HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

No trades are necessary right now

Closed Thread

Old
10-30-2003, 06:50 AM
ABasin
SelkeCaliber Defense

vCash: 500
No trades are necessary right now

The Avs don't need new players. They simply need the ones they have back on the ice. If Sakic was producing well, it wouldn't really be an issue. The only real needs the team has are a third line wing who can score a goal now and again, and a backup goaltender. And backup goaltenders will be available along the way. It's still early. No need to panic.

Also, do some of you guys still want to pick up Olaf Kolzig? :-)

Old
10-30-2003, 10:09 AM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABasin
The Avs don't need new players. They simply need the ones they have back on the ice. If Sakic was producing well, it wouldn't really be an issue. The only real needs the team has are a third line wing who can score a goal now and again, and a backup goaltender. And backup goaltenders will be available along the way. It's still early. No need to panic.
Thank you. Truer words were never spoken.

And NO, I don't want Kolzig.

Old
10-30-2003, 10:30 AM
Laperriere22*

What is the general consensus about what to do with Sauve then? If the Avs add a veteran back-up, I don't see how they can keep Sauve around and carry three goaltenders. I do believe Sauve would have to pass through waivers as well if he were to be sent down (not to mention that Budaj is the #1 there already). In a strictly hypothetical scenario like that, Sauve would be a problem that would have to be dealt with if a veteran was brought in as a back-up.

Old
10-30-2003, 10:41 AM
DarioinDenver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laperriere22
What is the general consensus about what to do with Sauve then? If the Avs add a veteran back-up, I don't see how they can keep Sauve around and carry three goaltenders. I do believe Sauve would have to pass through waivers as well if he were to be sent down (not to mention that Budaj is the #1 there already). In a strictly hypothetical scenario like that, Sauve would be a problem that would have to be dealt with if a veteran was brought in as a back-up.
Well, that's not all. You would also be questioning Aebischer's capability by such a move. That is unless Sauve is horrible for the first half of the regular season, in which case a move would be simply for more backup wins rather than a possible step in for Abby if he faulters.

Budaj and Lawson are playing lights out in Hershey right now, any moves would likely have to include Sauve or Abby in the deal. I frankly don't see that happening before January if at all.

Old
10-30-2003, 10:51 AM
avfan#21

With the Avs playing back to back this weekend. I wonder if Tony will play Abby back to back? If so does that mean Suave is done as an Av? If he doesn't and gets blown out does Lacroix start looking? If Phil's playing vs the Rangers, I hope he has a good game. I mean at somepoint they have got to call a weakness, a weakness.

Closed Thread