HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Canucks in HDTV

Closed Thread

Old
10-30-2003, 04:51 AM
dakota

vCash: 500
Canucks in HDTV

http://www.hd.net/nhlinhd.html

Friday, October 31st 9:00 PM ET / 6:00 PM PT Vancouver Canucks @ Phoenix Coyotes
Tuesday, November 11th 8:00 PM ET / 5:00 PM PT Vancouver Canucks @ Minnesota Wild
Tuesday, December 16th 8:00 PM ET / 5:00 PM PT Vancouver Canucks @ Nashville Predators

3 games in the next 2 months is wicked... any chance sportsnet hd will pick up these games?

hockey in hdtv is awesome! I just hope more people get a chance to see it.

Old
10-30-2003, 07:42 AM
NYVanfan

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakota
http://www.hd.net/nhlinhd.html

Friday, October 31st 9:00 PM ET / 6:00 PM PT Vancouver Canucks @ Phoenix Coyotes
Tuesday, November 11th 8:00 PM ET / 5:00 PM PT Vancouver Canucks @ Minnesota Wild
Tuesday, December 16th 8:00 PM ET / 5:00 PM PT Vancouver Canucks @ Nashville Predators

3 games in the next 2 months is wicked... any chance sportsnet hd will pick up these games?

hockey in hdtv is awesome! I just hope more people get a chance to see it.
I just bought a Sony 34" HD-capable TV & it is amazing -- I also pay for the NHL Center Ice pkg -- but the problem is that Time Warner Manhattan sucks so bad that they only offer 3 of the 4 Brodcast nets in HD, so even though I'll get these games I'm sure I won't be able to see them in HDTV.

No Discovery HD, no ESPN HD no MSG HD -- TIME WARNER SUCKS!

So who's providing the HD feed for these games? I suppose you have to be in the local markets (Phx, Minny, Nash.)

The basic problem with HD is that it has to be a low-compression signal, and to sell you 500 useless channels you don't want you cable operator has to highly compress the signal. Basically, it's a came of quantity over quality -- and while HD penetration is low they'll always do better business with the latter.

The other problem is that the HD-capable sets are so good now (and I have a tube TV, not the multi-thousands plasma set) that the REGULAR channels look worse -- the TV is picking up artifacts & showing pixellation, which equates to a less good picture quality.

Anyway ....the Canucks in HD ... next best thing to being at a game ... would love it...but think it's unlikely with my crappy cable provider.

Old
10-30-2003, 08:51 AM
Castor Troy

Anyone know if any pubs/bars in the lower mainland show HD broadcasts? I've heard quite a bit about the HD experience but I'd like to see it for myself.

Old
10-30-2003, 10:01 AM
Impossibles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castor Troy
Anyone know if any pubs/bars in the lower mainland show HD broadcasts? I've heard quite a bit about the HD experience but I'd like to see it for myself.
I *think* Tatlow's on 4th does. I know they have a Plasma screen there.

And it's a sweet pub.

Old
10-30-2003, 12:33 PM
C'nuckleHead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impossibles

And it's a sweet pub.
Thanks for the tip.

Old
10-30-2003, 02:11 PM
Castor Troy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impossibles

And it's a sweet pub.
Thanks, I'll check it out.

Old
10-30-2003, 02:17 PM
Castor Troy

For anyone that's interested, I just called Tatlow's and the manager said that they use the Sportsnet feeds when SNET is carrying the game, and they use a big plasma screen, so if there's an SNET HD broadcast, they'll use it.

Old
10-31-2003, 03:22 AM
dakota

I know to get HDNET in Canada you have to have a DIRECTV satellite with an HD Receiver as well as HD television... but now that sportsnet has HD they may pick up the feed on their HD Channel... i know BELL doesnt have Sportsnet HD yet, but Rogers Digital Cable does (Rogers owns Sportsnet). Bell has TSN HDTV. But... maybe some of the local sports bars have DIRECTV....

CBC is supposed to be doing the Edmonton-Montreal game thats outside in HDTV this year. First time for CBC doing HDTV broadcast.

Closed Thread