HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Should we be interested in Kraft?

Closed Thread

Old
10-29-2003, 09:39 PM
FacelessButcher

vCash: 500
Should we be interested in Kraft?

Guess this is who we were checking out in the Pens-Canes game(scroll down just a tad)

I think he would cost us Chimera or a 3rd pick at the most, ya I know Chimera's stats look a lot better but he is supposed to have a pretty high ceiling and good skills just not executing properly. So lets see do we want him on our team(most likely as our 2nd line center) I don't think we can send him down without getting picked up, has size and I have an odd feeling he might have decent chem with Dvorak(both czechs if that means anything), never really had the best line-mates played 10-13mins a game, horrible plus minus(horrible team too) ? Yes/No?

Old
10-29-2003, 09:58 PM
windowlicker

Quote:
Originally Posted by FacelessButcher
Guess this is who we were checking out in the Pens-Canes game(scroll down just a tad)

I think he would cost us Chimera or a 3rd pick at the most, ya I know Chimera's stats look a lot better but he is supposed to have a pretty high ceiling and good skills just not executing properly. So lets see do we want him on our team(most likely as our 2nd line center) I don't think we can send him down without getting picked up, has size and I have an odd feeling he might have decent chem with Dvorak(both czechs if that means anything), never really had the best line-mates played 10-13mins a game, horrible plus minus(horrible team too) ? Yes/No?

unlike Brendl (another "sureshot" rookie from that year), Kraft is suppose to have a much better attitude, and a better overall talent level. Where Brendl is a goal suck that hasnt realized yet that you actually have to Work to cherry pick in the bigs, Kraft seems to have improved his overall game.

i wouldnt mind getting him, though i dont know if we should give up on Chimera that quick (he could still turn out to be a gem. what has he played... one full season?)

Old
10-29-2003, 10:01 PM
Mowzie
Asst. Dishwasher

how about brian holzinger for a 5th rounder? minimal risk, if he doesnt pan out we can waive him.

Old
10-29-2003, 10:05 PM
FacelessButcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by windowlicker
unlike Brendl (another "sureshot" rookie from that year), Kraft is suppose to have a much better attitude, and a better overall talent level. Where Brendl is a goal suck that hasnt realized yet that you actually have to Work to cherry pick in the bigs, Kraft seems to have improved his overall game.

i wouldnt mind getting him, though i dont know if we should give up on Chimera that quick (he could still turn out to be a gem. what has he played... one full season?)
I would like there to be one of our forwards involved(to prevent anymore congestion) I suggested Chim because Lemieux tried grabbing him before so you know their is interest(+seeing him and Koltsov rocket down the ice would be a treat).I am not saying we should trade Chimera necesarily just trying to give a decent perspective of what it would cost us to get him.

Old
10-29-2003, 10:17 PM
windowlicker

Quote:
Originally Posted by FacelessButcher
I would like there to be one of our forwards involved(to prevent anymore congestion) I suggested Chim because Lemieux tried grabbing him before so you know their is interest(+seeing him and Koltsov rocket down the ice would be a treat).I am not saying we should trade Chimera necesarily just trying to give a decent perspective of what it would cost us to get him.
Now that I think about it, lets imagine getting Kraft for Chimera, then getting a forward in return for Comrie, then trying to give Pisani his minutes to justify his contract, together with trying to give Isbister and Torres their minutes to justify the Niinimaa trade, compounded with giving Rita a fair shot this season as well as giving Salmo a look which he earned in pre-season. To this add Stoll (and im not even mentioning the regulars).......... we need a 5th line on this team.

Old
10-30-2003, 02:42 AM
Bohologo

What about his speed?

I'd heard that Kraft was not the swiftest guy on two skates and that his intensity wasn't as consistent as possible. But if there is one guy the Pens must be nearly fed up with already, it's gotta be Kraft & perhaps Beech.

I'm not sure if I'd make too much of an effort to pair up guys who are of the same nationality, it wasn't an issue for Gretzy-Kurri, Naslund-Bertuzzi, Zhamnov-Selanne, etc.

Old
10-30-2003, 07:38 AM
USC Trojans
I have a plan.

I like BEech better

Old
10-30-2003, 08:43 AM
Mizral

Quote:
Originally Posted by alzardnp1
I like BEech better
I do too.

Kraft is a waste of time, so I hear. He could probobly be had for a 3rd, I hear his rookie contract is a bit high, though.

Old
10-30-2003, 09:10 AM
Behind Enemy Lines

Firstly, I would never trade Chimera for Kraft. Despite a slow start, I feel Chimera will develop in a solid two-way player for the Oiler and Kraft is a dubious NHL prospect.

I've seen both Kraft and Beech play in junior hockey. Definitely prefer Beech but he has not been able to translate junior results to the professional level. His biggest drawback is a lack of strength which impedes his effectiveness in playing against men. Solid raw talent who could be possibly Horcoff II (who I view as having okay raw skills but lacks the strength and grit to be a top-line player).

If we're talking a potential Comrie trade, I feel there are better trading partners out there. Florida, Atlanta, or Buffalo offer better quality young-players who have contributed at the NHL level.

Old
10-30-2003, 09:31 AM
Oiltalk

Kraft is horrible. If the Oilers can somehow get a player like him for a 5th rounder I wouldn't mind, but anything more is a waste of time.

Old
10-30-2003, 10:55 AM
MrMackey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oiltalk
Kraft is horrible. If the Oilers can somehow get a player like him for a 5th rounder I wouldn't mind, but anything more is a waste of time.
At this point, I'd bet he could almost be had for a fourth or a fifth, but it might have to be a multi-player deal to disguise his low value.

i.e. Rocky Thompson & a fifth for Kraft and future considerations.

Old
10-30-2003, 11:11 AM
FacelessButcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behind Enemy Lines
If we're talking a potential Comrie trade, I feel there are better trading partners out there. Florida, Atlanta, or Buffalo offer better quality young-players who have contributed at the NHL level.
This has nothing to do with Comrie and I am sure we all would prefer Beech to Kraft I just wanted to know if u would be willing to take a chance on him. Chimera or 3rd sound pricey and would be weary of that deal all though it is worth some thought but I would definetly give him a chance for a 4th, I can't foresee getting any better of a player with a 4th in the draft hes high risk high pay-off player. At worst player box filler for a 4th is very reasonable.

Closed Thread