HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kasparitis, Malik, Poti

Closed Thread

Old
04-12-2006, 02:05 PM
Rattray

vCash: 500
Kasparitis, Malik, Poti

We are struggling without these guys...

Whats the deal. Will they be back for the game vs Pittsburgh? I'd hate to see the division title slip away, after such a great year.

Old
04-12-2006, 02:29 PM
Fletch

I'd hate to lose the division title...

because I have tickets to the first game and if they win the title, it'll be Friday against the Devils (or even Philly) quite possibly.

Old
04-12-2006, 02:49 PM
Doyle

I would rather play Philly than the Devs to be honest... I think we can hang onto the division with these guys getting a much needed rest. We are talking about Pittsburgh here.

Old
04-12-2006, 02:53 PM
Vodka Drunkenski

Send a message via AIM to Vodka Drunkenski Send a message via Yahoo to Vodka Drunkenski
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRaws
I would rather play Philly than the Devs to be honest... I think we can hang onto the division with these guys getting a much needed rest. We are talking about Pittsburgh here.
The way the team has played of late, I'm not to sure we can hold onto the division lead. We need Kasparitus back in this lineup BADLY!

Old
04-12-2006, 03:00 PM
Fletch

If they beat Philly or PITT...

they have a good chance (or Ottawa for that matter). Philly and the Devils face each other two more times. That could help the Rangers' cause.

Old
04-12-2006, 03:05 PM
Doyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangersFan
The way the team has played of late, I'm not to sure we can hold onto the division lead. We need Kasparitus back in this lineup BADLY!

Eh if we had Lundqvist in net, it wouldn't be an issue. He carries the D more than any single D on the team. If they just continue to play the system with him in net we will be fine. The question is just when will he play next?

I am in no way knocking Weekes, but you can tell the difference.

Old
04-12-2006, 03:08 PM
Fletch

Lundqvist was playing similar...

to Weekes of late - the offense hasn't been pressuring like previously and the defense has suffered as a result. Lundqvist would've suffered a bit too.

Old
04-12-2006, 03:14 PM
John Flyers Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch
If they beat Philly or PITT...
they have a good chance (or Ottawa for that matter). Philly and the Devils face each other two more times. That could help the Rangers' cause.
I think the whole thing will be decided by the game on Saturday.

I think the most likely scenario has the Flyers taking four of 6 points from (Devils, Devils, Isles) and the Rangers taking two or three points from the Pens & Sens.

If the Flyers beat the Rangers in regulation, they'll likely win the division. Flyers win in OT/shootout, the Rangers hold a slight edge. Rangers win the game and it would be almost a lock they win the division.

Old
04-12-2006, 03:59 PM
shoothepuck

Renney needs to do what is right for the team, and make sure that injured players get into the lineup when they are healthy, and start getting the team ready for the playoffs. What we have watched the last few games, is what was expected of this team,before the season started, and thankfully till now, they proved almost everyone wrong. The question that needs to be asked here is what players should come back next season, in light of the fact that while some young playershave played well, veterans are still needed to keep the team moving forward. Players like Rucchin, Rucinsky, Rosival, Poti, ect., can be replaced by rookies, but at what cost to the team? While the last few games have been played by a team that already made the playoffs, and maybe it's not indicative of how they will play during the normal season, what players does this team need to keep around next season until the young crop of players can toe the line?

Old
04-12-2006, 04:04 PM
NYR94

Send a message via AIM to NYR94
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattray
We are struggling without these guys...

Whats the deal. Will they be back for the game vs Pittsburgh? I'd hate to see the division title slip away, after such a great year.
I think Sam & JD said Kaspar skated well recently and could be back for Thursday. Malik hurt his shoulder (the one that made him miss those games in March from the Cam Janssen hit) reaching for a puck in practice. Don't know hen he's due back. Poti I don't know either.

But yeah, I'm really looking forward to the Rangers getting their full complement of players back. Although Rucinsky still has some time to go. And when he comes back, who does he play with? And of course King Henke comes back soon. I bet Lundqvist, Kasparaitis and Malik probably would account for .7-1.0 fewer goals against per game compared to the trio of Weekes, Pock and Strudwick. And that's a big difference with all these 1 goal losses the Rangers have when they only play hard for the third period.

Old
04-12-2006, 06:28 PM
TheZherdev

I think the best part is that none of these injuries are condsidered serious. In fact it will be nice to have these guys all rested up for the playoffs (especially henke). It also nice to see that our team can still preform at a high level through these injuries.

Old
04-12-2006, 06:37 PM
polako

if the team ends up winning the division title, i'll be very happy that young players like immonen, pock, and liffiton gained some experience in pressure situations like a divisional race. if the team loses out on the division, i'll lament the fact that one half of our defense corps got hurt before the playoffs started

Closed Thread