HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT: Flyers VS Devils

Closed Thread

Old
10-31-2003, 06:10 AM
sgagne12

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to sgagne12
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevs430
Don't forget the cheerleading (as a "sport"), kick-boxing, dancing and log-rolling.
}:-(>
What? No lacrosse? Now that would be cool!
Oh...and the ProBass tourney too...
ESPN does cover lacrosse, during the spring, ESPN2 had the college lacrosse semifinals and championship games. They also covered a lot of games from the professional lacrosse league during the summer. Almost every weekday during the summer between 3-5 there was a game on ESPN2. So they do cover lacrosse, its just during the day when most people are at work.

Old
10-31-2003, 06:33 AM
Beiers

So do you guys think hackett will get the start for the next game Vs. Toronto?

Old
10-31-2003, 06:34 AM
John Flyers Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beiers
So do you guys think hackett will get the start for the next game Vs. Toronto?

Nope.

Old
10-31-2003, 06:45 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgagne12
ESPN does cover lacrosse, during the spring, ESPN2 had the college lacrosse semifinals and championship games. They also covered a lot of games from the professional lacrosse league during the summer. Almost every weekday during the summer between 3-5 there was a game on ESPN2. So they do cover lacrosse, its just during the day when most people are at work.
That's not the right though. The bigger league without a doubt is the NLL which covers December-April. It is a much better, quality league which is on CNNSI.

Old
10-31-2003, 06:55 AM
Rex8

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by G_Love
I did this for this season, after getting insanely frustrated with ESPN's hockey coverage last year (namely, the 4 or 5 Flyers' games they said they would show, then didn't), and it rocks. Well, I did miss the one game I had my brother over to watch (the Pens game the first weekend) due to technical difficulties, but otherwise, you get 'em all. The only downside is sometimes you have to deal with crappy announcers. Yes, even worse then Gary Thorne and Bill Clement (who still can't get some of the calls right even after looking at the replay). I'm still trying to sort out how the pick which feed to use. I thought for a while it was the visiting team's feed, but last night they had the Devils' feed. Very confusing, I must say.

As for the game, the refs were indeed horrible. That phantom interference call alone would have me ticked off, the crap called on Pitkanen was enough to push it over the top. What game were they watching out there???

Anyway, nice goal by Gagne...that move was sweet, and Brodeur had no chance on that one. Other than that, the Flyers could not match the Devils. And the PP needs to execute better. It looked awful most of the time last night. I know NJ is one of the better penalty killin teams in the league, but still...the Flyers must improve on their special teams. Oh, and their aim...move a couple of shots an inch or two in, and the Flyers win this game 4-2. That was ridiculous. Ah well...bring on the next game! Should be another good one.

I have had the center ice package for a couple of years and the problem is that Comcast does not give up the rights to use their feed in general. Thus, they get the feed from whatever team we play. Occasionally we will get the comcast but not often - you will get most of the games, if there are any this year, from the philly 57 feed.

Old
10-31-2003, 11:31 AM
kingjdv

Send a message via AIM to kingjdv
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex8
I have had the center ice package for a couple of years and the problem is that Comcast does not give up the rights to use their feed in general. Thus, they get the feed from whatever team we play. Occasionally we will get the comcast but not often - you will get most of the games, if there are any this year, from the philly 57 feed.
Surprizingly, they did not block out the Devils feed on the Directv Center Ice game last night.

Old
10-31-2003, 11:45 AM
Devil Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers26
To beat the Debs, you need to play with the lead. If they get the lead on you, they clamp down, and Marty rarely lets the other team back in the game.
Oh well, there goes your theory about playing with the lead...

Old
10-31-2003, 12:07 PM
Flyers26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil Boy
Oh well, there goes your theory about playing with the lead...
When you got the lead from us, you clamped down, and we got no chances? Was I wrong in my theory? NO
The Flyers came out flat in the 2nd, and you got right back in the game.

Go troll back to the swamps.

Old
10-31-2003, 12:08 PM
Stonehands77

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingjdv
Surprizingly, they did not block out the Devils feed on the Directv Center Ice game last night.
yeah, i noticed that myself...and the phoenix game was the flyers feed (you could tell by the "Tastykake" logo in the upper righ corner). Stupid Comcast...what, do you think it's hurting your ratings or something? Hell, they still show the commercials most of the time...

Old
10-31-2003, 01:14 PM
blah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex8
Prolly on nights comcast is showing the sixers?

Old
10-31-2003, 10:15 PM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

vCash: 50
I read the postgame notes from the game last night. and i gotta get this off my chest
If i hear one more Flyer goalie say " it was a bad goal, it is a save i have to make" or something allong those lines i swear to god im gonna scream.
how many ****ing times have we heard one of our goalies say that? Its really beginning to piss me off that we allways seem to have goaltenders who give up bad goals at bad times. can we please for once have a realiable goaltender? is it to much to ask? i know its only 9 games into the season but that story and that quote just set me off this morining.
--end of rant--

Closed Thread