HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sid the Kid closing in on 100 point mark

Closed Thread

Old
04-13-2006, 11:36 PM
Westcoasthabsfan

vCash: 500
Sid the Kid closing in on 100 point mark

With his four point night tonight he now has 97 points on the year and has three games to get three more points.... This guy deserves the Calder over Ovechkin...Sid is 18 and he is top five in scoring in the entire league.....Pittsburgh is alot worse than the Caps are and if the Pens didnt have Sidney they would be lucky to have 10 wins let alone 20.... Washington would be about the same without Ovechkin IMO.....

Old
04-13-2006, 11:37 PM
Un HabitHuet*

Wrong forum.

Old
04-13-2006, 11:38 PM
Westcoasthabsfan

since when.... I have seen tons of calder talk in here, dont read the thread if you dont like the title

Old
04-13-2006, 11:39 PM
Team_Spirit
Gangsta Pleks

vCash: 1200
I dont care who gets the calder but im pulling for him to get 100pts , like Lemieux did .

Old
04-13-2006, 11:39 PM
Rass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westcoasthabsfan
With his four point night tonight he now has 97 points on the year and has three games to get three more points.... This guy deserves the Calder over Ovechkin...Sid is 18 and he is top five in scoring in the entire league.....Pittsburgh is alot worse than the Caps are and if the Pens didnt have Sidney they would be lucky to have 10 wins let alone 20.... Washington would be about the same without Ovechkin IMO.....
I wish him to break the 100 points, but Ovechkin is still, by far, the Calder leader. He's been more consistant all year long and the age is a non-factor. This is not the rookie of the year considering his age trophy! Anyway, both are awesome.

Old
04-13-2006, 11:40 PM
Quiet Robert

DAMN! Way to go Sid! He's making it a real race. Early in the year it was close. Then there was the bickering between the "camps" which made HF an unbearable place. In the past few months AO seemed to have clearly pulled ahead but now in the past few weeks Sid has really made a race out of it.

All in all it's been a joy to watch all the rookies this year. AO, Sid, Phaneuf etc...This year we've really been lucky in terms of rookies.

Old
04-13-2006, 11:41 PM
JMMR

Send a message via MSN to JMMR Send a message via Yahoo to JMMR
I am with you Rass.
I would love for Crosby to hit the century mark, but Ovechkin is simply the best.

Old
04-13-2006, 11:43 PM
Westcoasthabsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rass
I wish him to break the 100 points, but Ovechkin is still, by far, the Calder leader. He's been more consistant all year long and the age is a non-factor. This is not the rookie of the year considering his age trophy! Anyway, both are awesome.
Its your opinion but age will come into play here...How can you say Crosby hasnt been as consistent as Ovechkin....they are so close in points..... There is no way he is by far the Calder leader

Old
04-13-2006, 11:45 PM
Quiet Robert

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMMR
I am with you Rass.
I would love for Crosby to hit the century mark, but Ovechkin is simply the best.
I don't think many will argue, but lately Crosby seems to be closing the gap that existed between the two.

Old
04-13-2006, 11:49 PM
Rass

Quote:
Its your opinion but age will come into play here...How can you say Crosby hasnt been as consistent as Ovechkin....they are so close in points..... There is no way he is by far the Calder leader
Crosby is putting points in a bunch lately, but he had couple of cold streak before that. For most of the season, AO had a comfortable lead on Sid. And as for the Calder, I don't see Sideny winning it at all, even if he is getting closer in the scoring department. Ovechkin is so much more of a complete player than Crosby at the moment.

Old
04-13-2006, 11:51 PM
Westcoasthabsfan

We shall see.....

Old
04-13-2006, 11:51 PM
JMMR

Send a message via MSN to JMMR Send a message via Yahoo to JMMR
Both players have been consistent, that is to say neither player has gone more then 3 games with out scoring a point. But Crosby did have better players playing with him at the beginning of the year. When they left Crosby continued to produce. Ovechkin is not the runaway winner but I would vote in favour of him for a few reasons.
1) Ovechkin scored 50 goals few rookies let alone players can accomplish this in today’s NHL.
2) Ovechkin is a + player on a dismal team.
3) Ovechkin is not only dynamite offensively but he can play rough and lay some thunderous hits.

Old
04-13-2006, 11:57 PM
Habsfan18

Ovechkin better get the calder.

Old
04-14-2006, 12:02 AM
Artyukhin*

just think only 6 more years til crosby comes to play in montreal

cant wait to see what he can do in his prime!!!

hope he gets the 100

Old
04-14-2006, 12:07 AM
Rayne*

Quote:
We shall see.....
We don't have to. Ovechkin will win the Calder over Crosby without a doubt. Point totals aren't the only determining factors for winning the Calder. Ovechkin has had no help on that Capitals team. Crosby has his little asskisser stooge in Colby Armstrong, not to mention a few veterans, as over the hill as they are, helping him.

Old
04-14-2006, 12:11 AM
LeHab

Quote:
Despite what Jacques Demers was saying, age should not be a factor in Calder selection.

Old
04-14-2006, 12:12 AM
Westcoasthabsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreVX
We don't have to. Ovechkin will win the Calder over Crosby without a doubt. Point totals aren't the only determining factors for winning the Calder. Ovechkin has had no help on that Capitals team. Crosby has his little asskisser stooge in Colby Armstrong, not to mention a few veterans, as over the hill as they are, helping him.
If you are telling me that the Pens are better than the Caps you are way off base....

Old
04-14-2006, 12:16 AM
Rass

Quote:
If you are telling me that the Pens are better than the Caps you are way off base....
Offensively they are a lot better than Washington!! LeClair, Malone, Recchi, Lemieux, Palffy, Gonchar, Whitney all played with Sid a moment or another this season. They helped boosting the stats of Crosby. Can you say the same thing of Zubrus, Wilsie, Pettinger, Halpern, Clark or everybody else in Washington?

Last edited by Rass: 04-14-2006 at 12:36 AM.
Old
04-14-2006, 12:19 AM
Absolut

AO is the second rookie ever to get 50/100. He is a plus player on a horrible defensive team. He is among leaders in hits. And he has a low number of PP despite being physically agressive.

Crosby is having a phenomenal year, but his year has not been quiet as good as AO's: he's a minus player, has a ton of penalty minutes, probably going for some kind of a record in unsportsman-like conduct penalties, and is not nearly a physical presence AO is. While both have occasional defensive lapses, I would also say that Ovechkin is normally more solid defensively.

Overall, I would consider it a highway robbery if Crosby got the Calder over Ovechkin. But that's just me.

Old
04-14-2006, 12:29 AM
Artyukhin*

Quote:
Offensively they are a lot better than Washington!! LeClair, Malone, Recchi, Lemieux, Palffy, Gonchar, Whitney all played with Sid a moment or another this season. They helped boosting the stats of Crosby. Can you say the same thing of Wilsie, Pettinger, Halpern, Clark or everybody else in Washington?

crosby vs overchieken both very impressive season

crosby 18 never played with adults until the season from juniour to nhl 97 pts

overchieken played in russia with the pros etc before coming to the nhl and is 2 year older

both 2 great season both to great players

Old
04-14-2006, 12:36 AM
wholeshow*

uh crosby had way better teammates for the majority of the season (gonchar, recchi, lemieux, palffy, leclair). who did ovechkin have? halpern and the mighty zubrus?

give me a break. ovechkin and lundqvist over crosby by a country mile.

Old
04-14-2006, 12:39 AM
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator
Bitter Buffalo

vCash: 50
Quote:
Offensively they are a lot better than Washington!! LeClair, Malone, Recchi, Lemieux, Palffy, Gonchar, Whitney all played with Sid a moment or another this season. They helped boosting the stats of Crosby. Can you say the same thing of Wilsie, Pettinger, Halpern, Clark or everybody else in Washington?
LeClair never plays with Sid aside from the rare power play. He's hardly useful for anything but getting in the way in front of the net at this stage anyways.
Malone never plays with Sid either.
Recchi was only on the power play.
Lemieux played about 4 shifts with Sid and was a complete non-factor regardless.
Palffy was ****ing terrible and heartless. PPG stats, yes, but almost all were second assists.
Gonchar I'll give you, but he's still a defenseman.
Whitney is a rookie defenseman...come on...

Using the teammate excuse was valid going into the season, but at the end of it the two best players Sid has played with are the guys he's playing with right now...Colby Armstrong and Andy Hilbert...two guys who passed waivers at some point this season.

“The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile, but that it is indifferent. If we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death, our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light.” - Stanley Kubrick
http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/054.gif
Old
04-14-2006, 12:40 AM
Bill McNeal

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by wholeshow
uh crosby had way better teammates for the majority of the season (gonchar, recchi, lemieux, palffy, leclair). who did ovechkin have? halpern and the mighty zubrus?

give me a break. ovechkin and lundqvist over crosby by a country mile.
People are seriously downplaying Crosby's season here. Lundqvist? Laughable.

100 pts as an 18 year old is almost unheard of. And his teammates? Maybe if you just looked at their names, but they had horrible years.

Ovechkin is the Calder winner, but I'd say what Crosby is doing at his age after all the crap he's taken is just as impressive.

Old
04-14-2006, 12:42 AM
Rass

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug mckenzie
crosby vs overchieken both very impressive season

crosby 18 never played with adults until the season from juniour to nhl 97 pts

overchieken played in russia with the pros etc before coming to the nhl and is 2 year older

both 2 great season both to great players
So, next year, is gonna be Evgeny Malkin, a less deserving Calder candidate than a younger, less impressive rookie? I don't think so! Stop thinking like Jacques Demers! Age is not a factor in the Calder voting. It's amazing how Crosby he's playing compared to a almost 2 years older AO, but it won't give him any advantage!

Old
04-14-2006, 12:44 AM
Rass

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Albino
People are seriously downplaying Crosby's season here. Lundqvist? Laughable.

100 pts as an 18 year old is almost unheard of. And his teammates? Maybe if you just looked at their names, but they had horrible years.

Ovechkin is the Calder winner, but I'd say what Crosby is doing at his age after all the crap he's taken is just as impressive.
Word.

Cannot have said better!

Closed Thread