HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official GDT: NY Rangers @ NJ Devils, April 9 2006, 7:30PM

Closed Thread

Old
04-09-2006, 05:29 AM
Osminator

vCash: 50

@
(44-21-12, 100 pts, 1st Atlantic, 3rd East) -- (41-27-9, 91 pts, 3rd Atlantic, 6th East)

Team leaders
Rangers: Goals (53), Assists (65), Points (118): Jaromir Jagr -- Penalty minutes (97): Darius Kasperaitis
Devils: Goals (43), Points (78): Brian Gionta -- Assists (46): Scott Gomez -- Penalty minutes (91): Cam Janssen

Special teams
Rangers: Powerplay 18.8% (8th in NHL), Penalty Kill 84.5% (5th in NHL)
Devils: Powerplay 17.4% (21st in NHL), Penalty Kill 81.7% (18th in NHL)

Goaltenders
Rangers: Kevin Weekes (14-10-3, 2.83 GAA, 89.8 Save%), Henrik Lundqvist (30-11-9, 2, 2.18 GAA, 92.4 Save%)
Devils: Martin Brodeur (38-23-7, 2.61 GAA, 90.9 Save%), Scott Clemmensen (3-4-2, 3.35 GAA, 88.1 Save%)

Road/Home records
Rangers: 19-13-6 on the road
Devils: 24-11-3 at home

Last 10/Last 5 W-L-OT team records
Rangers: 6-2-2 (last 10), 4-1-0 (last 5)
Devils: 7-2-1 (last 10), 5-0-0 (last 5)

Season series
Rangers lead 4-2-1
Tonight is the 8th and final regular season game vs. the Devils
Last meeting (March 4): NYR@NJD, 2-1 Loss (Goal:Rucinsky, Assist: Sykora. Weekes 18 saves, 2 GA)

http://www.nhl.com/nhlstats/stats?se...e&context=Home and http://www.nhl.com/scores/previews/1162_2_preview.html

Injuries
Darius Kasperaitis, Martin Rucinsky and Steve Rucchin, Henrik Lundqvist is not listed! (http://www.newyorkrangers.com/gametime/injuries.asp)

Recent transactions
April 9: Al Montoya RECALLED to the New York Rangers (http://ahl.leaguestat.com/hm/transactions.php)
April 9: Chris Holt RETURNED to the Hartford Wolfpack (AHL) (http://ahl.leaguestat.com/hm/transactions.php)

Starting goaltender
Kevin Weekes
"... Renney said Lundqvist will not be in goal tonight in New Jersey. Kevin Weekes ... will get the nod one more time." (http://www.nj.com/rangers/ledger/ind...820.xml&coll=1)

In the news today
NY Daily News "Butt seriously: Jagr's behind propels him forward" (http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ho...-344735c.html)
NY Post "Cup starts with "C"" (http://www.nypost.com/sports/rangers/62190.htm)
Newsday "No. 53 a record, relief" (http://www.newsday.com/sports/ny-spr...nes&track=rss)

N.B.: Kasperaitis will miss the game (see Newsday article)

"The New York Rangers can extend their lead in the Atlantic Division and take a step closer to their first division title in 12 years when they wrap up their season series with the New Jersey Devils.

With 100 points, New York has a five-point lead over second-place Philadelphia and is nine points in front of the third-place Devils with five games to play. The Rangers and Flyers will finish their season series on Saturday in Philadelphia.

New York hasn't won a division title since 1993-94, when it went on to win the Stanley Cup and end a 54-year championship drought.

The Rangers won their third in a row and fifth in six games with a 4-3 overtime win Saturday over Boston. League scoring leader Jaromir Jagr had a goal and two assists, but it was linemate Michael Nylander's goal 40 seconds into the extra session that lifted New York.

Two of Jagr's three goals against the Devils this season came in a 4-2 win on Nov. 3 in New Jersey. Gionta has six goals and an assist in seven games this season versus the Rangers. Gomez has two goals and an assist in his last two games against the Rangers after being held without a point in his previous four games against them."

http://www.nhl.com/scores/previews/1162_2_preview.html

D!D Y0U KN0W ?

* Atlantic Division:
1. Rangers, 100pts, 4 Games remaining (after tonight)
2. Flyers, 95pts, 5 Games remaining (idle tonight)
3. Devils, 91pts, 4 Games remaining (after tonight)
4. Islanders, 73pts, Eliminated!
5. Penguins, 53pts, Eliminated!

* Flyers and Devils still play each other twice this regular season
April 13, Flyers @ Devils
April 16, Flyers @ Devils
* NHL Point leaders (as of April 9):
1. Jaromir Jagr 118pts (53G+65A)
2. Joe Thornton 111pts (28G+83A)
3. Alex Ovechkin 99pts (48G+51A)
* NHL Goal leaders (as of April 9):
1. Jaromir Jagr 53
2. Ilya Kovalchuk 51
3. Alex Ovechkin 48

L E T S G O R A N G E R S !

Last edited by Osminator: 04-09-2006 at 10:28 AM.
Old
04-09-2006, 06:16 AM
Osminator

Kasper not playing hurts... Rucchin can take plenty of time to recover, I love Immonen! 2 game, 2 goals... Never change a winning team, although I would scratch Hossa for Orr...

Why Orr over Hossa? Because Orr is better at HIS game (hitting, fighting) than Hossa is at his (scoring).

Hossa? IF he still is around next year, he will be (is!!!) surpassed by people like Immonen and probably even Orr (once he visits Jason Ward's skating coach)... he may do some of the "dirty" work, but he couldn't score to save his life.

Altough Holt was sent down and Montoya brought up, NHL preview of the game (check GDT intro for link) lists Weekes and Lundqvist as the NYR goalies for the game. My guess is that Montoya is only there for security. He played Fri. and Sat. for the Wolfpack, lost both games, he ain't gonna play 3 in a row for the Wolfpack (they have a game today as well).

Last edited by Osminator: 04-09-2006 at 06:46 AM.
Old
04-09-2006, 08:36 AM
shoothepuck

vCash: 500
Nice GDT Osimator, liked the "D!D YOU KNOW?" section, great work. Will be good to see NY win this one today. Would have liked to have Kasper and Lundqvist back and healthy, but more rest can only help them. With Philly's loss last night, NY has to wake up and come out strong and play a game they want to win. They can't play penalty hockey, and sleepwalk for two periods against NJ. Let's hope they come out and score early and often and shut NJ down. They need to send a message to both the Devils and the Flyers, and they can do it with a big win tonight. Let's go Rangers

Old
04-09-2006, 08:37 AM
Kostik

Nice GDT dude

Old
04-09-2006, 09:02 AM
TUQ

Wow, really good GDT !

Old
04-09-2006, 09:13 AM
Osminator

I love the applause and the applause loves me *giggle*

If the Rangers do (and will ) win the division, its not sure who they'll face off against in round 1.

Devils and Flyers are seperated by 4 points... if the Devils remain hot (after today of course!) and Philly doesn't show up like yesterday vs. Toronto... the Devils might just overtake the Flyers... and as Buffalo is out of reach for the two, that would mean 5. NJ and 6. Philly.... so round 1 NYR vs. Philly... man.

Sure everyone would love to have Kasper and Henke back, but give em a rest... its already been a long (olympic) season. Jagr is such a power house... can't remember the exact source (MSG Network interview), but Renney said Jagr felt great and didn't want to miss any games, just morning skates

Last edited by Osminator: 04-09-2006 at 09:37 AM.
Old
04-09-2006, 10:05 AM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osminator
I love the applause and the applause loves me *giggle*

If the Rangers do (and will ) win the division, its not sure who they'll face off against in round 1.

Devils and Flyers are seperated by 4 points... if the Devils remain hot (after today of course!) and Philly doesn't show up like yesterday vs. Toronto... the Devils might just overtake the Flyers... and as Buffalo is out of reach for the two, that would mean 5. NJ and 6. Philly.... so round 1 NYR vs. Philly... man.
Yup, and you didn't mention the fact that the Flyers will play the Devils twice in the last 5 games, both in New Jersey! We could very easily be hosting the Flyers in Round 1!

Huge game tonight for us. A win nearly locks up the Atlantic. Who would have predicted that???

Old
04-09-2006, 10:30 AM
Levitate

Tough game...hopefully another big night from Jagr will get the Rangers the win. I'd like to see him get a hattrick if at all possible, he needs to get up some more goals on kovulchuck

Honestly, I think kovulchuck is going to pass him and win the Richard...just a feeling for some reason, but that's ok, he'll still win Hart and Ross

A win tonight would be big though, hopefully Weekes continues to play well.

Old
04-09-2006, 10:33 AM
polako

osiminator,

thats not a GDT, its a dissertation

Old
04-09-2006, 10:36 AM
Osminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue
Yup, and you didn't mention the fact that the Flyers will play the Devils twice in the last 5 games, both in New Jersey! We could very easily be hosting the Flyers in Round 1!

Huge game tonight for us. A win nearly locks up the Atlantic. Who would have predicted that???
Flyers@Devils x2 is mentioned in the GDT intro.

Flyers final 5 games: Penguins, Devils, NYR, Devils and Islanders
Devils final 4 games: Hurricanes, Flyers, Flyers, Canadiens

Flyers have Islanders and Penguins, 2 non-playoff teams where as the Devils have all playoff bound teams.

I hate both, but I think the Flyers will prevail. I wouldn't count the Devils out yet though.

Old
04-09-2006, 10:41 AM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Flyers@Devils x2 is mentioned in the GDT intro.

Flyers final 5 games: Penguins, Devils, NYR, Devils and Islanders
Devils final 4 games: Hurricanes, Flyers, Flyers, Canadiens

Flyers have Islanders and Penguins, 2 non-playoff teams where as the Devils have all playoff bound teams.

I hate both, but I think the Flyers will prevail. I wouldn't count the Devils out yet though.
ahh, didn't see it in the did you know section. good work. should be an entertaining final 10 days.

Old
04-09-2006, 10:42 AM
Osminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by polako
thats not a GDT, its a dissertation
Are you taking the piss??? I handed in my University dissertation on Thursday, not even 5 days ago!!!

You think something's stuck to me?

This GDT probably has better research, referencing and concepts than my 10,800-word dissertation

Old
04-09-2006, 10:50 AM
Osminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue
ahh, didn't see it in the did you know section. good work. should be an entertaining final 10 days.
hell, yeah!!! feels good looking down from the top

5. Philly (95 pts)
6. New Jersey (91 pts)
7. Tampa Bay (89 pts)
8. Montreal (89 pts)

Everyone else below #10 is eliminated

Old
04-09-2006, 11:38 AM
DutchShamrock

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/standings

Ottawa 108
Carolina 108
NYR 100
Buffalo 102

Let's not forget about the top of the standing either. Only 2 behind Buf with NYR having a game in hand. It won't effect the first round standings but it could come into play in the 2nd round IF we each make it that far. Not a huge goal but something to play for.

I hope Immonen makes it very hard for Renney to send him back. I'm feeling NHL assist #1 for Jarkko (via Prucha) today. And the floodgates may open for Jagr now that 53 is out of the way.

Old
04-09-2006, 11:52 AM
Osminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugerya
http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/standings

Ottawa 108
Carolina 108
NYR 100
Buffalo 102

Let's not forget about the top of the standing either. Only 2 behind Buf with NYR having a game in hand. It won't effect the first round standings but it could come into play in the 2nd round IF we each make it that far. Not a huge goal but something to play for.

I hope Immonen makes it very hard for Renney to send him back. I'm feeling NHL assist #1 for Jarkko (via Prucha) today. And the floodgates may open for Jagr now that 53 is out of the way.
Even if Buffalo finishes the regular season with 120 pts, they would never be seeded higher than the Rangers, no matter when (if?!) they would meet in the playoffs, as division winners are always re-seeded 1-2-3 (unless they lose in the 1st round, they're out then), followed by the point totals of the remaining teams in who won their round 1 series.

If the season ended today, Ottawa crashes out in the 1st round but Carolina and Rangers win their 1st round series, Carolina would become the automatic number 1 seed, the Rangers would become number 2.

As Ottawa and Carolina a runaways, the Rangers, withstanding a meltdown, are a lock at number 3.

---
I wonder what will be the case with Immonen when Rucinsky gets back. A) There is a roster limit of 23 B) Let Hossa sit in the press box and let Immonen play in the AHL playoffs

Last edited by Osminator: 04-09-2006 at 12:10 PM.
Old
04-09-2006, 11:52 AM
ihatenewjersey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugerya

i have my fingers crossed for these things to come true

Old
04-09-2006, 12:00 PM
NYR94

Send a message via AIM to NYR94
Great job on the GDT, Osminator. Let's hope Prucha hits 30 tonight.

LET'S GO RANGERS!!!

Old
04-09-2006, 12:15 PM
Osminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR94
Great job on the GDT, Osminator. Let's hope Prucha hits 30 tonight.

LET'S GO RANGERS!!!
Thanks.
Yeah, Prucha seems stuck on 29, similar to when Jagr was stuck on 52. He needs to hit the magic 30, it'll do wonders for him...

Old
04-09-2006, 12:23 PM
DontStaal

Quote:
Are you taking the piss??? I handed in my University dissertation on Thursday, not even 5 days ago!!!

You think something's stuck to me?

This GDT probably has better research, referencing and concepts than my 10,800-word dissertation

haha.. great work on the GDT. I'm hoping prucha hits 30 today as well as more Ice time for Imo.. LEts go RANGERS

Old
04-09-2006, 12:36 PM
HF_Rangers

Going to the game tonight... I'm sure it'll be "Continental Airlines Garden" as usual with all the Rangers fans there!

Old
04-09-2006, 12:47 PM
ATLANTARANGER*

Could be only the 4th SO of the year?

Opening night I assume was a SO, Stevens & Daneyko had to be SO. I don't know if a debbie fans showed up for any of the other NYRs games to make any of those a SO.

Old
04-09-2006, 12:51 PM
HF_Rangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLANTARANGER
Opening night I assume was a SO, Stevens & Daneyko had to be SO. I don't know if a debbie fans showed up for any of the other NYRs games to make any of those a SO.
1st game had about 17k, 2nd only about 15k, both with plenty of Rangers fans. Third game sold out though.

Old
04-09-2006, 01:15 PM
You 'Orns!

Send a message via AIM to 007 Send a message via MSN to 007
Great GDT!!! Low on flash, high on substance: the best yet!

Old
04-09-2006, 01:26 PM
eco's bones

Not a big fan of Orr's but we've had a real problem with Janssens this year. Might be a good idea to put him in for Hossa and put him on the ice whenever Janssens is on the ice. A win tonight and the division will be just about ours.

Old
04-09-2006, 01:38 PM
Rangers_23
Beuke!

Send a message via AIM to Rangers_23 Send a message via MSN to Rangers_23
Lets put the nail in the coffin on Philthy's chances of taking this division title. 2 points tonight and we are 7 points up.

After this game, I hope the Devils win out, much rather play the Flyers in the 1st round.

Lets Go Rangers!

Closed Thread