HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT: New Jersey @ Montreal 4/8/06 7PM EST RDS, FSNY

Closed Thread

Old
04-08-2006, 08:54 PM
Seat16inNJ

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seat16inNJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by HULKOVALEV
the devils have officially killed hockey, they are so borring its unbelievable, no wonder they can't sell out even during the stanley cup finals. pathetic.

i love going to other teams boards and reading this. It happens everytime NJ wins. When NJ wins the game was boring. When the other team wins, its either a.) brodeur has lost his game or b.) NJ cant play the trap anymore cause of the new rules.

Whats the season series at now?

Old
04-08-2006, 08:54 PM
znk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand
Atlanta WILL NOT go 5-0. We could go 2-3, but Atlanta will not go 5-0. If you are worried about 9th place teams going on 5 game winning streaks then you probably don't sleep very much.
Atlanta @ Tampa....that one...I dont know who will win.
No reason for atlanta to lose any of the last 4 games.
Capital
Bruins
capitals
panthers.

Old
04-08-2006, 08:55 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett
Toronto has pwned alot of teams since they lost the pressure of making the playoffs
How come nobody is worried about Toronto catching us? Unlike Atlanta they actually are on fire, and are only 7 back, to Atlanta's 6. If you fear Atlanta, you have to fear Toronto to.

Old
04-08-2006, 08:55 PM
Ross MacLochness

Quote:
look at the post above, that's scary

Heh, yeah I noticed that too.

Same thoughts and arguments in the same order at the same time.

Old
04-08-2006, 08:56 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seat16inNJ
i love going to other teams boards and reading this. It happens everytime NJ wins. When NJ wins the game was boring. When the other team wins, its either a.) brodeur has lost his game or b.) NJ cant play the trap anymore cause of the new rules.

Whats the season series at now?
3-0 Jersey. We have to go 5-0 to realistically get 6th, and 5-0 isn't realistic.

Old
NBHABSFAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by znk
Capital
Bruins
capitals
panthers.
Its a very good chance ATL win their next 5 games.

Old
Raider917

vCash: 179
tonights game wasnt that bad. it was frustrating that they didnt play in the 1st 2 periods like they did in the 3rd, but i think they played well. obviously the shot total was high.

theres 5 games remaining now. just win the majority of them. i think that 3 at least are very winnable. ottawa-buffalo-boston-buffalo-new jersey to finish.

ottawa are struggling, boston are boston and buffalo should be a split at worst. the next game vs NJ(if it matters) can be a win if they play like they did in the third through the entire 60 minutes.

Old
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
How come nobody is worried about Toronto catching us? Unlike Atlanta they actually are on fire, and are only 7 back, to Atlanta's 6. If you fear Atlanta, you have to fear Toronto to.

I was referring to Toronto's role of spoiler. They have relished it.

I'm no longer afraid of atlanta

I dunno where all that came from

Old
CrazyShea

Quote:
Originally Posted by znk
Capital
Bruins
capitals
panthers.
The panthers have been playing good hockey lately, the bruins can and will beat the thrashers in that game and well with the caps you never know what ovechkin is going to do.. id say atl goes 2-3

Old
04-08-2006, 08:58 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
I was referring to Toronto's role of spoiler. They have relished it.

I'm no longer afraid of atlanta

I dunno where all that came from

not you personally, read the top of the page. A bunch of people were afraid of Atlanta coming back from 6 points back in 5 games. I said that would be a miracle and was called arrogant.

Old
04-08-2006, 08:58 PM
larue*

Quote:
Toronto would sure like to take back their two o/t loses against the islanders and boston right now.

Old
04-08-2006, 08:59 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
3-0 Jersey. We have to go 5-0 to realistically get 6th, and 5-0 isn't realistic.

I'll remember this quote

so you think the devils will automatically get 7 points in their remianing games?

rangers/philly/philly/habs/carolina

I dunno how you can be so sure that the devils will get 7 more points.

I dont see the habs losing to the devils again, that's for sure

Old
NBHABSFAN

Quote:
not you personally, read the top of the page. A bunch of people were afraid of Atlanta coming back from 6 points back in 5 games. I said that would be a miracle and was called arrogant.
I disagree with your view on ATL, I think they can go 5-0 and have a shot so I am worred.

I agree with you on the fact we lost out on 6th place tonight. We will finish 7 or 8th

Old
znk

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyshea
The panthers have been playing good hockey lately, the bruins can and will beat the thrashers in that game and well with the caps you never know what ovechkin is going to do.. id say atl goes 2-3
I so hope you're right. That's what my heart is saying....(wishing). But If I had to put my money on each of those last 4 games. A team in the hunt for a playoff spot vs teams who are 1 week from starting their golf season. I'd bet on Atlanta in each game.

Old
Chfan
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyshea
Watch jason allison play golf for the rest of the year
thx
Hum, he can't, Dandenault's head broked his wrist....

Old
04-08-2006, 09:01 PM
LesHabsRock

New Jersey still has as tough a schedule, if not more than the Habs. They play NYR, Carolina, and Philly in their next 3 games. If they lose 2 out of 3 and the Habs win 2 out of their next 3 we're back in the race for 6th. That last showdown with NJ can still be the game where if we win we pass the devils.

Old
NewGuy

Quote:
Toronto's remaining schedule isn't exactly favourable the rest of the way. The have a home game against Ottawa and play Buffalo on the road in back to back games. I doubt they win both. The Habs would then only need a single win to eliminate them. If the Habs don't make the playoffs given their current situation it will require a monumental collapse on their part.

Old
CrazyShea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chfan
Hum, he can't, Dandenault's head broked his wrist....
Oh yeah well he can watch him on tv doing commercials for band-aids. Might as well put the human band-aid to work

Old
04-08-2006, 09:02 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
I'll remember this quote

so you think the devils will automatically get 7 points in their remianing games?

rangers/philly/philly/habs/carolina

I dunno how you can be so sure that the devils will get 7 more points.

I dont see the habs losing to the devils again, that's for sure
I do. They will beat the Rangers Habs and Canes, and just need to get into overtime in one of the Philly games. I see them taking one of those. New Jersey will go 4/5. There schedule isn't that tough. Good teams sure, but the Carolina game will be meaningless for the canes, and they will split with Phily. They own us, so they have us, and I think the Rangers won't be able to handle them.

Old
wholeshow*

i seriously don't understand why you guys are worrying about atlanta.
sure their schedules looks easy, but no game is easy in todays NHL.
their game against tampa is awesome for us. tampa wins, and the thrashers will pretty much have to be perfect to get into the playoffs...atlanta wins and then the heat is on the bolts as they'll have back to back games against the canes.

plus i have faith in luongo, that he'll cost both the bolts and thrashers crucial points in the standings. go FLA

Old
jcpenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider917
tonights game wasnt that bad. it was frustrating that they didnt play in the 1st 2 periods like they did in the 3rd, but i think they played well. obviously the shot total was high.

theres 5 games remaining now. just win the majority of them. i think that 3 at least are very winnable. ottawa-buffalo-boston-buffalo-new jersey to finish.

ottawa are struggling, boston are boston and buffalo should be a split at worst. the next game vs NJ(if it matters) can be a win if they play like they did in the third through the entire 60 minutes.
I think you need to watch the game again my friend. Habs totally owned the Devils in the first, no wonder why they had 4 PP but the problem was that they didnt score on any of them. In the second everybody knew that the refs would try to even up the PP's and it cost us the momentum. Against the Devils you have to score first especially if brodeur is in his superman form.

Old
04-08-2006, 09:03 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewGuy
Toronto's remaining schedule isn't exactly favourable the rest of the way. The have a home game against Ottawa and play Buffalo on the road in back to back games. I doubt they win both. The Habs would then only need a single win to eliminate them. If the Habs don't make the playoffs given their current situation it will require a monumental collapse on their part.
That has been my point for a while now. Thank god I'm getting some allies now.

Old
04-08-2006, 09:04 PM
Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBHABSFAN
I don't see how you can put the blame on Higgins. He passed it back instead of moving it up of the boards I will give you that. Streit served up the puck to the NJ player. Maybe we can blame Huet for not making the save to keep us in it.

I disagree, that was a bad decision by Higgins. If Ryder had made the same play you, and about dozen of other Ryder bashers here, would have been all over him. So many posters here are so transparent that it's simply pathetic.

Old
CrazyShea

Quote:
Originally Posted by znk
I so hope you're right. That's what my heart is saying....(wishing). But If I had to put my money on each of those last 4 games. A team in the hunt for a playoff spot vs teams who are 1 week from starting their golf season. I'd bet on Atlanta in each game.
Well the only team i can see not trying would be the bruins. But florida will want to continue to convice lunogo to stay and that they are serious about the playoffs and well ovechkin hes just god and theres no way hes going to be slacking off

Old
wholeshow*

Quote:
I do. They will beat the Rangers Habs and Canes, and just need to get into overtime in one of the Philly games. I see them taking one of those. New Jersey will go 4/5. There schedule isn't that tough. Good teams sure, but the Carolina game will be meaningless for the canes, and they will split with Phily. They own us, so they have us, and I think the Rangers won't be able to handle them.

might as well just give the devils a bye to the stanley cup finals eh? i don't see how any games are meaningless for the canes, they're battling with the sens for the number one spot in the conference. but i'm sure after such a great season, home ice advantage in a potential playoff matchup against the sens wouldn't matter to them in the end right?

Last edited by wholeshow: 04-08-2006 at 09:10 PM.
Closed Thread