynasty
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 1,997
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NBHABSFAN
I don't see how you can put the blame on Higgins. He passed it back instead of moving it up of the boards I will give you that. Streit served up the puck to the NJ player. Maybe we can blame Huet for not making the save to keep us in it.

I disagree, that was a bad decision by Higgins. If Ryder had made the same play you, and about dozen of other Ryder bashers here, would have been all over him. So many posters here are so transparent that it's simply pathetic.

Dynasty is offline  
Old
04-08-2006, 09:04 PM
  #499
CrazyShea
Registered User
 
CrazyShea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: The Rock
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,759
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by znk
I so hope you're right. That's what my heart is saying....(wishing). But If I had to put my money on each of those last 4 games. A team in the hunt for a playoff spot vs teams who are 1 week from starting their golf season. I'd bet on Atlanta in each game.
Well the only team i can see not trying would be the bruins. But florida will want to continue to convice lunogo to stay and that they are serious about the playoffs and well ovechkin hes just god and theres no way hes going to be slacking off

CrazyShea is offline  
Old
04-08-2006, 09:04 PM
  #500
wholeshow*
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,767
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand
I do. They will beat the Rangers Habs and Canes, and just need to get into overtime in one of the Philly games. I see them taking one of those. New Jersey will go 4/5. There schedule isn't that tough. Good teams sure, but the Carolina game will be meaningless for the canes, and they will split with Phily. They own us, so they have us, and I think the Rangers won't be able to handle them.

might as well just give the devils a bye to the stanley cup finals eh? i don't see how any games are meaningless for the canes, they're battling with the sens for the number one spot in the conference. but i'm sure after such a great season, home ice advantage in a potential playoff matchup against the sens wouldn't matter to them in the end right?


Last edited by wholeshow: 04-08-2006 at 09:10 PM.
wholeshow* is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:37 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.