HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kings part ways with Avery (L.A. Times)

Old
04-13-2006, 02:28 AM
Osprey

vCash: 500
Kings part ways with Avery (L.A. Times)

It looks like Avery won't be playing another game in an L.A. Kings uniform:
Quote:
PHOENIX Sean Avery's brief and volatile career with the Kings came to an end after an argument with assistant coach Mark Hardy during practice Wednesday, a source with the team said.
http://www.latimes.com/sports/hockey...orts-nhl-kings

...and the Daily News makes mention of it, as well:

http://www.dailynews.com/sports/ci_3704705

Last edited by Osprey: 04-13-2006 at 03:53 AM.
Osprey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2006, 02:33 AM
Mindcircus

And then the season got worse. Sorry to see the last of Avery in a Kings sweater. I'm a big fan, but looks like he broke his final straw. His WWAD shirts probably went up in value ten fold after this.

Mindcircus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2006, 02:33 AM
Johnny Utah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey
It looks like Avery won't be playing another game in an L.A. Kings uniform:http://www.latimes.com/sports/hockey...orts-nhl-kings
This sucks. I'm bitter. But it seemed like Avery did it to himself. I know Hardy played moderator between Murray and Avery, now he refuses drill commands from same the assistant coach. Ouch. I like Avery but I have to throw my hands up at this one. I hope he does not go down the Billy Tibbets road. Disapointed to say the least...

Kings are gonna have a hard time replacing a guy like this who can score, hit, skate well and fight and get under the opposing teams skin...We really have no one to fit that mold once Avery leaves...

Johnny Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2006, 02:37 AM
Osprey

I guess that Taylor should've traded Avery away at the deadline, so that something could've been gotten for him. Oh well, but that's hindsight.

He's a punk and I'm glad in a way that he's leaving, but it's too bad that nothing was gotten for him.

I'm still trying to figure out how Avery becomes a UFA this Summer. Could it be a buyout?

Old
04-13-2006, 02:39 AM
two out of three*

Send a message via ICQ to two out of three* Send a message via AIM to two out of three*
Great. Leave it to the Kings to get rid of the only bright spot of their whole ****** atrocious season. Way to Go Kings! Hardy is probably a Murray clone, and he should've been fired with JVB, and AM.

Wow.. What dumba$$es.

Get rid of the fan favorite.. Get rid of the only guy who hasn't quit on the season yet. Get rid of the only guy thats gonna defend his teammates. Words can describe how pissed off I am.

I can't wait for the first guy to come in here, and say this is a good move for the Kings. My advice.. Just dont do it.

two out of three* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2006, 02:43 AM
Mindcircus

God, this team is in shambles...

Mindcircus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2006, 02:45 AM
two out of three*

Send a message via ICQ to two out of three* Send a message via AIM to two out of three*
At the next Kings game I want chants for Luc.. But most of all I want

"F U Taylor" Chants to echo throughout Staples.

Old
04-13-2006, 02:49 AM
Sam
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
I guess that Taylor should've traded Avery away at the deadline, so that something could've been gotten for him. Oh well, but that's hindsight.

He's a punk and I'm glad in a way that he's leaving, but it's too bad that nothing was gotten for him.

I'm still trying to figure out how Avery becomes a UFA this Summer. Could it be a buyout?
I'm guessing the Kings just aren't planning on qualifying him in the offseason and that it was just poor word choice by Foster (the Times writer). This is the last year of his deal, and he doesn't meet the UFA criteria unless he isn't qualified.

Sam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2006, 02:50 AM
Johnny Utah

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaceoffsRLikeWins4Us
Great. Leave it to the Kings to get rid of the only bright spot of their whole ****** atrocious season. Way to Go Kings! Hardy is probably a Murray clone, and he should've been fired with JVB, and AM.

Wow.. What dumba$$es.

Get rid of the fan favorite.. Get rid of the only guy who hasn't quit on the season yet. Get rid of the only guy thats gonna defend his teammates. Words can describe how pissed off I am.

I can't wait for the first guy to come in here, and say this is a good move for the Kings. My advice.. Just dont do it.
I too am furious. There is no one in the minors or a FA agent this summer that can replace guys like Lappy and Avery. If I have to watch Guilliano skate around and TK take a beating I will hang myself. Kings officially have no character anymore...

Johnny Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2006, 02:53 AM
Osprey

Quote:
"F U Taylor" Chants to echo throughout Staples.
Don't you think that Avery brought this on himself? He's the one being a real jerk here, not anyone else. Besides, this strikes me more as a decision made by Leiweke, not lame duck Taylor.

Old
04-13-2006, 02:53 AM
two out of three*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah
I too am furious. There is no one in the minors or a FA agent this summer that can replace guys like Lappy and Avery. If I have to watch Guilliano skate around and TK take a beating I will hang myself. Kings officially have no character anymore...
Jesus.. Now we will see NO energy. Seriously.. We wont see any.

But whatever, we can just call up Giliuano to get in hard on the forecheck only to fail in getting the puck time after time.

If we weren't tanking games before........

Old
04-13-2006, 02:54 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Is this the Los Angeles Kings or some horrible soap opera? Somehow I think this is all Avery's doing. Murray is gone, a new coach is in charge, and the problems still persist. Me thinks the locker room was divided because it is obvious that on the ice, the Kings aren't playing for each other.

What a dreadful mess. Bring on the off-season and roster overhaul. As Eric Belanger said it, "I'm tired of it."

Ziggy Stardust is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2006, 02:55 AM
Osprey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam
I'm guessing the Kings just aren't planning on qualifying him in the offseason and that it was just poor word choice by Foster (the Times writer). This is the last year of his deal, and he doesn't meet the UFA criteria unless he isn't qualified.
Ah, good point. I forgot that not qualifying an RFA makes them a UFA. That's undoubtedly it.

Old
04-13-2006, 02:55 AM
two out of three*

Quote:
Don't you think that Avery brought this on himself? He's the one being a real jerk here, not anyone else. Besides, this strikes me more as a decision made by Leiweke, not lame duck Taylor.
What did he do? Made comments about French Canadians only to go out, and defend Eric Belanger against... get this.. Ed Jovanovski.

Helped get rid of the guy that we all wanted to see gone.

He was the only guy.. The only guy, Osprey, that showed any signs of heart at all in the second half of the season. And now we release him..

Old
04-13-2006, 03:01 AM
Osprey

Quote:
He was the only guy.. The only guy, Osprey, that showed any signs of heart at all in the second half of the season. And now we release him..
He may've been one of the only guys showing heart on many nights, but consider how much of a negative distraction he has been all season. This whole Kings season could be characterized as the Sean Avery Show. I think that that may've hurt the team more than anything that he did to help it.

Old
04-13-2006, 03:08 AM
two out of three*

Quote:
He may've been one of the only guys showing heart on many nights, but consider how much of a negative distraction he has been all season. This whole Kings season could be characterized as the Sean Avery Show. I think that that may've hurt the team more than anything that he did to help it.
I completely disagree with the "Sean Avery Show" comment. The first half of the year Avery's antics weren't this much of a problem. Now the team sucks, and where does the finger get pointed? At Sean Avery. I'm sick of the blame game. Yeah, I'm glad Murray is gone.. But first it was Murray, now its Taylor.. If its not Taylor its Leiweke, and if its not Leiweke.. Blame Avery for being a distraction.

If anything Avery gets the team fired up, and is hardly a negative distraction. The locker room distractions are because of Roenick. (Ok, I know I just said stop the blame game) But this guy came to L.A. and is trying to be the 'funny guy.' THAT keeps the team distracted. He dances on the ice, and acts like he doesn't know 18,000 people are watching. Yes, he does.. He just wants to be that popular player, and it distracted the team.

You want my bet? The team is probably really close. They probably love Roenick.. They probably love Aves.. They probably love each other.. Seriously.. But they aren't focused before the game because they probably "F" around to much.

Old
04-13-2006, 03:09 AM
King'sPawn
Enjoy the chaos

Quote:
What did he do? Made comments about French Canadians only to go out, and defend Eric Belanger against... get this.. Ed Jovanovski.

Helped get rid of the guy that we all wanted to see gone.

I'm sure we'll find some bigger goon/enforcer to defend his teammates while not being such a knucklehead with stupid penalties, being blackballed by the referees, being a media magnet, and possibly dividing the team.

I got tired of his act. I don't know if he's a UFA or RFA, but I just can't wait till he's officially gone. Both him AND JR.

King'sPawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2006, 03:11 AM
two out of three*

Quote:
Originally Posted by King'sPawn
I'm sure we'll find some bigger goon/enforcer to defend his teammates while not being such a knucklehead with stupid penalties, being blackballed by the referees, being a media magnet, and possibly dividing the team.
If you can name me a 'goon/enforcer' that plays the game better than Aves, let me know.

Old
04-13-2006, 03:14 AM
King'sPawn
Enjoy the chaos

Quote:
If you can name me a 'goon/enforcer' that plays the game better than Aves, let me know.
I'd much rather the guy who gets in fights be relegated to 4th line duty. Sure, you can say that Avery's skillset makes him a more valuable player on the ice, but I'd rather have more skilled people than Avery on the third line, and better fighters/grinders than Avery on the 4th line.

King'sPawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2006, 03:16 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
I really wouldn't consider Avery to be a goon or enforcer, he's a pest. But I think Chris Neil and Todd Fedoruk are having remarkable seasons for the role they play on their teams. Fedoruk skates with Getzlaf and Perry and Chris Neil is usually with Mike Fischer and even gets some time on the secondary PP unit standing in front of the net.

The Kings could use a player like Fedoruk or Neil who will keep things honest, not be a liability on the ice, and even provide some energy and maintain a consistent fore-check. Avery is effective as a fore-checker, but he is also a liability on the ice with the rep he has built around the league due to his big mouth.

Ziggy Stardust is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2006, 03:18 AM
savemefromtears
Bravo Viva la France

Quote:
Osprey we agree on something!

I luv Avery and what he brings to the Kings: heart!

....and never in a million years would blame him or anyone for sharing words with that dip commentator Hayward after he constantly talks crap on hiim on the air, but the kid refuses to do a drill or what-have you and really, when the hell do you draw a line in the sand?

with Avery we all know he won't stop being Avery, but c'mon lad refusing to do a mutha fing drill? knock some sense into Avery, someone, anyone, please?

savemefromtears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2006, 03:18 AM
CBGB

Paging Tubby Terrion, Paging Tubby Terrion, please pick up the "I told You So" courtesy phone.

That is... YOU said "I told you so".

Dave Taylor mistake #40

Keeping Avery

Letting Lappy go

CBGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2006, 03:19 AM
two out of three*

Gotta wonder how many points Aves would put up with any combo of Frolov/Demitra/Conroy.. More than Fedoruk.

Old
04-13-2006, 03:21 AM
two out of three*

Quote:
Originally Posted by savemefromtears
but c'mon lad refusing to do a mutha fing drill? knock some sense into Avery, someone, anyone, please?
Well, what exactly was the drill?

Old
04-13-2006, 03:32 AM
Osprey

Quote:
They probably love Aves.
Have you not read the article? It suggests that Avery's teammates "had had enough" with his antics. This is just the latest clue in a long list of clues that the other players do not approve of him.

Last edited by Osprey: 04-13-2006 at 03:41 AM.