HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Lindros bumps into a setback

Closed Thread

Old
10-30-2003, 02:50 AM
KING

vCash: 500
Lindros bumps into a setback

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ho...p-117777c.html

Old
10-30-2003, 03:57 AM
JCProdigy

What's friggin next?!? Mess is in a corner someplace going, "see I told ya. No you all bashed me but you don't see me tearing up my knees on the off days." Actually there is a silver lining in the article.

Quote:
Brian Leetch followed up Tuesday's morning skate by taking part yesterday in his first full practice since reinjuring a left ankle tendon Sept. 5. He turned and skated backward without any apparent difficulty and is nearing a return.
Almost there baby...almost there. Just hope he doesn't break a rib in his first pre-game warmups.

Old
10-30-2003, 04:01 AM
Son of Steinbrenner

wow and i thought carl lindros and his father fought so hard with the doctors that lindros wouldnt play for at least a month. it just shows that you cant believe any rumor you read on a message board. it also shows that lindros was working hard to get back.

Old
10-30-2003, 04:40 AM
JR#9*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jar jar links
wow and i thought carl lindros and his father fought so hard with the doctors that lindros wouldnt play for at least a month. it just shows that you cant believe any rumor you read on a message board. it also shows that lindros was working hard to get back.
This coming from a guy who believes that things aren't discussed amoung medical personel especially when it involves athletes or celebrities.

Old
10-30-2003, 04:44 AM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR#9
This coming from a guy who believes that things aren't discussed amoung medical personel especially when it involves athletes or celebrities.
among medical personal is one thing. discussing it with an outsider is so immoral and illegal that if i have to explain why i would actually feel bad you. and i mean that.

Old
10-30-2003, 04:51 AM
JR#9*

Quote:
among medical personal is one thing. discussing it with an outsider is so immoral and illegal that if i have to explain why i would actually feel bad you. and i mean that.
So I guess it means it doesn't happen then???

Wake up and get into reality here.

Reality doesn't seem to be one of your strong points however as even I, a optimist on the NYR's just have to laugh at most of your misplaced optimism.

Look at all the stories the writers come up with throughout the year and all the inside scoops they get on injuries, especially during the playoffs when teams try to hide injuries or flat out give false info on them to the media.

And you're talking about feeling sorry for me?Pathetic.

Old
10-30-2003, 04:55 AM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
So I guess it means it doesn't happen then???

Wake up and get into reality here.

Reality doesn't seem to be one of your strong points however as even I, a optimist on the NYR's just have to laugh at most of your misplaced optimism.
no it didnt happen. and if by some chance it did it was just a parent being overprotective of there child.

so your saying a teammate couldnt possiblly tell a writer about and injury? it has to come from somebody in the medical field? why would a doctor leak something? they can lose there licsecnse if they do. why would a doctor or nurse risk it? maybe a x-ray tech but what writer would believe an x-ray tech? maybe larry brooks and im sure you are a big fan his.

Old
10-30-2003, 05:13 AM
JR#9*

Quote:
no it didnt happen. and if by some chance it did it was just a parent being overprotective of there child.

so your saying a teammate couldnt possiblly tell a writer about and injury? it has to come from somebody in the medical field? why would a doctor leak something? they can lose there licsecnse if they do. why would a doctor or nurse risk it? maybe a x-ray tech but what writer would believe an x-ray tech? maybe larry brooks and im sure you are a big fan his.
You would think the way your whining like a little girl about this that you were your hero Lindros' parent.

You're not even worth getting into it with.

Old
10-30-2003, 05:25 AM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
You would think the way your whining like a little girl about this that you were your hero Lindros' parent.

You're not even worth getting into it with.
hey by the way great scoop can see it really worked out. whats funny is you cant get into it with me because your wrong. you can call me names like a girl but i can just call you what you are. A LIAR

Old
10-30-2003, 05:30 AM
True Blue

Quote:
hey by the way great scoop can see it really worked out. whats funny is you cant get into it with me because your wrong. you can call me names like a girl but i can just call you what you are. A LIAR
What is it that makes you call JR a liar? He has been in on the scoop for BOTH Bure and Lindros and was dead-on both times BEFORE the story broke in the papers. So the question that I have is that how do you know that JR is a liar? Personnal belief? If that is the case, then all you are doing is listing your OPINION that JR is lying to all of us. According to you, JR has nothing better to do than to come on this board and lie to everyone. Why would he do this? Think about it. You certainly are not in a position to prove or disprove what he is talking about.

Old
10-30-2003, 05:38 AM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue
What is it that makes you call JR a liar? He has been in on the scoop for BOTH Bure and Lindros and was dead-on both times BEFORE the story broke in the papers. So the question that I have is that how do you know that JR is a liar? Personnal belief? If that is the case, then all you are doing is listing your OPINION that JR is lying to all of us. According to you, JR has nothing better to do than to come on this board and lie to everyone. Why would he do this? Think about it. You certainly are not in a position to prove or disprove what he is talking about.
umm its obvious its my opinion that jr is a liar. i wasnt around here when he broke the "lindros and bure" stories before they broke in the paper. im talking about him bashing the lindros family in a post when lindros went down. i never said jr has nothing better to do than post lies? its obvious either somebody lied to him or he lied. either way its no big deal its a message board they are filled with lies. i already disproved what he was talking about. he said lindros was going to miss a month and his family fought with the doctor. he said it would be in the paper. well i havent seen it. i read most articles about this team. if im proved wrong i will apologize but i doubt that willl happen.

Old
10-30-2003, 05:42 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
You do realize that Lindros is a 30 year old man. This is not a child.

And please, if you want to be an overprotected parent, stop being an overprotected agent as well.

10-30-2003, 05:43 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

I think i've had enough of Lindros.

Old
10-30-2003, 05:45 AM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway
You do realize that Lindros is a 30 year old man. This is not a child.

And please, if you want to be an overprotected parent, stop being an overprotected agent as well.
oh please. you are telling me that your parents dont still care about your health? it was wrong for jrs friend to leak this story in the first place.

Old
10-30-2003, 05:46 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
oh please. you are telling me that your parents dont still care about your health? it was wrong for jrs friend to leak this story in the first place.
"Oh Jar Jar, everyone hates you but me" -Comic Book Guy

Old
10-30-2003, 05:48 AM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13
"Oh Jar Jar, everyone hates you but me" -Comic Book Guy
like i said before when you posted this i dont care if im liked on a mesage board. i have things going on in my life that make posting here a pleasure. i dont troll and i support my team.

Old
10-30-2003, 06:05 AM
True Blue

Quote:
its obvious either somebody lied to him or he lied.
What did you disprove? Nothing. He stated what he stated as inside info. What is obvious is that in your overprotection of Eric, you CHOOSE not to believe what others are saying. That is your perogative. JR did not lie about anything. You're telling me that you have not heard rumors of Eric's parents before? John from the Flyers board, informed all of us about Carl and Bonnie as the trade was going down. The fact that Carl Lindros has a different opinon that anyone else is no shock and has more than enough of a ring of truth to it.

Old
10-30-2003, 06:07 AM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
What did you disprove? Nothing. He stated what he stated as inside info. What is obvious is that in your overprotection of Eric, you CHOOSE not to believe what others are saying. That is your perogative. JR did not lie about anything. You're telling me that you have not heard rumors of Eric's parents before? John from the Flyers board, informed all of us about Carl and Bonnie as the trade was going down. The fact that Carl Lindros has a different opinon that anyone else is no shock and has more than enough of a ring of truth to it.
fair enough but its wrong to leak something about someone health. that was my original point.

Old
10-30-2003, 06:14 AM
JR#9*

Jar-Jar---1st off you posting under that says something about you but that's beside the point.

Second of all, you are a clown.You come off with an attitude and think you now a hell of alot more then you do and that is apparant.

I've had scoops on Bure and Leetch this yr twice and both time the info proved to be correct within 2-3 days times where the papers reported EXACTLy wahat I had posted earlier.

I'm one of the originals here and NEVER post stuff like that as EVERYBODY here can attest.The info happens to cross my path and I knew it to be true based on how I recieved it and I passed it along to some fellow NYR fans.

You don't want to buy into them--fine I could care less but people here know my track record here and I don't need to justify anything especially to a JO such as yourself.

And just how did you prove I was wrong on the Lindros issue???

What I said was that Carl was pushing against Feldman's diagnosis and was making it out to be more then it was and that voices were raised between the 2.

Slats the next day basically states that Lindros's pain threshold will determine when he can infact return.I realize your not to swift but what does that say to you Mr Morality????

Now go on tell me how you showed I'm a liar clownboy.

Go back to sleep with your big E teddy bear b/c your not going anywhere in this position your taking but if need be I have no problem setting your BS straight.

Old
10-30-2003, 06:19 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
fair enough but its wrong to leak something about someone health. that was my original point.

And you might want to go back and read what JR posted. Nowhere did it say that Lindros was not going to work at getting back. No one on this board said that Lindros is going to dog it to get back. What JR posted was that the Rangers were saying 2-4 weeks. Carl Lindros then came out and said it won't be 2 its more like 4. What are you really arguing about besides to simply argue?

Old
10-30-2003, 06:20 AM
True Blue

Quote:
but its wrong to leak something about someone health. that was my original point.
The only place where that holds water is when a doctor leaked info. That is the only place where it is wrong. Once a leak is created, it is fair game. Look at how many things are leaked to the media EVERY day. JR did not do anything wrong by informing all off us of inside information as it pertains to our beloved team. What you personally choose to believe or disbelieve is up to you.

Old
10-30-2003, 06:31 AM
Son of Steinbrenner

just curious when the next big trip to whatever bar you guys go drinking in is? perhaps it would be better if we talked about this face to face. then to you face i can call you a liar and you can call me a JO. and we can see whos point comes across better.

this is what you posted
Just wanted to add alittle tidbit on the Lindros front.

My friend is an X-RAY tech here in the city and some of his co-workers are the ones who work MSG for the games.

He said that they did the X-RAY and it showed the sprain but that it was a very minor one, something that doesn't warrant close to being out a month and supposively this was said by Feldman but that Carl Lindros felt differently and was going more towards being out the month as oppossed to a shorter period of time.

He said his coworker even said voices started getting raised b/w Feldman and Carl Lindros.

Hopefully the injury isn't that major and he can get back in 2 weeks as oppossed to 4 and I don't think it's that big a deal with Daddy Lindros getting involved.We'll see how it plays out but being that Eric is paid on a per game basis as well as him having to have a monster yr to secure his next contract wherever it may be.

Just wanted to throw it out there and guys can take it for what they want but just as I had posted about Bure 2 days before the papers did about what happened at Feldmans as well as posting about Leetchs setback last week and how Feldman said it would be another month 2 days before the papers reported it so do with it what you will but the story is legit not that it's a big deal.

AND ITS TOTAL BS, i would say it to your face. i would call you a liar to your face. i think you may have broken two stories before but you were WRONG to post this one or anyone about somebodys health. U are in no postion to do so.

Old
10-30-2003, 06:32 AM
JR#9*

Quote:
. Look at how many things are leaked to the media EVERY day.
EXACTLY!!!!!

But Jar-Jar lives in a bubble that has nothing to do with reality as shown by his very naive stances and comments.

Old
10-30-2003, 06:33 AM
Lundyfan

Send a message via Yahoo to Lundyfan
Well, this WAS funny as hell but now it's starting to border on stupid.......

Old
10-30-2003, 06:36 AM
Davisian

Quote:
AND ITS TOTAL BS, i would say it to your face. i would call you a liar to your face. i think you may have broken two stories before but you were WRONG to post this one or anyone about somebodys health. U are in no postion to do so.
Which part was total BS????

Closed Thread