HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

BJ's @ Oilers -- Oct 30th

Closed Thread

Old
10-29-2003, 07:58 PM
LoudmouthHemskyFan#2

vCash: 500
BJ's @ Oilers -- Oct 30th

The BJ's travel to edmonton to start the oilers 10 game win streak (i can only wish) let the marchant bashing/booing commence

Old
10-29-2003, 08:06 PM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoudmouthHemskyfan#2
The BJ's travel to edmonton to start the oilers 10 game win streak (i can only wish) let the marchant bashing/booing commence
Indeed!!!!!!! I won't be there, so could somebody please wait until the quiet right before the anthem, and then scream out as if rejoicing the lord, "MARCHANT YOU SUCK !!"

I hope to hear back that this mission was a success!

Old
10-29-2003, 08:09 PM
Cerebral

I personally think we should take it easy on Toddy.. a lot of people are forgetting that he was a great player for us for a number of years! We should give him the Dougy Weight treatment.. give him a standing ovation/video tribute his first time back.. then boo him every other time he sets foot in Edmonton

Old
10-29-2003, 08:09 PM
LoudmouthHemskyFan#2

LMHF#1 and I will do the honors if you dont mind

Old
10-29-2003, 08:21 PM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerebral
I personally think we should take it easy on Toddy.. a lot of people are forgetting that he was a great player for us for a number of years! We should give him the Dougy Weight treatment.. give him a standing ovation/video tribute his first time back.. then boo him every other time he sets foot in Edmonton
See the thing is Doug stepped up and wanted to do more for the team and be more of a leader (in puplic atleast) when the annual cost cutting moves were made. He left on a positive note, and was a MUCH MUCH MUCH more important member of our team then Marchant! Marchant whined and kevitched about the annual moves that had to be made last season - and that didn't AT ALL help the Oilers. He is a selfish guy who is one of those who would take it up the bum for $$. He's also one of the most active players in the PA, and I despise that in him. Alfredson is one of the big guys in the PA, but he under-stands changes need to be made and isn't a selfish out of touch pr!ck like Marchant!

Wow... what a rant that was!

Old
10-29-2003, 08:22 PM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
LMHF#1 and I will do the honors if you dont mind
OH, HU-RAY! Thank so much!!! I just wish that I could be there so that I could tear into the PA bi-atch

Old
10-29-2003, 08:30 PM
Allan

Quote:
Originally Posted by thome_26
See the thing is Doug stepped up and wanted to do more for the team and be more of a leader (in puplic atleast) when the annual cost cutting moves were made. He left on a positive note, and was a MUCH MUCH MUCH more important member of our team then Marchant! Marchant whined and kevitched about the annual moves that had to be made last season - and that didn't AT ALL help the Oilers. He is a selfish guy who is one of those who would take it up the bum for $$. He's also one of the most active players in the PA, and I despise that in him. Alfredson is one of the big guys in the PA, but he under-stands changes need to be made and isn't a selfish out of touch pr!ck like Marchant!

Wow... what a rant that was!
I think that went a little far. I don't think it's fair to accuse him of being selfish until last spring. Before that, he was a great team guy for ten years. In the spring, though, I agree with you. I think he had made his final decision to run for the cash, and gave up on his old team a bit early. I hate it when they lie and whine about how much they love the city, and had no choice but to leave. He had every opportunity to resign here - they are not actually obligated to sign the highest contract - but he wanted the money. At least be honest about it on the way out. "I liked it here, but I like money more" would suffice. Anything but the crying "I loved it here, and they made me take more money and run". That's so dishonest.

Old
10-29-2003, 08:39 PM
USC Trojans
I have a plan.

I think before you guys start booing him, remember all that he's done for the team (game 7 vs. Dallas anyone?)

and if I remember correctly, a bunch of us said that losing Marchant is no big deal since we have guys like Stoll and Torres who can replace him. we're not as shallow as that, right?

Old
10-29-2003, 08:46 PM
LoudmouthHemskyFan#2

His cockyness pissed me off..."Kevin lowe had a full house, and discarded the ace of spades" or something like that...BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Old
10-29-2003, 09:07 PM
Mizral

As a fan who's seen the Jackets play my Canucks twice so far this season...

Watchout.

The Jackets have an interesting set up of players, and their real key weakness I found was their defenseman for the most part are not terrific defensivly. However, Marc Denis can be an absolute WALL some nights.

The real amazing thing to watch though is the Jackets forwards. In paticular, Rick Nash & David Vyborny.

If you haven't seen Nash play yet... WHOA! He looks like a young Shanny out there. He plays like he's about 24 - 25, not 19 - 20. He is just an incredible player. Maybe a future Ryan Smyth, but perhaps even more scoring potential!

Vyborny has a knack for just buring his chances all the time.

The team has lost a dimension without Whitney, but they've gained one with Sydor. Watch out for Sydor, jumps into the attack often and is a hell of a passer.

Overall, this should be a tough, tough game. I regard these two teams pretty well equal at the moment. If Freddy Brathwaite plays though, chalk this up immediatly in the win category. That man is an awful, awful goaltender.

Old
10-29-2003, 09:10 PM
LoudmouthHemskyfan#1

David Vyborny...yet another talented hockey player the Oil let get away.

And as for booing Marchant, I booed the guy when he was still in an Oilers uni most of the time, now that he's in an opposition uni, you'd better believe he's gonna get it.

Old
10-29-2003, 10:31 PM
Mowzie
Asst. Dishwasher

Someone remind me why we are booing this guy?, He played by the rules. He was a little soured by KLO's qualifying offer but accepted it, played his heart out and was arguably our best player last year. he then explored his options and found a fat contract waiting for him. this is the economics of hockey, and it sucks, but its the harsh reality of it. Marchant didn't hold out, he played his heart out. Let's cheer this guy, I know I will, look out for my "T-Bone's Clones" cheering section up in The bloodies.

Old
10-29-2003, 10:55 PM
tsunami

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowzie
Someone remind me why we are booing this guy?, He played by the rules. He was a little soured by KLO's qualifying offer but accepted it, played his heart out and was arguably our best player last year. he then explored his options and found a fat contract waiting for him. this is the economics of hockey, and it sucks, but its the harsh reality of it. Marchant didn't hold out, he played his heart out. Let's cheer this guy, I know I will, look out for my "T-Bone's Clones" cheering section up in The bloodies.

Old
10-30-2003, 03:35 AM
Cowboy

Send a message via MSN to Cowboy Send a message via Yahoo to Cowboy
Marchant booing aside, I say the Oilers win 5-1 and Isbister finally scores playing with Smyth and Hemsky.

Old
10-30-2003, 04:25 AM
Oilers Hockey

I'll say 4-1 Oil.

Anyone notice that Isbister annoys the hell out of Sydor? They always go at it whenever they play each other it seems.

Old
10-30-2003, 05:16 AM
Obsessed

Just F*&^IN win baby!!!

Old
10-30-2003, 05:45 AM
oilers_guy_eddie

A win would be good

As for Todd... I always liked the guy, but his comments at the trade deadline and after leaving left a bad aftertaste.

Old
10-30-2003, 05:49 AM
Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilers_guy_eddie
A win would be good

As for Todd... I always liked the guy, but his comments at the trade deadline and after leaving left a bad aftertaste.

He has since done a fair bit of back peddling. I think he is expecting to be booed. He said it "Its business so you cant take it personal"

We might offend him if we don't salute him with a round of boo's?

I'll be there with my son(5). Sec. 122 Row 3 Seat 7&8 matching Laraque jerseys. No barley pops for me...

Old
10-30-2003, 05:53 AM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsessed
He has since done a fair bit of back peddling. I think he is expecting to be booed. He said it "Its business so you cant take it personal"

We might offend him if we don't salute him with a round of boo's?

IF I was going I'd let him have it.
OH, if I was going I'd let him have it, and it'd be non-stop, evil, stuff to!! Ever since last years trade deadline I was counting the sleeps until we could be rid of him!!!! I'm SOOOOOO glad he's gone!

Old
10-30-2003, 06:04 AM
Lowetide

Marchant was a good player for this team, and has our respect. Our HEARTS are with the team wearing the Oildrop, so he's fair game tonight.

As for the game, Oilers are in a situation where the win means a whole lot even though it's early. With Detroit and a road trip ahead, this game is a very important two points.

If they come out flat, they're dead. D-E-A-D.

Old
10-30-2003, 06:14 AM
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to Narnia
Any word on defense pairings. Is Cross playing as he apparently aggravated his shoulder in the fight with Iggy.

10-30-2003, 06:15 AM
ZIM

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by thome_26
OH, if I was going I'd let him have it, and it'd be non-stop, evil, stuff to!! Ever since last years trade deadline I was counting the sleeps until we could be rid of him!!!! I'm SOOOOOO glad he's gone!
LMHF#1 & LMHF#2 will take of it for you. They are relentless! unless of course marchant hires relatives to sit in front of them.

Old
10-30-2003, 06:28 AM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

And don't forget that he puplicly scrutinized the deal at the deadline! That isn't something that a leader does, "boo hoo, we lost a couple of guys, poor me, the good guys always get traded"

Lose all respect for him that day.

Old
10-30-2003, 07:26 AM
LoudmouthHemskyFan#2

Quote:
Originally Posted by omar
LMHF#1 & LMHF#2 will take of it for you. They are relentless! unless of course marchant hires relatives to sit in front of then.
hahahahahaha wouldnt surprise me one bit....

Old
10-30-2003, 08:13 AM
OYLer

Quote:
Sorry about posting such a similar title. We must agree to disgree about Todd Marchant. Like LMHF#1, Thome_26, and yourself I think Toddy should be BOOed but in a playfull and respectful way which honours his 9 years of selfless service to the Oilers.

Closed Thread