HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

A CRAZY trade idea with of course Comire

Closed Thread

Old
10-30-2003, 08:02 AM
M00se

vCash: 500
A CRAZY trade idea with of course Comire

Now back to our favorite pass time on this board, Comrie speculating.

I know this is crazy and if I suggested this 2 months ago I would have been flamed off these boards, that still may be my destination. However with recent events this may turn out to be more of a possibility. For the record I still doubt this would ever happen. But how would

Heatly for Comrie

sound?

I realize there isn't much chance that this would happen but I've heard reporters say that he will probably have to be moving on to another team to continue his career, that it would be too hard for him playing in Atlanta (ala McTavish). However, even with this reason I doubt that we could get him with only Comrie. But with the injuries that he has sustained and the fact that he'll be gone this year and there is such an air of uncertainty around him we may be able to get him for Comrie.

What do we all think? Is there any chance? Would we want to take that chance?

I would do it simply because the potential for greatness still far outweighs the negative. But what do I know.

(Cool 200 posts! )

Old
10-30-2003, 08:19 AM
dawgbone

Send a message via ICQ to dawgbone Send a message via MSN to dawgbone
Quote:
Originally Posted by M00se
Now back to our favorite pass time on this board, Comrie speculating.

I know this is crazy and if I suggested this 2 months ago I would have been flamed off these boards, that still may be my destination. However with recent events this may turn out to be more of a possibility. For the record I still doubt this would ever happen. But how would

Heatly for Comrie

sound?

I realize there isn't much chance that this would happen but I've heard reporters say that he will probably have to be moving on to another team to continue his career, that it would be too hard for him playing in Atlanta (ala McTavish). However, even with this reason I doubt that we could get him with only Comrie. But with the injuries that he has sustained and the fact that he'll be gone this year and there is such an air of uncertainty around him we may be able to get him for Comrie.

What do we all think? Is there any chance? Would we want to take that chance?

I would do it simply because the potential for greatness still far outweighs the negative. But what do I know.

(Cool 200 posts! )
There is no way this happens.

The Thrashers are going to do everything possible to help Heatley get through all the emotional and physical problems he has. It is going to take a lot for them to risk the chance that Heatley puts everything like this behind him, and they are patient enough to wait 3-4 years for him to get back to his form of last season... I mean they have been that patient with Stefan, they will certainly do it with Heatley.

Also, in 3-4 years, Heatley still won't be anywhere near his prime yet either... the Thrashers have nothing to lose in waiting around for him.

Old
10-30-2003, 08:40 AM
OYLer

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
M00se[/b]](Cool 200 posts! )
Hopefully this not your Coolest post!

Old
10-30-2003, 09:28 AM
Walsher

Heatley is the future dominant player of the NHL - Comrie is not. Dany Heatley was the MVP of the ALL-Star game last year - Comrie wasn't even the MVP ofd the YOungStars game the year before. Heatley dominates games - Comrie is more like Heatley's centerman, Marc Savard. Will never happen, especially after what happened this fall.

Old
10-30-2003, 10:36 AM
jofa

You're dreaming! I like the dream, but Heatley isn't coming to Edmonton. The Thrashers will nurse him through this situation, the ties between organization and player will be stronger, and Heatley will come back to play in Atlanta. You just don't give up on a talent like Dany.

And, you can't get a talent like Dany for a whiny, yet spirited, goal scoring hobbit.

Old
10-30-2003, 11:03 AM
Oiltalk

Better chance of Heatley and Gaborik switching places.

Closed Thread