HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

One of the best hockey fights ever!!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-11-2006, 03:41 PM
  #51
Doshell Propivo
Registered User
 
Doshell Propivo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 3,001
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyRangers
Give the guy a break. When your team hasn't won a playoff series in something like 15 years you start to grasp for anything. Poor guy has got to suffer with Yashin for 5 more seasons.
Not for nothing but the Rangers haven't won a round (or made the playoffs) in 10 straight years.

Doshell Propivo is offline  
Old
04-11-2006, 03:50 PM
  #52
JerseyRangers
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Jersey City, NJ
Country: Ukraine
Posts: 1,621
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karel
Folks, these are hired professionals that put the jersey on because of a contract and a paycheck. They are not your blood relatives. Put Vukota in a Ranger jersey and Puriton in an Islander jersey and the reactions to these fights are very different.

For the record, I think that ALL of the incidents in these clips were cheap and classless. I appreciate tough, physical hockey and even like the occasional fight. I can also appreciate a passionate rivalry such as NYR-NYI (which by the way is now dead) as it brings out many great qualities of the sport. However, some "fans" need a reality check. The blood-thirsty garbage being spewed (from both sides) can be a little disturbing and frightening.
For the record most fans on this site don't like Dale Purinton and would rather not have him wear a Rangers jersey again. Personally, I hope that he is sent packing this summer. Its got nothing to do with the fact that he's a mediocare d-man; he's just a dirty player and I hate to see that. Also, Vukota always was a punk. I would have felt the same way about him in a Rangers jersey as I do in an Islanders jersey.

If you find this stuff so appalling why do you bother posting links to the site? Seems to me like your looking to antagonize a few Rangers fans. Looks like the one that needs a reality check is you.

JerseyRangers is offline  
Old
04-11-2006, 03:53 PM
  #53
JerseyRangers
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Jersey City, NJ
Country: Ukraine
Posts: 1,621
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karel
Not for nothing but the Rangers haven't won a round (or made the playoffs) in 10 straight years.
Really??? I guess that must have been a mirage in 97 when we got all the way to the conference finals. Try again!

JerseyRangers is offline  
Old
04-11-2006, 03:54 PM
  #54
Doshell Propivo
Registered User
 
Doshell Propivo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 3,001
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyRangers
Really??? I guess that must have been a mirage in 97 when we got all the way to the conference finals. Try again!
OK. 9 years. Sorry.

Doshell Propivo is offline  
Old
04-11-2006, 04:03 PM
  #55
Doshell Propivo
Registered User
 
Doshell Propivo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 3,001
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyRangers
For the record most fans on this site don't like Dale Purinton and would rather not have him wear a Rangers jersey again. Personally, I hope that he is sent packing this summer. Its got nothing to do with the fact that he's a mediocare d-man; he's just a dirty player and I hate to see that. Also, Vukota always was a punk. I would have felt the same way about him in a Rangers jersey as I do in an Islanders jersey.

If you find this stuff so appalling why do you bother posting links to the site? Seems to me like your looking to antagonize a few Rangers fans. Looks like the one that needs a reality check is you.
Do/did you feel the same way about Hospodar, Samuelsson, Fleury, etc?

Also, it's not so much that I find it appalling as I do amusing that some fans loyalty clouds rational thought. Just pointing it out. Figure this is as appropriate a form as any to do so.

Doshell Propivo is offline  
Old
04-11-2006, 04:13 PM
  #56
JerseyRangers
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Jersey City, NJ
Country: Ukraine
Posts: 1,621
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karel
Do/did you feel the same way about Hospodar, Samuelsson, Fleury, etc?

Also, it's not so much that I find it appalling as I do amusing that some fans loyalty clouds rational thought. Just pointing it out. Figure this is as appropriate a form as any to do so.
Fleury was more of an embarressment to himself then anything else. I actual felt sorry at first for Theo cause its obvious this guys got some serious issues. After a while it just became a joke. As for Samuelsson I guess some would say he was a dirty player. I never saw that even in his days with the Pens. Chippy, yes. He'd smack you in the ankles, run you high that kind of garbage. He wasn't one that would go outta the way to try and hurt you. The only problem I had with him is that he hardly ever dropped the gloves. Overall I liked the guy. Never had much of an opinion of Eddie H. Didn't think he was much of a player, or a fighter for that matter.

JerseyRangers is offline  
Old
04-11-2006, 04:35 PM
  #57
Melanson
Registered User
 
Melanson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Country: United States
Posts: 1,246
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyRangers
Fleury was more of an embarressment to himself then anything else. I actual felt sorry at first for Theo cause its obvious this guys got some serious issues. After a while it just became a joke. As for Samuelsson I guess some would say he was a dirty player. I never saw that even in his days with the Pens. Chippy, yes. He'd smack you in the ankles, run you high that kind of garbage. He wasn't one that would go outta the way to try and hurt you. The only problem I had with him is that he hardly ever dropped the gloves. Overall I liked the guy. Never had much of an opinion of Eddie H. Didn't think he was much of a player, or a fighter for that matter.
You might need to go read the thread in the NHL forum titled "Dirtiest player in NHL History". I'd say about 70% of the posts rank Samuelsson near the top. These are fans of many different teams.

Coincidence? I doubt it.

Both the Isles and Rangers have had cheap dirty players on their squads in the past. No incident should be considered more "classless" than others. They were all dirty.

Melanson is offline  
Old
04-11-2006, 07:00 PM
  #58
JerseyRangers
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Jersey City, NJ
Country: Ukraine
Posts: 1,621
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanson
You might need to go read the thread in the NHL forum titled "Dirtiest player in NHL History". I'd say about 70% of the posts rank Samuelsson near the top. These are fans of many different teams.

Coincidence? I doubt it.

Both the Isles and Rangers have had cheap dirty players on their squads in the past. No incident should be considered more "classless" than others. They were all dirty.
No, all that tells me is that most of the posters on these boards haven't been hockey fans very long. How do you make a list of "Dirtiest Players in NHL History" and not start it with Eddie Shack, Terrible Ted Lindsay, and Gordie Howe. These guys make most of the other guys mentioned look like choir boys. Samuellson no way ranks anywhere near these guys. In last couple of decades guys like Claude Lemeiux, Bryan Marchment, Dale Hunter, and even that puke that ended Beuks career rank higher.

As to Samuellson, first off, I hardly view him as a Ranger. He will always be identified as a Penguin in my book, just like Ronnie Francis. Second, two things have given Ulfie a bad rep. One, he wore a helmet with a visor and never fought. Therefore, even though he played on the edge and played a very chippy game, the fact that he didn't "back it up" in the traditional sense automatically makes many people label him as a dirty player. Guess what, he was no dirtier than scores of other defensmen who played a nasty game. Difference is alot of other d-men dropped the gloves when challenged. The second thing is the Neely hit. Guess what???? It was a good hit!!! Unfortunate that it essentially ended Neely's career but there was nothing wrong with the hit. Nah, I'll say it again. Samuellson was a rough, nasty player who totally played on the edge. He was hardly one of the dirtiest players to ever play the game.

JerseyRangers is offline  
Old
04-11-2006, 07:11 PM
  #59
ECL
Very slippery slope
 
ECL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Middle America
Country: United States
Posts: 80,700
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ECL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karel
That Purinton vs Cairns fight (vid #1) was awesome. It wasn't even a sucker punch like the moron who posted the captions said. Just a straight up amazing shot to good ol' Glass Jaw's face.

ECL is online now  
Old
04-12-2006, 10:38 AM
  #60
Melanson
Registered User
 
Melanson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Country: United States
Posts: 1,246
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Prescription
That Purinton vs Cairns fight (vid #1) was awesome. It wasn't even a sucker punch like the moron who posted the captions said. Just a straight up amazing shot to good ol' Glass Jaw's face.
Actually, if you recall, there were a lot of Rangers players who didn't exactly "back" Purinton when this happened. They also didn't seem thrilled when Purinton refused to fight Cairns in Nassau the next time they played. I think this speaks volumes. I doubt Purinton was very well respected in his own locker room.

Even Larry Brooks (the biggest Ranger homer around) said in his column the next week that what Purinton did was frowned upon and never would have happened in the "old days".

I'm not trying to pick a fight but I hate any of the cheap crap that goes on (even when Islanders do it). For example, I hated that when Peca came back from the Tucker hit he tried to do the same thing to Chara. Dirty hockey IMO.

There are plenty of ways to get hurt playing this game without someone taking a cheap shot.

Melanson is offline  
Old
04-12-2006, 03:08 PM
  #61
Avery316
guilty as charged
 
Avery316's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 442
vCash: 500
Yeah thats what we call a taxation by Purinton and did anyone catch Snow fall over that stick lmao!

Avery316 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:30 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.