HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

That ......was....

Closed Thread

Old
10-30-2003, 07:50 PM
Olaf

vCash: 500
That ......was....

AWESOME !!!

210 penalty minutes.. all sorts of emotion. The Preds took the wings off their game and used speed, grit and heart.... and actually potted a few tonight.

Kudos to Johnson for getting some production and I loved Erat tonight.
Tootoo .....well he is a pleasure to watch. The check on Fisher was sweet. Nobody would dance with him in the last couple of minutes.
The Puss boys ..Chelios and Shanahan had to cheap shot Hall.

Next meeting should be fun....because you can bet Trotz will have more heat in that game..like Brookbank...McKenzie..Klouchek....
Love to see the wings get beat like that.

Now let's carry this over to the stars.

Old
10-30-2003, 07:53 PM
gopreds98

Send a message via Yahoo to gopreds98
Ditto to all of that. I can't decide what my favorite part of the game was.

I just keep thinking of that Chris Farley clip where he goes

THAT.....WAS................AWESOME!

Oh, and kudos to the Nashville fan who tossed the catfish on the ice after our first goal. That was classic!

Old
10-31-2003, 01:02 AM
sparkle twin
Real Deal

Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
This game was great. I see the sweep by the Ducks in the playoffs proved everyone here right, that the Wings fans here are all bandwagon fans! I loved the way our city reacted, (first b/c it was still about 70 degrees out :p ) people were in their cars honking the horns, people just in great moods. Of course though, I have to mention the Wings fans, who were all walking through the streets with their one fingered salute to Nashville. Idiots.

This game was great, so intense. 210 penalty minutes! I kept waiting for the officials to give Detroit all kinds of PPs after we had those 5on3's but they actually called it fairly equal. Trotz was right, we could have laid down after taking a few cheap shots but we stood up for ourselves and fought back. This is why we didn't win against Colorado (part of it anyways), we just quit after the hit on AJ. Very happy with the way they played tonight. Good intensity, disciplined when we needed to be (not counting the fights bc they pretty much ended up even calls).

Quote:
"We stood up for each other, we beat them in every part of the game," Vokoun said.
Yep.

Martin Erat played his ass off, much improved, really determined...I wish he could have gotten more points than that one, but he eared that for sure.

The whole scoring started when Tootoo knocked the crap out of Fischer along the boards. It's amazing how one play by one player can turn a game around!

Had we not gotten our 2nd goal before detroit, the outcome might not have been the way it was.

I didn't agree with scratching Brookbank but guess it all worked out in the end! I like Trotz's comments during the postgame interview. When asked if he expected Detroit to come back at them in the next game he replies, "If they want to come at us, let them, we'll be ready....There is no rule that says you can't hit in the NHL, absolutely none."

Chelios, Shannahan... :moon: I think I can replace quack quack quack with cheap cheap cheap! This is why I hate that team.

But all in all, that game was awesome!!! Bring on the Stars!!!! Don't forget we're on ESPN2 on Sunday night @ Stars (if you can, catch the replay since we'll be seeing it on FSN).

"Stictches are just considered bumps and bruises in hockey, no one was injured." -Barry Trotz

Closed Thread