HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Notices

GDT 11/04 Detroit @ Calgary, This is a do or die game.

Closed Thread

Old
11-04-2003, 05:10 AM
DanStewartFC
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
GDT 11/04 Detroit @ Calgary, This is a do or die game.

If Detroit can't get a win tonight, Heads must roll. Lewis needs to be gone!

Scratch Shanahan (Floating around not playing his agressive game!), Lidstrom (trying to do too much!), Hull (says the Wings are playing stupid hockey, so is he!), Dandenault (cause he deservs it!). This alone might fire-up the team, but for ****'s sake do something Dave!

Dave Lewis needs to sit down with Scotty Bowmen and get his help on a system that he can CONSISTENTLY use and teach to his players. Quit this running around crap that they have been doing.

I predict tonights score will be Calgary 3- Detroit 3.

Old
11-04-2003, 05:38 AM
Team Dandenault

Send a message via Yahoo to Team Dandenault
Is Manny playing tonight?

Old
11-04-2003, 05:42 AM
Grift69

Send a message via AIM to Grift69 Send a message via MSN to Grift69
The further this season progresses the more I think it might be better if shanahan got a new start somewhere else, something is obviously not clicking. If a loss does occur, then yes heads to need to roll.

Old
11-04-2003, 05:46 AM
DanStewartFC
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Dandenault
Is Manny playing tonight?
Both Hasek and Joseph skated yesterday in practice, but I have not heard that either is off the IR as of yet. I think Legace is starting tonight.

Old
11-04-2003, 05:58 AM
zetterberg40

Send a message via AIM to zetterberg40
My guss is that cujo will start tonight agianst calgary to possibly help his value start to go up to some extent because we really need to make something happen. Maybe the offense and defense will show up tonight as well

Old
11-04-2003, 07:08 AM
kira

Send a message via ICQ to kira Send a message via Yahoo to kira
Anything has to be better than last night...they were so flat.

Come on, guys, give me an anniversary present I'll like - WIN!!!

Old
11-04-2003, 07:11 AM
HeHateMeFrisbee

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to HeHateMeFrisbee Send a message via Yahoo to HeHateMeFrisbee
didnt have much to do with Manny last night. It was Coaching. There was no order to their play. Totally unorganized and not prepared at all.

Old
11-04-2003, 09:32 AM
Boomhower

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetterberg40
My guss is that cujo will start tonight agianst calgary to possibly help his value start to go up to some extent because we really need to make something happen. Maybe the offense and defense will show up tonight as well
Yah, Cujo will start tonight, Link. Hudler better be in the lineup aswell.

Old
11-04-2003, 09:57 AM
Vyacheslav
That one guy

vCash: 541
Send a message via AIM to Vyacheslav
Calgary 567,798,091
Detroit -2

Should be a good game...

Old
11-04-2003, 12:58 PM
TomHBlain

Send a message via AIM to TomHBlain
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vyacheslav
Calgary 567,798,091
Detroit -2

Should be a good game...
Wow, you are more of an optimist than me. I would say Detroit would be more around -4,-5. But seriously, I think it will be a 2-1 Calgary. I have seen them play pretty tough defense against some pretty good teams this year. Tough defense is something the Wings can't deal with now. Cujo will look ok (if in fact he starts).

Old
11-04-2003, 01:01 PM
Grift69

Send a message via AIM to Grift69 Send a message via MSN to Grift69
Trade shanny, that'll light a fire under his ass . Then fire Hitler/Charlie Chaplin.

Old
11-04-2003, 01:29 PM
PigPen

Dave Lewis isn't bold enough to sit Shanahan.
But if we sit Shanny, then who comes in? Rivers? Ugh...
I'd like to see Bootland or Barnes brought up. If only for the Nashville game.

Without Zetterberg I don't think the wings come out on top this game. Maybe a tie. Maybe.
Calgary will be running on all cylinders tonight and Iginla has come on strong lately. Unless Datsyuk and Lidstrom pick up their play tonight we're done for.

Old
11-04-2003, 02:00 PM
Turner

[QUOTE=PigPen]...
I'd like to see Bootland or Barnes brought up. If only for the Nashville game.

QUOTE]
Is Barnes going to be brought up for the Nashville game? I heard that he was going to be but that could have just been people running their mouth.

Old
11-04-2003, 02:16 PM
guinness
those were the days

It's pretty sad when it only 13 games in and it do or die time.

Seriously, you people are overreacting, it's not the Wings aren't slow starters or haven't been in a slump before.

3-2 Wings, they'll actually remember they aren't at home in Detroit and show up tonight.

Old
11-04-2003, 04:26 PM
TomHBlain

Quote:
Originally Posted by guinness
It's pretty sad when it only 13 games in and it do or die time.

Seriously, you people are overreacting, it's not the Wings aren't slow starters or haven't been in a slump before.

3-2 Wings, they'll actually remember they aren't at home in Detroit and show up tonight.
A slow start is one thing. Being pathetic and getting your :moon: handed to you by Vancouver to top off a 5 game winless streak is another. No Hatcher, No Zett, No Hasek. Huge slump. One positive is that the young guys are getting a lot of icetime and experience. However, that still doesnt excuse the loss from last night.

Old
11-04-2003, 05:40 PM
kira

Well, from what I've seen so far, this is a hell of a lot better than last night's debacle. I saw more activity in a mausoleum than the Wings had last night. But tonight is a whole different ball game.

Gee, maybe I will get both my wishes for my anniversary. I got the first one - could I get lucky again?

Well, well, well...I DID get the second half of my anniversary wish. WE WON!!! And may I say we looked like a totally different team tonight...congrats to Cujo on the shutout!

Now THIS is more like it!

Old
11-04-2003, 07:50 PM
TomHBlain

Well, they did what they needed to do tonight, and how. I must say though, they havent completely turned it around yet. What happens when they play a more offensively potent team?

I still want to see what happens when they play Dallas and Colorado. Both of those teams have also under-performed (IMO), I want to see who still has it out of those three and who doesnt.

Old
11-04-2003, 08:30 PM
Wingboy2999

Send a message via AIM to Wingboy2999 Send a message via Yahoo to Wingboy2999
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomHBlain
Well, they did what they needed to do tonight, and how. I must say though, they havent completely turned it around yet. What happens when they play a more offensively potent team?

I still want to see what happens when they play Dallas and Colorado. Both of those teams have also under-performed (IMO), I want to see who still has it out of those three and who doesnt.
Well, we already shut out Dallas 4-0.

Old
11-04-2003, 08:51 PM
kira

Didn't exactly make them look all that great if I remember right...

Frankly, I'm waiting for round 2 with Nashville...that should be really interesting.

Old
11-04-2003, 08:57 PM
Ajo

A shutout! Wohooo!

Build here. Or better start putting some intrest into the game and the Wings will start winning.

Old
11-05-2003, 03:14 AM
name

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomHBlain
Maybe that was the problem, maybe they were worrying about offense when they should have just been focusing on defense knowing that the offense will come.

Watching last night's game, I got the impression that they were going for a 0-0 tie. At least one powerplay goal is pretty much a given with Detroit, they got it, and then I think Calgary started to take some chances. When that happened, it resulted in more goals for Detroit.

It was really nice to see Shanahan score a couple, let's hope it was the start of something and not just an abberation.

Old
11-05-2003, 03:22 AM
name

Quote:
Originally Posted by kira
Didn't exactly make them look all that great if I remember right...

Frankly, I'm waiting for round 2 with Nashville...that should be really interesting.
I hear ya, talk about a gut check! I have so many questions about that game..

Does Detroit call up players in case Nashville dresses goons?

Will there be any fights at all? It seems like every time a brawl filled game is expected, we just end up with a well played hockey game.

Can Detroit win?

My prediction is that Detroit will come to play, no call ups will be made. If Nashville dresses goons or tries stuff, it will be ignored and then the resulting penalties will be taken advantage of. Nashville knows this, they will dress the same roster as last time, and it will be a very close game, 2-1 Detroit. Posts calling Detroit a wimpy team will go up on various HF sub boards and there will be flagrant use of the "moon smiley".

Is making my prediciton before the GDT is even posted sort of like calling shotgun 11 hours before the car is in sight?

Old
11-05-2003, 04:24 AM
onearmedbandit14

Looks like some people hit the panic button a little early. A little shutout action should calm things a bit in D-town.

Old
11-05-2003, 07:19 AM
TomHBlain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingboy2999
Well, we already shut out Dallas 4-0.
Thats right, thanks for re-freshing my mem.
At least one of the big three looks worse than us. Hell NYR shutout Dallas last night. There could be big changes in Dallas before big changes in Detroit. With that payroll and the amount of money wrapped up in Turgeon, I can't imagine what they can do.

Old
11-05-2003, 08:33 AM
kira

Quote:
Originally Posted by name
I hear ya, talk about a gut check! I have so many questions about that game..

Does Detroit call up players in case Nashville dresses goons?

Will there be any fights at all? It seems like every time a brawl filled game is expected, we just end up with a well played hockey game.

Can Detroit win?

My prediction is that Detroit will come to play, no call ups will be made. If Nashville dresses goons or tries stuff, it will be ignored and then the resulting penalties will be taken advantage of. Nashville knows this, they will dress the same roster as last time, and it will be a very close game, 2-1 Detroit. Posts calling Detroit a wimpy team will go up on various HF sub boards and there will be flagrant use of the "moon smiley".

Is making my prediciton before the GDT is even posted sort of like calling shotgun 11 hours before the car is in sight?

1) No...who do we have to call up?

2) I hope not, but there may be some lingering thoughts of revenge. So you never really know.

3) Yes, provided they play their kind of game and don't stoop to the level of goonies. Arankys will post numerous messages saying we can't hold our own in a fight and call us wussies, to which we reply with a vocal but politically correct version of "screw you".

I'm not going to predict the score. I hope that we win, and I hope that some of the players who have been quiet lately will get up and make some noise (hint hint, Pasha).

4) I don't know...I've never called shotgun before.

Closed Thread