HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Something about Roy

Closed Thread

Old
10-29-2003, 08:34 PM
championhabs

vCash: 500
Something about Roy

Hi. I'm not sure if this has been discussed or not. I seen the thread on not retiring Roy's #33 in Montreal. Personally I think we should but I might be bais cause he is my favorite player of all-time. I was just curious of what you guys think about the jersey he will retire with in the Hall of Fame. (do they even do that like baseball does?) I think he should go in as a Hab but I got a strange feeling he will go in as an Av which makes me sick. What do you guys think. Sorry if this is a stupid thread but i'm all the way out here in Australia and haven't seen the Habs play for a while so I can't comment on how they are playing right now. Your thoughts would be great. Thank you.

Old
10-29-2003, 10:23 PM
tinyzombies

He has to wait his turn I think. Larry Robinson has to be next, then Savard, Gainey and, though I don't agree, probably Dryden.

Old
10-29-2003, 10:41 PM
Habber

I'll bet he goes into the HOF as an Av, too. He still seems bitter towards the Habs but maybe things will change with time.

Old
10-30-2003, 04:28 AM
Darz

[QUOTE=championhabs] (do they even do that like baseball does?) QUOTE]

No they don't.

Old
10-30-2003, 04:31 AM
Darz

Quote:
Originally Posted by championhabs
I was just curious of what you guys think about the jersey he will retire with in the Hall of Fame. (do they even do that like baseball does?)
No, hockey doesn't do that.

Old
10-30-2003, 05:05 AM
Gros Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by raketheleaves
He has to wait his turn I think. Larry Robinson has to be next, then Savard, Gainey and, though I don't agree, probably Dryden.
No, no, not Dryden, that double-crossing, back stabbing gate-keeper. Turned his back on us, went to our rivals, tried to make another team better than the Habs. Never Dryden, who actually sat out one year for more money , trying to financially ruin the Glorious CH. Hah !
(All he did was win, what, 6 Cups with the Habs ?) He doesn't deserve it he wasn't loyal enough.

... Just like Patrick ...

Actually, someone brought up the Hall of Fame thing. It's obvious where the modern player's loyalty lie. Most likely, a player would be HOF'ed as a member of the team that paid him the most money over the course of his career. My question : if, as a HOFer, Patrick is an Av, why in the name of Boom-Boom Geoffrion would we retire his sweater ???

But as Darz said, hockey doesn't do that. Too bad, I'm sure the NHLPA would rather go with the money angle.

Closed Thread