HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

too much respect for brodeur?

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-09-2006, 12:17 PM
  #1
wade
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 434
vCash: 500
too much respect for brodeur?

I'm not sure if it was just me but the habs didnt seem to be playing the way they usual do against brodeur.

Yes they made a lot of shots but it seemed as though they weren't crashing as hard to the net as they usually do and were taking shots from the outside

i think perhaps we have too much respect for him as a goalie (yes he deserves it but we cant win like that)

I rmeember at the begining of the year when players crashed his net he got furious and it threw him off his game..

thoughts?

wade is offline  
Old
04-09-2006, 01:17 PM
  #2
Westcoasthabsfan
Registered User
 
Westcoasthabsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: In Pandoras Box
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,308
vCash: 500
too much respect??? the guy is a sure fire first year of eligibility HOF... and will probably shatter Roys all time wins record...The guy is good and has always played well in Montreal....Too much respect, I dont think so

Westcoasthabsfan is offline  
Old
04-09-2006, 01:18 PM
  #3
montreal
Moderator
Go Habs Go
 
montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Greenland
Posts: 25,792
vCash: 500
I thought he was great last night

montreal is online now  
Old
04-09-2006, 01:18 PM
  #4
Mike8
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 11,444
vCash: 500
I think NJ's five-man defense was too much for Montreal to handle on the night.

Mike8 is offline  
Old
04-09-2006, 01:54 PM
  #5
terreur
Registered User
 
terreur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,741
vCash: 500
I don't think it's because the show too much respect to him... I just think he is a hell of a goalie. ANd since he is from Montreal, he really brings his A game against us.

terreur is offline  
Old
04-09-2006, 02:02 PM
  #6
livingfree
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Posts: 200
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to livingfree
he really good against montreal, he have a GAA of 1.90 or something in around 50 games.

livingfree is offline  
Old
04-09-2006, 02:03 PM
  #7
wholeshow*
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,767
vCash: 500
damn these quebecois goaltenders that play lights out hockey against the habs, i'm glad there's been a rapid influx of euro goaltenders into the nhl.

wholeshow* is offline  
Old
04-09-2006, 03:38 PM
  #8
Phousse
Registered User
 
Phousse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,607
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westcoasthabsfan
too much respect??? the guy is a sure fire first year of eligibility HOF... and will probably shatter Roys all time wins record...The guy is good and has always played well in Montreal....Too much respect, I dont think so
I highy doubt that he'll "shatter" Roy's record. If anything, he'll just squeak by.

Phousse is offline  
Old
04-09-2006, 03:54 PM
  #9
Mike8
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 11,444
vCash: 500
Why would he just squeak by? Good goalies are still in their prime until 37-38 years old. Brodeur's 33, almost 34. Four seasons left for him at least, call a conservative 35 wins a year (and that's very conservative since he's only had fewer than 37 wins once in his career--a decade ago).

That's 140 wins. He's 110 wins (roughly) behind Roy.

So in a very conservative amount of years left in Brodeur's tank, and conservative number of wins per year, Brodeur will still beat Roy by almost a full season worth of wins.

Pretty impressive.

Mike8 is offline  
Old
04-09-2006, 04:31 PM
  #10
Dan K
HFBoards Partner
 
Dan K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,176
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Dan K
Despite Brodeur, despite maybe not crashing the net as much as usual... the game still would have gone into OT if not for that one bad giveaway, or maybe even if it weren't for the cheap (but smart I guess) hook on Ryder in the dying seconds.

I was quite frustrated after the game, but we have nothing to hang our heads low over. We competed and came up short on that night, nothing more to it than that. They got the bounces. We were due for such a game.

Dan K is offline  
Old
04-09-2006, 04:33 PM
  #11
Shabutie
Registered User
 
Shabutie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Ottawa
Country: Portugal
Posts: 15,644
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8
Why would he just squeak by? Good goalies are still in their prime until 37-38 years old. Brodeur's 33, almost 34. Four seasons left for him at least, call a conservative 35 wins a year (and that's very conservative since he's only had fewer than 37 wins once in his career--a decade ago).

That's 140 wins. He's 110 wins (roughly) behind Roy.

So in a very conservative amount of years left in Brodeur's tank, and conservative number of wins per year, Brodeur will still beat Roy by almost a full season worth of wins.

Pretty impressive.
Behind the Devils? Not as much. Sort of like Barry Bonds beating Hank Aarons home run record.

Shabutie is offline  
Old
04-09-2006, 05:06 PM
  #12
Mike8
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 11,444
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie
Behind the Devils? Not as much. Sort of like Barry Bonds beating Hank Aarons home run record.
It's no less impressive because it was with the Devils. Brodeur has been NJ's MVP for over a decade.

It's no coincidence that NJ went from a mediocre franchise to 2nd in the league in his rookie year, then won the Cup the following season.

Over the last 11 years, a span in which the Devils have either been a favourite or at least a contender, the only player that has been with the club the entire time is Brodeur. The core has changed three times, and the defense is no longer that strong. Yet Brodeur's met his career 'regular' amount of wins (roughly 40).

Gotta give credit where it's due.

Mike8 is offline  
Old
04-09-2006, 05:15 PM
  #13
Shabutie
Registered User
 
Shabutie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Ottawa
Country: Portugal
Posts: 15,644
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8
It's no less impressive because it was with the Devils. Brodeur has been NJ's MVP for over a decade.

It's no coincidence that NJ went from a mediocre franchise to 2nd in the league in his rookie year, then won the Cup the following season.

Over the last 11 years, a span in which the Devils have either been a favourite or at least a contender, the only player that has been with the club the entire time is Brodeur. The core has changed three times, and the defense is no longer that strong. Yet Brodeur's met his career 'regular' amount of wins (roughly 40).

Gotta give credit where it's due.
No doubt, I just prefer Roy's feat with Montreal + Colorado.

Shabutie is offline  
Old
04-09-2006, 05:34 PM
  #14
Stefan
Registered User
 
Stefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Ottawa - HabsTown
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,322
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Stefan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie
No doubt, I just prefer Roy's feat with Montreal + Colorado.
Why?

Stefan is offline  
Old
04-09-2006, 05:38 PM
  #15
Shabutie
Registered User
 
Shabutie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Ottawa
Country: Portugal
Posts: 15,644
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHabsRule
Why?
I prefer Roy's style + cocky personality.

Shabutie is offline  
Old
04-09-2006, 05:50 PM
  #16
CrAzYNiNe
Registered User
 
CrAzYNiNe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,111
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
I know what you mean. Wait, lemme se, you don't mean respect like he isn't as good as we say he is, but like getting in the crease and shaking him up. Like for instances against boston, thomas had his mask knocked off in both games. Is that what you mean?

CrAzYNiNe is offline  
Old
04-09-2006, 07:59 PM
  #17
beowulf
Not a nice guy.
 
beowulf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 41,055
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Brodeur is good but I still think he is somewhat overated. Look at the defence he had in front of him all those years and look at the style of play his teams played. His career save% is not all that special and this will be the first season he might get over 2000 shots which is amazing considering the number of games he plays each year. That said he still he a good goalie.

beowulf is offline  
Old
04-09-2006, 09:20 PM
  #18
wade
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 434
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzYNiNe
I know what you mean. Wait, lemme se, you don't mean respect like he isn't as good as we say he is, but like getting in the crease and shaking him up. Like for instances against boston, thomas had his mask knocked off in both games. Is that what you mean?
Finally someone who gets exactly what i mean!!!

and I think since souray is like brodeur's best buddy has a factor in it too....

i mean souray wouldnt want his teamates to run his buddy or anything either and personally i think souray plays a big role..

like for example instead of going straigh at the goalie, crashing the net and making marty nervous he would get hit,,, they stayed out of his crease... I remember very well when brodeur was doing very bad at the begining of the season when players ran into him and he went beserk at the refs.. it knocked his concentration off

wade is offline  
Old
04-09-2006, 09:22 PM
  #19
wholeshow*
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,767
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wade
Finally someone who gets exactly what i mean!!!

and I think since souray is like brodeur's best buddy has a factor in it too....

i mean souray wouldnt want his teamates to run his buddy or anything either and personally i think souray plays a big role..

like for example instead of going straigh at the goalie, crashing the net and making marty nervous he would get hit,,, they stayed out of his crease... I remember very well when brodeur was doing very bad at the begining of the season when players ran into him and he went beserk at the refs.. it knocked his concentration off
so i suggest that gainey dresses raphael for one game and gets him to take a run at brodeur.

wholeshow* is offline  
Old
04-09-2006, 10:13 PM
  #20
Teufelsdreck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 15,208
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wholeshow
so i suggest that gainey dresses raphael for one game and gets him to take a run at brodeur.
Better Ivanans. He'd do a better demolition job, and who cares if he gets suspended?

Teufelsdreck is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:07 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.