HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Game Thread: NYR-CAR

Closed Thread

Old
10-31-2003, 09:53 AM
JR#9*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazo
I rejoiced when Hlavac was traded the first time. Then, I was despondent when he returned. I will again rejoice when he is waived or traded once and for all, probably by January. Rosie will not be far behind.
So tell me Kazo just who you would have brought in on one yr commitments earning 2.7 million between them instead of these 2?

And when they are waived in January who are you inserting in the lineup to replace them.

And please save me the standard answer of "I don't care, throw a kid in there" nonsense.

Tell me EXACTLy who will fill the spot and excel in it if you are replacing them both in the summer or in January.

Old
10-31-2003, 09:59 AM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR#9
Tell me EXACTLy who will fill the spot and excel in it if you are replacing them both in the summer or in January.
Does it really matter? You can't tell me that right now, if both Rosie and Hlavac were to have a seat if Lundmark and Barnaby took their places. Would this really look all that poor?

Lundmark-Nedved-Kovalev
Simon-Lindros-Matty
Rucinsky-Holik-Carter
Hlavac-Mess-Lacoutre

Perhaps the question should be, can anyone actually do any worse than either of those 2?

Old
10-31-2003, 10:47 AM
kazo

Quote:
So tell me Kazo just who you would have brought in on one yr commitments earning 2.7 million between them instead of these 2?

And when they are waived in January who are you inserting in the lineup to replace them.

And please save me the standard answer of "I don't care, throw a kid in there" nonsense.

I don't know who I would have brought in. I'm not that smart. But I do know that Hlavac is a waste of a roster spot, regardless of how cheaply he comes. The guy was, is, and will be what he is. And Rucinsky? He is only marginally better.

Tell me, just what good does it do to have these kinds of players on the roster if they are not able to perform regardless of how cheaply they come? What is the point?

Old
10-31-2003, 12:51 PM
Davisian

Quote:

You've got a point on the orginal signings, for depth, (even though I thought it should have been one or the other, not both), but the thing about depth is, you've got to use it..

I'm quite sure Moore could handle a switch to LW, most two way pivots don;t have a problem with it, so I would trade/waive one of them (flip a coin) and promote Moore.. Either play Moore with them, or have Lundmark move up..

Both of them have shown the ability to take care of their own end, and while they have offensive skills, they're still learning how to use them in the NHL.. That's a skill set I can live with, especially if they'd be playing with Nedved and Kovalev..

It's not the signing of them I have a problem with, it's the refusal to use other options within the organization when they're not playing well..

Closed Thread