HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT: New Jersey @ Montreal 4/8/06 7PM EST RDS, FSNY

Closed Thread

Old
04-08-2006, 09:05 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand
I do. They will beat the Rangers Habs and Canes, and just need to get into overtime in one of the Philly games. I see them taking one of those. New Jersey will go 4/5. There schedule isn't that tough. Good teams sure, but the Carolina game will be meaningless for the canes, and they will split with Phily. They own us, so they have us, and I think the Rangers won't be able to handle them.
Rangers played at home in the afternoon today. New Jersey played an evening game and will make the trip to NYC where the rangers await them. I can see those speedy NJ legs fading as the game wears along tommorow night.

MSG ice is not friendly to tired legs

Old
04-08-2006, 09:07 PM
Seat16inNJ

Send a message via AIM to Seat16inNJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett
Rangers played at home in the afternoon today. New Jersey played an evening game and will make the trip to NYC where the rangers await them. I can see those speedy NJ legs fading as the game wears along tommorow night.

MSG ice is not friendly to tired legs

seriously where do u get your info from?

1. Rangers played on the road today in Boston.

2. NJ plays at home tomorrow against the Rangers

Old
04-08-2006, 09:07 PM
NBHABSFAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynasty
I disagree, that was a bad decision by Higgins
Maybe a bad desision but a much worse play by Streit. IMO Streit is more at fault than Higgins passing the puck back to him. Come one how many times does that play happen during the game? Lots. We are talking about this one because of Streit, not because of Higgins passing it back.

Old
04-08-2006, 09:08 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seat16inNJ
seriously where do u get your info from?

1. Rangers played on the road today in Boston.

2. NJ plays at home tomorrow against the Rangers

my info is taken from a flyer fan who has put egg all over my face

my apologies

Old
04-08-2006, 09:10 PM
Raider917

was there anyone back for the senators in that game tonight? emery had a bad night.

Old
04-08-2006, 09:11 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Originally Posted by wholeshow
might as well just give the devils a bye to the stanley cup finals eh? i don't see how any games are meaningless for the canes, they're battling with the sens for the number one spot in the conference. but i'm sure after such a great season, home ice advantage in a potential playoff matchup against the sens wouldn't matter to them in the end right?
it is my prediction Ottawa will have clinched first place by the last game of the season. Gerber will not be in net, and Staal will likely be used sparingly. Recchi may not play at all.

Old
04-08-2006, 09:11 PM
Westcoasthabsfan

Quote:
6th place is out of the question now. It would take a miracle for us to pass new jersey. It is either 7th or 8th.
Really, last time I checked they are only two points out...you need to give your head a shake,

Old
04-08-2006, 09:12 PM
NBHABSFAN

Quote:
it is my prediction Ottawa will have clinched first place by the last game of the season. Gerber will not be in net, and Staal will likely be used sparingly. Recchi may not play at all.
It will be close with all the injuries they have, if Carolina can get their act together they have a better chance at 1st than OTT IMO.

Old
04-08-2006, 09:13 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westcoasthabsfan
Really, last time I checked they are only two points out...you need to give your head a shake,
we need to gain 3 points in 5 games. NOT realistic. IF we had the tiebreaker that would change everything because we do have a head to head with them still, but we will probably lose that game anyways. I predict we finish 3-2 to take 7th, which is the worst case scenario for us because Carolina owns us. 8th would be better than 7th if it means playing the sens.

Old
wholeshow*

Quote:
carolina and ottawa are tied for first right now (canes have the edge in the season series, have the edge in wins) but the sens have a game in hand. the devils play the canes on TUESDAY. The sens won't be able to clinch jack squat.

Old
Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewGuy
...If the Habs don't make the playoffs given their current situation it will require a monumental collapse on their part.
I agree, but we witnessed tonight why they won't be going very far in the playoffs... too slow and no toughness (apart from Begin).

Old
04-08-2006, 09:14 PM
NBHABSFAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westcoasthabsfan
I agree with FOTS tonight was out chance at 6th. We are now playing for 7th or 8th. Now NJ have 2 pts and the tiebreak on us.

Old
04-08-2006, 09:15 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
carolina and ottawa are tied for first right now (canes have the edge in the season series, have the edge in wins) but the sens have a game in hand. the devils play the canes on TUESDAY. The sens won't be able to clinch jack squat.
my apologies, the way new jersey's schedule was posted the carolina game was last so I assumed it was their last game. That will change how much Carolina will try, but I still predict a Devils win.

Old
04-08-2006, 09:17 PM
NBHABSFAN

Quote:
I agree, but we witnessed tonight why they won't be going very far in the playoffs... too slow and no toughness (apart from Begin).
I disagree with everything you said. I don't think we are too slow or not tough enough to make a serious run.

Old
04-08-2006, 09:18 PM
wholeshow*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBHABSFAN
I agree with FOTS tonight was out chance at 6th. We are now playing for 7th or 8th. Now NJ have 2 pts and the tiebreak on us.

lol, what the hell?
if the habs beat the devils, and they win another game in an instance where the devils lose...habs get 6th (barring a tampa hot streak).

don't make 6th place like some impossible goal to attain.

Old
04-08-2006, 09:18 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
I disagree with everything you said. I don't think we are too slow or not tough enough to make a serious run.
I think we could do some damage. We are a complete team. If Begin is healthy for the playoffs watch out. Also, Zednik always shows up for the playoffs, maybe we can get him going a little before hand.

Old
04-08-2006, 09:19 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
lol, what the hell?
if the habs beat the devils, and they win another game in an instance where the devils lose...habs get 6th (barring a tampa hot streak).

yes, we are saying that isn't very likely at all given the few games remaining.

Old
04-08-2006, 09:19 PM
wholeshow*

Quote:
my apologies, the way new jersey's schedule was posted the carolina game was last so I assumed it was their last game. That will change how much Carolina will try, but I still predict a Devils win.
fair enough, the canes have been struggling. but they're still a great team when they click. i hope the south east teams (not including the thrash and bolts obviously) win the rest of their games.

Old
04-08-2006, 09:20 PM
LesHabsRock

Look guys, all that needs to happen is for Atlanta to lose one game in their next 5 and our Habs need to win 2 games in their next 5 and Atlanta is toast, much less the maple leafs.

Old
04-08-2006, 09:20 PM
CrazyShea

Quote:
I think we could do some damage. We are a complete team. If Begin is healthy for the playoffs watch out. Also, Zednik always shows up for the playoffs, maybe we can get him going a little before hand.
I agree. I see the habs as a playoff team such as dallas or calgary. I wouldnt want to face these guys. The habs have a balanced roster and a hot goalie. I definitly see the second round for the habs.

Old
04-08-2006, 09:21 PM
NBHABSFAN

Quote:
lol, what the hell?

We need to gain 3pts on NJ over 5 games.

We play OTT, BUF, BOS, BUF, NJ that is a tough sked.

I am not saying it is impossiable to make it into 6th, but after tonight IMO we are now battling for 7th or 8th

Old
04-08-2006, 09:22 PM
NewGuy

Quote:
Since Huet took over at the start of February the Habs' longest losing streak is 3 games. Their worst 6 game performance is 2-4. They will make the playoffs. Also they are 8-2 in their last 10 games. Isn't it a bit pessimistic to believe that a single loss is indicative of the level of play they will bring into the playoffs? They had a ton of shots but Brodeur made a ton of saves. The loss sucks but there are five more games left in the season.

Old
04-08-2006, 09:24 PM
NBHABSFAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewGuy
Since Huet took over at the start of February the Habs longest losing streak is 3 games. Their worst 6 game performance is 2-4. They will make the playoffs. Also they are 8-2 in their last 10 games. Isn't it a bit pessimistic to believe that a single loss is indicative of the level of play they will bring into the playoffs? They had a ton of shots but Brodeur made a ton of saves. The loss sucks but there are five more games left in the season.
I agree. Will we make the playoffs? Yes.

I don't think we played bad tonight, Bordeur was hot and stole one. Ya and for the record this loss does suck.

Old
04-08-2006, 09:25 PM
Westcoasthabsfan

Quote:
We still play the Devs again this season..... man you guys have no faith whatsoever

Old
04-08-2006, 09:25 PM
wholeshow*

Quote:
yes, we are saying that isn't very likely at all given the few games remaining.
i'm not going to undermine my own team so i can be praised on a board for predicting things correctly.

the habs played a great game tonight and lost because we got stung by a hot goaltender. if you think brodeur can play like this for the duration of the season, you're kidding yourself. he's been incredibly inconsistent this year, and he's going to have atleast one bad game during this stretch run.

Closed Thread