HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lieweke to begin housecleaning

Old
04-12-2006, 03:42 AM
viking

vCash: 500
Lieweke to begin housecleaning

Tim Leiweke, the Kings' chief executive, plans to meet with former San Jose Shark general manager Dean Lombardi this week, the first step in reworking the organization, two league sources said.

King General Manager Dave Taylor will remain until the end of what has been a disappointing season, but Leiweke intends a "big housecleaning," one of the sources said.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/hockey...orts-nhl-kings

ask and you shall receive

viking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2006, 09:03 AM
Osprey

That's pretty much confirmation that Taylor will be getting the axe in a few weeks. It's good to hear that Lieweke is interested in Lombardi and isn't even waiting until the season is over. He might have to fight over candidates with the Bruins and Islanders, so acting quickly helps. It's also good to hear the term "housecleaning" and that Gilmore's name was not mentioned as a candidate.

Osprey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2006, 11:27 AM
kingsfan25

I didn't like Foster's last article about Taylor.

But I'm glad that he talked about the injuries not being the main factor in the Kings' poor play the last month...too many people just assume that it is.

kingsfan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2006, 11:40 AM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Leiweke should start with himself.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2006, 12:10 PM
Beauty, eh?
Not sure if serious.

TL's not going anywhere.

And I hope Lombardi signs on!

Beauty, eh? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2006, 12:32 PM
swinginutter*

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan25
I didn't like Foster's last article about Taylor.

But I'm glad that he talked about the injuries not being the main factor in the Kings' poor play the last month...too many people just assume that it is.
I agree with the injury bug excuse. But the reality is that with Demitra in the line-up we were twelve/thirteen games over .500. Without him two/three games below. Unfortunately, we lost Demitra in the second (most important) half of the season. This team has been hexed with injuries, but every year we've heavily relied on ONE player to turn our fortunes. Unfortunatley 29 other teams are keying in on that player and looking to take his head off on a nightly basis.
Our coaching has also been piss poor in my book, and if we bring in a Sutter or somebody that's well respected by players I think the club will turn the corner. Our first line talent was never treated like first line talent, and the respect factor wasn't there for the players. The club needs a new overhaul, because the system hasn't worked in Manchester and it certainly doesn't work here.

swinginutter* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2006, 12:44 PM
Venom_17

Please Lombardi. He is good, real good.

Venom_17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2006, 01:13 PM
halco

Quote:
Originally Posted by swinginutter
I agree with the injury bug excuse. But the reality is that with Demitra in the line-up we were twelve/thirteen games over .500. Without him two/three games below. Unfortunately, we lost Demitra in the second (most important) half of the season. This team has been hexed with injuries, but every year we've heavily relied on ONE player to turn our fortunes. Unfortunatley 29 other teams are keying in on that player and looking to take his head off on a nightly basis.
Our coaching has also been piss poor in my book, and if we bring in a Sutter or somebody that's well respected by players I think the club will turn the corner. Our first line talent was never treated like first line talent, and the respect factor wasn't there for the players. The club needs a new overhaul, because the system hasn't worked in Manchester and it certainly doesn't work here.
Well said...

halco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2006, 01:28 PM
kingsfan25

Quote:
Originally Posted by swinginutter
I just really don't see Sutter leaving Red Deer. He's been offered jobs before and turned them down...he likes where he is and what he's doing...why would be leave now?

Old
04-12-2006, 01:34 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
And from everything I've heard, Lombardi would like to stay on teh east coast. i.e the Bruins or Isles job, if we get him we're going to have to overpay I think.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2006, 01:44 PM
kingsfan25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45
And from everything I've heard, Lombardi would like to stay on teh east coast. i.e the Bruins or Isles job, if we get him we're going to have to overpay I think.
I think that the Isles picking up Tambs might've doubled as a precursor for Steve Tambellini taking the Isles GM position...but I might be way off...that could mean two top candidates off the market if Lombardi takes the Bruins post.

Old
04-12-2006, 01:45 PM
TubbyTerrion*

Send a message via AIM to TubbyTerrion*
As I stated (and got warning points for), TL has had DL's number on speed dial since a couple of days before the Olympic break. He also added Neil Smith to his cell. He absolutely did find out that Lombardi's preference is to stay east, as he has a firm committment from the Flyers to maintain his position if none of the GM jobs he's going to be a candidate for (Bruins, Isles... Kings?) come through. My guess is that DL's #1 choice would be his home town of Boston.

There are a couple of other people TL will be speaking with, or has already made initial contact with. Much more to be revealed shortly.

TubbyTerrion* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2006, 02:12 PM
wabwat

Send a message via AIM to wabwat
Quote:
Originally Posted by TubbyTerrion
As I stated (and got warning points for), TL has had DL's number on speed dial since a couple of days before the Olympic break. He also added Neil Smith to his cell. He absolutely did find out that Lombardi's preference is to stay east, as he has a firm committment from the Flyers to maintain his position if none of the GM jobs he's going to be a candidate for (Bruins, Isles... Kings?) come through. My guess is that DL's #1 choice would be his home town of Boston.

There are a couple of other people TL will be speaking with, or has already made initial contact with. Much more to be revealed shortly.
Luc? i swear Lloyd, you better not be foolin'!

wabwat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2006, 02:20 PM
blitzkriegs

Quote:
I just really don't see Sutter leaving Red Deer.
He's not. Plain and simple.

blitzkriegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2006, 02:20 PM
swinginutter*

Quote:
I just really don't see Sutter leaving Red Deer. He's been offered jobs before and turned them down...he likes where he is and what he's doing...why would be leave now?
It doesn't have to be Brent. I'm fine with Brian.

Certain players need a shaking a-la Arnason!

Old
04-12-2006, 02:22 PM
blitzkriegs

Quote:
I think that the Isles picking up Tambs might've doubled as a precursor for Steve Tambellini taking the Isles GM position...but I might be way off...
Yep. No relevance to the trade beyond the names.

blitzkriegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2006, 02:24 PM
TubbyTerrion*

Send a message via AIM to TubbyTerrion*
It's also been stated many times that the younger Tambellini has no real desire to be playing under daddy's purse strings. If it happens, it happens, but it's not something that either is vying for.

TubbyTerrion* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2006, 02:40 PM
swinginutter*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TubbyTerrion
It's also been stated many times that the younger Tambellini has no real desire to be playing under daddy's purse strings. If it happens, it happens, but it's not something that either is vying for.
Agreed. I think Lacroix ran into trouble when he aquired Eric from us. We now also have the younger Murray with his dad gone now. To me the dad ties have no relevance. Tambs sr. was an ex-Isle, and to me that has everything to do with it.

Old
04-12-2006, 04:33 PM
CBGB

Quote:
He's has???

I'll need a link to that.

Here's what I've found:

Quote:
One thing Sutter made very clear was that for him to leave his current situation in Red Deer, it would take an offer that would knock his socks off. And even if that offer came in, that does not necessarily mean he'd sell the Rebels.

Sutter did admit that you can never say never; but reiterated that it would really have to be something special to get him to leave this situation.
Doesn't sound like he's had "offers he's turned down before"

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Columnists...29/740205.html

And THIS one from March 22nd doesn't say anything about him "turning down offers before"

http://www.nypost.com/sports/islanders/63419.htm

CBGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2006, 04:36 PM
kingsfan25

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBGB
He's has???

I'll need a link to that.

Here's what I've found:

Doesn't sound like he's had "offers he's turned down before"

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Columnists...29/740205.html

And THIS one from March 22nd doesn't say anything about him "turning down offers before"

http://www.nypost.com/sports/islanders/63419.htm
I've heard that others have tried to coax him and he hasn't budged...I think it was on TSN...

At any rate, I know he's happy coaching his son in Red Deer, and in general, that he prefers coaching at the developmental level...so what about those articles convinces you that he's a viable Kings option?

Old
04-12-2006, 04:55 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45
Leiweke should start with himself.

Duly noted, but a great GM can make guys like Lieweke look good.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2006, 04:59 PM
Riposte!

Seems like Boston is closest to landing Lombardi.

Riposte! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2006, 05:08 PM
Pepper

I heard Pierre Gauthier is available...

Pepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2006, 07:28 PM
kingbrath

Quote:

Nope...Im pretty sure Sutter is staying put here, he has said it on numerous occasions in the local media.

kingbrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2006, 08:44 PM
viking

I am really pulling for Lombardi, being back in the west especially in the pacific division might lure him to the Kings. He may want to stick it to the Sharks...

viking is offline   Reply With Quote