HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Coaching Tools - Agility Ladder

Old
04-11-2006, 09:14 PM
Heaton29

vCash: 500
Coaching Tools - Agility Ladder

I am running a skills camp for high school age kids this summer and I want to build about six agility ladders (about 8-10 feet long each). In a group like this forum, I am assuming that some other coaches have probably done this before. Since I am not looking to reinvent the wheel, I was wondering if someone would be able to give me some tips on what has worked for them. What are the best materials to use? Would anyone have a design that you would recommend? Any suggestions would be a huge help.

Thanks guys.

Kevin

Heaton29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2006, 10:23 PM
Freddie Mercury
4-93-14

vCash: 1258
Use a spongy, thick material. Don't use anything hard because people can wreck their ankles if they land the wrong way. I sprained my ankle using a wooden one once.

Freddie Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2006, 06:19 AM
RedK

There used to be instructions on one of the goalie BBs for building them out of rope and thin pvc pipe, but I couldn't find it. However I remember that several people built them using those materials and all said it worked great and wasn't very expensive.

RedK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2006, 04:51 PM
Heaton29

Thank you for your help. I was thinking the best way to make them would probably be with rope for the sides and PVC pipe for the rungs of the ladder. I am gonna give it a shot and I will let you guys know how it works out in case any body else is thinking of making some.

Heaton29 is offline   Reply With Quote