HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Predict our lines for next year

Old
08-31-2006, 02:07 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5major View Post
I dont that article is correct about the number of players on one-way contracts. Having 14 players on one way deals make no sense. I cant think of any team ever having that many players on guaranteed NHL money deals. I think what Nashville has is 14 players signed to NHL contracts (combination of one way and two way). I think they have probably 11 one way deals max....but thats my two sense...

hartnell
erat
sullivan
kariya
legwand
dumont
vasicek
smithson
fiddler
hordichuk
nichol

for forwards ALONE are one-way deals. timonen, zidlicky, hamhuis all have one-way deals, as well. that's 14.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2006, 06:10 PM
muddycreek*

Quote:
Originally Posted by csstranger View Post
Agreed. I'd love to keep Hartnell on our team, but if he's going to sign elsewhere, I'd love to get something for him.
GONE! BOOK IT!

muddycreek* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2006, 07:12 PM
AL-Canadian

As I mentioned in the Dumont thread, I doubt Hartnell will be traded because of his uniqueness to the Preds. If he has a great season, the Preds benefit from it (Deep playoff run/Cup run) and then we'll see about his resigning. If he signs somewhere else, I'm guessing another 'power' forward wouldn't mind filling a slot on a Cup contending team (like Kariya, Arnott and Dumont it seems).

If the Preds aren't contenders near the trade deadline, then I can see Hartnell being shopped for what the going rate is for young UFA forward. As for now, I think Erat, Upshall and Legwand are the prime candidates to be moved, possibly with mid-level prospect, for a top 4 quality blueliner. I included Legwand as a possible trade-bait because I think Upshall could fill that 3rd line center position if some team would rather have Legwand as part of a trade package.

AL-Canadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2006, 03:04 PM
tulsytrid1

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids View Post
bump.

Kariya Arnott Dumont
Erat Legwand Sullivan
Hartnell Vasicek Upshall
Hordichuk Smithson Tootoo

Fiddler, Nichol, Leahy

It's hard to find a team with depth like that. I'm amped, for sure. I'm a little bummed that, barring anymore moves, it looks like Radulov is in the minors this year, but I'm sure he'll get some callup time.
I agree with these lines, and I too think that Radulov will probably start out in the minors. Not a bad thing. He could have such a great camp though that we can't send him down. Where would you plug him in at if that were the case?

tulsytrid1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2006, 03:38 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulsytrid1 View Post
I agree with these lines, and I too think that Radulov will probably start out in the minors. Not a bad thing. He could have such a great camp though that we can't send him down. Where would you plug him in at if that were the case?
In Upshall's place on the third line, probably. Upshall would get fourth line icetime(which I'd hate to see, but what do you do?), while Hartnell and Radulov could connect on the supposed chemistry we saw last year in camp.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote