HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

gonchar rumbles

Closed Thread

Old
10-30-2003, 03:37 AM
onemorecup*

vCash: 500
gonchar rumbles

with rumours of a leafs/caps deal for Gonchar , which I think is ridiculous
because the leafs have no depth to move anyone, any chance of a hab deal if he is available?
I think he would be a great fit for us at 3.7 mil. Even if you have to sign
him he is a hell of a lot better than what we have now. They may take
Rivet in a package knowing that he is locked up for the next 3 years, at less than what Gonchar eventually would be getting.

would Rivet, Hainsey and a 2nd be enough?

Old
10-30-2003, 03:42 AM
Darz

Gonchar for Rivet, Hainsey and a 2nd seems fair, and I wouldn't mind seeing the habs make a move like that. Gonchar probablely still has 6 or so good years left and could really boost our PP and transition game.
On the other hand though, it doesn't seem like a move a team going through a rebuilding period should make, although, we could acquire him, and in a couple years if our rebuilding plan is still on course ,we could trade him again, so....

I can see both sides of this arguement

Old
10-30-2003, 03:43 AM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

vCash: 700
Rivet is making Gonchar's money ... nuff said .

They would probaly want a good d-men , cheap and with some upside . Andrei Markov and Nicklas Sundstrom could work but i rather keep Markov .

If i had to make an offer it would be : Hossa , Quintal , Milroy for Gonchar , Pettinger ... take it or leave it .

Old
10-30-2003, 05:06 AM
Dutchy

Send a message via ICQ to Dutchy
As everyone else in the league, the Caps are trying to unload salrary. It makes it hard to package veterans...

Old
10-30-2003, 05:29 AM
Highlander

Darz is right, we are in rebuilding mode, so I don't think this will happen. But then again, Gainey is known for making moves that no one saw coming. More likely is a trade for another forward, or a d-man from a struggling team. The Spector rumour on Gainey and Gauthier scouting the Ana - Wash game is interesting (see other thread). While I don't normally go with what is mentioned on the Spector site, this one may have merit. Ana is struggling and apparently may want to trade one or two of its younger d-men, Gainey may want to shake up the line up, and Gauthier knows the Duck's players. For once there may be some truth to this rumour...

Old
10-30-2003, 06:15 AM
NWT Habs Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highlander
Darz is right, we are in rebuilding mode, so I don't think this will happen. But then again, Gainey is known for making moves that no one saw coming. More likely is a trade for another forward, or a d-man from a struggling team. The Spector rumour on Gainey and Gauthier scouting the Ana - Wash game is interesting (see other thread). While I don't normally go with what is mentioned on the Spector site, this one may have merit. Ana is struggling and apparently may want to trade one or two of its younger d-men, Gainey may want to shake up the line up, and Gauthier knows the Duck's players. For once there may be some truth to this rumour...
I really don't see Gainey being a patient man if some of our "better" players aren't playing up to their potential game in and game out. I know there is a general feeling that he will wait the 20-30 games or so to get to know what he has to work with, but he also wants to leave his mark and send a strong message sooner than that.

As for Gauthier scouting ANA-WASH, all I can say is...good!! That's what a pro scout is supposed to do, and all the better to provide Gainey with info when he is ready to pull the trigger on a trade (whenever that will be). Both ANA and WASH are struggling so far in this early season and may be good trading partners (ie, we may be able to get good return on a trade with them).

Closed Thread