HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Game Thread: NYR-CAR

Closed Thread

Old
10-30-2003, 04:18 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

vCash: 500
God was listening

Old
10-30-2003, 04:18 PM
shmekel

There ya go, Lundy!

Old
10-30-2003, 04:19 PM
Servo

Jamie! alright! 3-1.

Old
10-30-2003, 04:20 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Trade Lundmark ! :p

Old
10-30-2003, 04:41 PM
JCProdigy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13
Trade Lundmark ! :p
while his value is high!

Actually that's what you like to see from him. He's showed an awesome amount of energy in this game. Good to see.

What I want to know is why is nobody one timing it from the point on the pp on the Rangers? You can attempt shots all day from the point but if you don't get the defender up high moving he's gonna block that shot 80% of the time.

Old
10-30-2003, 04:48 PM
Theoren Fan

Send a message via AIM to Theoren Fan
Theo Fan's "Dog House"-

Dear Chris Simon,..I have been quite hard on you since you got here, and for good reason. That crap in the preseason was horrible. However, I have since noticed a trace of good work ethic during these past few games, while producing some nice scoring chances. You're hard play and hits have also not gone unnoticed...neither has the fact that you've already been ejected from acouple of games, however we here at Theo Fan's "Dog House" are going to give you the benefit of the doubt because those calls were horrible ones. You may consider packing up all your belonging as you seem to be on your way out of the Dog House. Keep up the good work.

Dear Anson Carter,..whoa whoa whoa, and just where the hell do you think you're going? One little tap-in goal is a start, but it ain't erasing the rest of the time you've taken up my time by sucking. Take a seat.

Dear Martin Rucinsky,..we could end up having a bed ready for you soon enough. Keep sucking it up and you can settle in and unpack. Punk.

Thank you all for your time, since for the most part it's already been wasted on the ice.

Old
10-30-2003, 05:03 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

scoooooooooooooooore mark messier!

Old
10-30-2003, 05:06 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Amazing revelation! Lundmark gets quality minutes - scores a goal & an assist! Who'd a thunk it!?

Old
10-30-2003, 05:08 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Amazing revelation! Lundmark gets quality minutes - scores a goal & an assist! Who'd a thunk it!?
look how good messier is making him look!

Old
10-30-2003, 05:09 PM
MisterUnspoken
Vintage

Send a message via AIM to MisterUnspoken
Quote:
This about sums up my feelings

Old
10-30-2003, 05:10 PM
RushingRocket

Send a message via AIM to RushingRocket Send a message via Yahoo to RushingRocket
props to anson, i know he hasnt been there all season, but he was a man DETERMINED tonight, always in front of the goal.
Game looks good for rangers lots of quality scoring chances, they've played well tonight.
I CAN'T WAIT FOR LEETCH AND LINDROS!

Old
10-30-2003, 05:10 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway

Excellent.

If the Rangers lose I say we never talk to him again.

"Smither's!!! Get that lad a ticket to every home game - immediatly!!!"

Old
10-30-2003, 05:20 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

A great coached game by sather. putting lundmark on the messier line after simon got thrown out of the game.

what can you say about dunham. another great game and it makes me wonder how anybody can question the trade for him

btw lundmakr deserved that first star of the game he was by far the best rangers out there and i hope he sticks with messier and barnaby.

Old
10-30-2003, 05:36 PM
ihatenewjersey

we looked good, and i'm in a good mood

Old
10-30-2003, 05:38 PM
barnaby63

Quote:
Originally Posted by jar jar links
are you kidding me?

Old
10-30-2003, 05:44 PM
Edge

This is what i said after the anaheim game:

"nah i saw more than a few plays where he was taking a shift with messier and carter where they were generating scoring chances.

the thing is he's caught in a catch 22, he generates some offense but getting 5 mins a night isnt going to help that.

i just wanna see a string of 5 games in a row where he gets 15-16 mins. i really think he might be able to put up some points but hey why use him when we have Hlvac and Rucinsky dominating the way they do.

for a team that is all offense the rangers cant seem to score much this season."

Funny how that works now isn't? He gets icetime and he uses his energy to do something. I dont see what has been so hard about this equation for two years now?

So now i fully expect sather reduce him back to 7 minutes a night for some lame reason.

All hail the amazing martin rucinsky..... where all the people who were yelling for his return a year ago and arguing with me? one unimpressive stint in ST. Louis and another thus far and NY sure makes it easy for a lot of people to run back into the woodworks.

Old
10-30-2003, 05:57 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnaby63
are you kidding me?
no as soon as jaimie was put with messier he looked great.

Old
10-30-2003, 07:20 PM
Davisian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theo Fan
Theo Fan's "Dog House"-

That was beautiful.. I think we've got us a "feature" thread brewing!!!

Quote:
no as soon as jaimie was put with messier he looked great.
You mean the same guy who "obviously wan't cutting it"??? How can that be???

Old
10-30-2003, 07:23 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theo Fan
Theo Fan's "Dog House"-

Dear Chris Simon,..I have been quite hard on you since you got here, and for good reason. That crap in the preseason was horrible. However, I have since noticed a trace of good work ethic during these past few games, while producing some nice scoring chances. You're hard play and hits have also not gone unnoticed...neither has the fact that you've already been ejected from acouple of games, however we here at Theo Fan's "Dog House" are going to give you the benefit of the doubt because those calls were horrible ones. You may consider packing up all your belonging as you seem to be on your way out of the Dog House. Keep up the good work.

Dear Anson Carter,..whoa whoa whoa, and just where the hell do you think you're going? One little tap-in goal is a start, but it ain't erasing the rest of the time you've taken up my time by sucking. Take a seat.

Dear Martin Rucinsky,..we could end up having a bed ready for you soon enough. Keep sucking it up and you can settle in and unpack. Punk.

Thank you all for your time, since for the most part it's already been wasted on the ice.

Brilliant!

By the way, Jan Hlavac, the Honeymoon Suite is ready.

And what has gotten into Tom Poti? Pushing Anson Carter out of the way to stand up for a teammate? Who the hell is this guy?

10-30-2003, 07:34 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Positives
There were a lot of them.

- Mike Dunham comes back from a shakey game against the Ducks and is solid. Makes a huge save on Adams at 1-1.

- Vladamir Malakhov had his best game in many a moon.

- Jamie Lundmark showed glimpses of the player we drafted. This was the first game where he really showed me that he can compete at this level.

- The PK. Again.

- Tom Poti. No really.

- Chris Simon. Two horrible calls against him this season. Keep hitting big guy.

- Anson Carter. Hi, have we met? Good goal. Better physical play. Even better teammate.

Negatives

- Bobo, Bobo, Bobo. That turn over in the second behind your own net. Remind me again why you didn't feel compelled to skate hard after the puck.

- The PP. Yeah the team scored a PP goal. But it was 5-3. Needs to get better. Brian can you hear me?

- Jan Hlavac is invisible. He is a non factor. He is being intimidated and he is simply in the way.

- Martin Rucinsky. See Hlavac, Jan.

Neutrals

- Mike Siklenka!

Old
10-30-2003, 07:57 PM
nyr5186

Quote:
Chris Simon. Two horrible calls against him this season. Keep hitting big guy.
Your third positive would've never occured if Simon doesnt get thrown out. Lundmark wouldve rotted away on the 4th line the rest of the game and we might have lost. Which is exactly whats gonna happen on Saturday night when Simon gets put back with Messier.

Old
10-30-2003, 08:15 PM
nyr5186

Quote:
Originally Posted by shapa999
Wow, Chris Simon is such a huge improvement over Sandra McCarthy. He hits people every game, gets good scoring chances, sticks up for his teammates. I hope he continues this for the rest of the season.
I must admit I am pleasantly surprised by his effort and decent skills, but, just like McCarthy, he doesnt belong on anything more than a 4th line. Especially when a talented kid is working his ass off every shift and is earning more minutes. Plus Simon takes way too many penalties, which is a big problem. Regardless of his toughness and physical side, which I like, theres no excuse to playing Simon more than Lundmark on a nightly basis. In the end, what Lundmark brings to the table (offense and speed) will contribute more to the success of the team than what Simon brings (toughness).

Old
10-30-2003, 08:38 PM
RANGERDIEHARD

Was at the game and I also will admit that Simon's play has been the biggest surprise so far this year. Messier looked as good as a 43 year old can look; making nice passes and creating chances. 2 points eh!

Old
10-30-2003, 08:54 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Actually Messier wasn't on the ice when Lundmark scored the goal. Carter and Rucinsky were the other forwards, Lundmark was playing center that shift.

Old
10-31-2003, 03:46 AM
Lundyfan

Send a message via Yahoo to Lundyfan
Nice game all around. Amazing what happens when Lundmark gets quality minutes, isn't it?

Closed Thread