HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Inline Hockey Stick/Blade Question

Old
04-13-2006, 12:16 AM
surge

vCash: 500
Inline Hockey Stick/Blade Question

I've been playing Ice Hockey most of my life and I plan on playing Inline Hockey this summer on a coated surface (smooth w/ 'Roll On' blue paint) and I have a couple of equipment questions.

Firstly, I use one-piece sticks when I play ice (Easton Synergy/CCM Vector and a Vapor XXX) and I was wondering whether it's a good idea to keep the stick blade taped or to use a 'tacky-mack' sticker for the front of the blade?

Also, is it really necessary to wear hip/chest protection (girdle)?

Cheers.

surge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2006, 01:05 AM
hardcorejacket29

Send a message via AIM to hardcorejacket29
I'm not sure about using the tape on your stickblade, you might be better with the alternative... It seems like the tape kind of drags on some surfaces... but I don't think shoulder pads are necessary at all... possibly a girdle, but only one of the lighter ones made for roller hockey... which I think are only really made by mission.

hardcorejacket29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2006, 01:15 AM
RangersMoogle

Send a message via AIM to RangersMoogle Send a message via MSN to RangersMoogle
I wouldn't bother with shoulder pads, but I'd use a girdle. I use an ice girdle when I play inline, I look like a dork, but it saves me money.

RangersMoogle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2006, 01:38 AM
Vote for Rory

I use tape on my inline stick, but its worn down on the bottom so that it slides on the floor. I dont have to retape it often, but when I do it usually only takes maybe half a game to get the bottom worn down again.

I also wouldn't wear shoulder pads. In my inline league I use my Roller Hockey Pants (basically these http://www.iceprossports.com/stores/...talog/P287.jpg). There isn't any padding in the *** or hips, but there light and give you a sleek'ish look.

Vote for Rory is offline   Reply With Quote