HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Langdon-Bégin-Ward

Closed Thread

Old
10-29-2003, 01:07 PM
komisakick ass

vCash: 500
Langdon-Bégin-Ward

I think it make a good 4th line because they bring some hits and toughness that the HABS need. Where Kilger is gonna play?
Against the Bruins I think they did well specially Langdon with this fight. A big step over Dwyer.

Do you like this line?

Old
10-29-2003, 01:11 PM
Bugsy

It's good for now!

When Kilger is ready to play, he should be the 4th line center with Ward on RW and Begin & Langdon doing a platoon job for the LW spot, depending on the opponent and amount of toughness required.

If the Habs are playing a team with a lot of big players and heavyweights, Langdon and Begin may find themselves both in the line-up.

Old
10-29-2003, 01:16 PM
KOMO_ROCKS

Send a message via ICQ to KOMO_ROCKS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugsy
It's good for now!

When Kilger is ready to play, he should be the 4th line center with Ward on RW and Begin & Langdon doing a platoon job for the LW spot, depending on the opponent and amount of toughness required.

If the Habs are playing a team with a lot of big players and heavyweights, Langdon and Begin may find themselves both in the line-up.
this is how I see our fourth line for this season, especially after Kilger comes back:

Kilger Begin Ward

like you said when the habs play tougher teams, Langdon can be inserted in the lineup....and perhap Kilger or Ward can be moved up

Old
10-29-2003, 01:18 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOMO_ROCKS
this is how I see our fourth line for this season, especially after Kilger comes back:

Kilger Begin Ward

like you said when the habs play tougher teams, Langdon can be inserted in the lineup....and perhap Kilger or Ward can be moved up

That's the 4th line I see. Langdon won't play every night, but he will be there against the more physical teams.

Old
10-29-2003, 01:27 PM
komisakick ass

I don't know why you people don't want a tough on the team every night, there is a lot of team who play their goon like Edmonton(Laraques). Against the Bruins, a lot of player have been in contact with Garon without a penality, and Langdon was in the lineup. Next game if he is not in the lineup it will be worst. I think that Langdon have to be in the lineup because we have too many soft player.

Old
10-29-2003, 02:21 PM
Mike8

Quote:
Originally Posted by komisakick ass
I don't know why you people don't want a tough on the team every night, there is a lot of team who play their goon like Edmonton(Laraques). Against the Bruins, a lot of player have been in contact with Garon without a penality, and Langdon was in the lineup. Next game if he is not in the lineup it will be worst. I think that Langdon have to be in the lineup because we have too many soft player.
Laraques can play. Langdon can't.

Old
10-29-2003, 02:33 PM
habsfan19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8
exactly

like some of you said, Langdon will be there against the big teams, Bruins, Philly,etc...

Old
10-29-2003, 09:42 PM
komisakick ass

so we have to find a tough that can play but it's rare. Some are available?

Old
10-30-2003, 04:36 AM
Bob Bastards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8
Hum! From what I saw the other day Langdon is not a bad player. He will never play 10 min in a game and put 10pts a year, but there nothing wrong having him in the lineup every night. Make him play 5min a game and the other 5-6min the fourth play, make another forward take is place (do a rotation with Ryder - Hossa - Zednik). I don't see the problem. I don't think Langdon will mind and we will always have a tought guys under our hand, plus a couple of your forward end up with a couple of minute in supplement.

Old
10-30-2003, 04:46 AM
Darz

Quote:
Originally Posted by komisakick ass
so we have to find a tough that can play but it's rare. Some are available?
They usually come at a high cost, though.

Laraque would be perfect outside of the fact he has stated he wouldn't want to play in Montreal AND it would cost us more than we would be willing to trade to acquire him.

Old
10-30-2003, 06:33 AM
Highlander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darz
They usually come at a high cost, though.

Laraque would be perfect outside of the fact he has stated he wouldn't want to play in Montreal AND it would cost us more than we would be willing to trade to acquire him.
True again Darz. If only we hadn't got rid of Brashear or Tucker (not that I don't hate Tucker).........

Old
10-30-2003, 06:41 AM
Gros Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highlander
True again Darz. If only we hadn't got rid of Brashear or Tucker (not that I don't hate Tucker).........
That's true, we had a good one in Brashear, but we let him go. Why was it again? Oh yeah, it was because he couldn't get along with the coach :mad: .

Old
10-30-2003, 07:08 AM
Darz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gros Bill
That's true, we had a good one in Brashear, but we let him go. Why was it again? Oh yeah, it was because he couldn't get along with the coach :mad: .
Thnaks again Mr. Tremblay and Mr. Houle (Donald Brashear for Jason Cullimore).

Old
10-30-2003, 07:17 AM
Bob Bastards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gros Bill
I heard Brashear say in an interview that the fight he have with Tremblay mad him realise what he have to do to become a good hockey player. So even if we would have keep him, perhaps he would have never develop in the player he is now.
I want to know if the kid Bonneau we draft this summer could become a good enforcer. Anyone know him?

Old
10-30-2003, 07:20 AM
NWT Habs Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highlander
A Tucker-like player is the last thing we need. A whiny undersized pest who has the uncanny habit of ending up in the penalty box at the most inopportune time, often costing his team in the final results. IMO, he is best situated in the blue and white!!

Getting rid of Brashear has really proven to be a bad move in the long run...oh well, glad those days are over and that "brain trust" has moved on.

Old
10-30-2003, 07:40 AM
komisakick ass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob *******s
Hum! From what I saw the other day Langdon is not a bad player. He will never play 10 min in a game and put 10pts a year, but there nothing wrong having him in the lineup every night. Make him play 5min a game and the other 5-6min the fourth play, make another forward take is place (do a rotation with Ryder - Hossa - Zednik). I don't see the problem. I don't think Langdon will mind and we will always have a tought guys under our hand, plus a couple of your forward end up with a couple of minute in supplement.
That is a good solution for now

Old
10-30-2003, 09:15 AM
Anksun

Send a message via ICQ to Anksun
I'm fine with this 4th line AS LONG as I dont see them AGAIN 4-5 Times on the ICE in the third period WHEN we trailed by 2 GOALS...

The almost same time can be said about Juneau line, in the last game against Boston, we have see them really too much in the last period.

ARE we going to try to keep the score low all the year instead of opening the play and try to scores somes? I'm only talking when we trailed by more tha 1 goal 10-15 minutes into the last period... Maybe they want to be able to say: we did better than last game...

I mean, we know we are going to win the most part of the games when we scores the first goal and/or take an advance entering into the third period. I wouldnt mind seeing few victories by the end of the year when we trailed. This is what will makes the difference between a playoof spot or not (maybe not but still worth a try...)

Old
10-30-2003, 09:28 AM
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube

Hey guys

do you remember that 4th line couples years ago

Thornton-tucker-Stevenson

that was the best 4th line hockey at that time

Old
10-30-2003, 09:31 AM
Darz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob *******s
I want to know if the kid Bonneau we draft this summer could become a good enforcer. Anyone know him?
He could potentially become a good enforcer, but I hear his actually hockey ability is quite limimted, so I assume at best he would be a 4th line 4-5 min. a game type.

Closed Thread