HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bouillon: big heart but...

Closed Thread

Old
04-14-2006, 03:41 PM
La Grosse Tendresse

vCash: 500
Bouillon: big heart but...

But very little talent.

I like Bouillon, he always gives his 110% and always wants the best for his team, unlike alot of other players. But let's be realistic, he is far from being an important asset to this team, as evident by the Habs 11-3 record without him. He is extremely suspect defensively, not really covering efficiently his man in front of the net and often being out of position. Even though he does good work around the boards and on the transition, I do not think it justifies a regular spot in the NHL with a team that wants to be a part of the elite.

As a free agent at the end of the season, I see no reason for the Habs to keep him moving forward. It is time for the Habs to realise that it is useless to keep such limited players if it hopes to get better in the future. Sure, Bouillon is a good sixth defenseman for a mediocre team, but I feel that the Habs have finally gotten over that hump. It would be better to get a better free agent or give a chance to Côté or Emelin more long term instead of keeping the status quo. If it wasn't for Bouillon, the Habs could have kept François Beauchemin and/or Ron Hainsey, both players with a much higher upside and who have proven this season that they belong in this league. Too bad that they never got their chance with the Habs because the team preferred kepping a limited, yet fan favorite player. The team would be even better that it is now with these guys still around, and it is time to stop making the same mistake over and over agin...

It's too bad for a guy with that much heart, but realisticaly, he is starting to be a handicap in terms of opportunity cost for this club...

Old
04-14-2006, 03:42 PM
Kafka

I also don't have access to a TV to watch Canadien's games.

Old
04-14-2006, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WEEB
But very little talent.

I like Bouillon, he always gives his 110% and always wants the best for his team, unlike alot of other players. But let's be realistic, he is far from being an important asset to this team, as evident by the Habs 11-3 record without him. He is extremely suspect defensively, not really covering efficiently his man in front of the net and often being out of position. Even though he does good work around the boards and on the transition, I do not think it justifies a regular spot in the NHL with a team that wants to be a part of the elite.

As a free agent at the end of the season, I see no reason for the Habs to keep him moving forward. It is time for the Habs to realise that it is useless to keep such limited players if it hopes to get better in the future. Sure, Bouillon is a good sixth defenseman for a mediocre team, but I feel that the Habs have finally gotten over that hump. It would be better to get a better free agent or give a chance to Côté or Emelin more long term instead of keeping the status quo. If it wasn't for Bouillon, the Habs could have kept François Beauchemin and/or Ron Hainsey, both players with a much higher upside and who have proven this season that they belong in this league. Too bad that they never got their chance with the Habs because the team preferred kepping a limited, yet fan favorite player. The team would be even better that it is now with these guys still around, and it is time to stop making the same mistake over and over agin...

It's too bad for a guy with that much heart, but realisticaly, he is starting to be a handicap in terms of opportunity cost for this club...
Completely agree with you../although I doubt many here will...

I also thought we should of given a guy like Beauchemin the same chance we gave Bouillon a few years ago, in any case, I don't mind the guy as a #6 or 7th d-man, but you're right, he's a UFA at the end of the year and I hope they upgrade

Old
04-14-2006, 04:22 PM
gars59

if we can sign a kubina or a good defenseman , good bye bouillon , dont think he will want to be the 7th d-man .

Markov-komisarek
souray-Ufa
Rivet-Dandenault
Cote/streit

Old
04-14-2006, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gars59
if we can sign a kubina or a good defenseman , good bye bouillon , dont think he will want to be the 7th d-man .

Markov-komisarek
souray-Ufa
Rivet-Dandenault
Cote/streit
Rivet and Dandenault can't play together, they're both righties and that's not an easy transition, only a few right handed defensman can play the offside, Rob Blake comes to mind

Old
04-14-2006, 04:29 PM
Freaky Habs Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by gars59

Markov-komisarek
souray-Ufa
Rivet-Dandenault
Cote/streit
Yeah, you're right...but if we keep that squad, it wouldn't be that bad. But I really think that we need another Markov type of defenceman...

Old
04-14-2006, 05:42 PM
fredez

Quote:
But very little talent.

Don't be a hater.

He's very good on 1 on 1 defensively, he hits hard, he bring s a lot of energy, he can fight and he can join the rush offensively an make good passes.

Only downside on Frankie that I see is that he doesn't have a strong shot and he has some difficulties covering opponents in front of the net.

Bottom line is, you need some energy guy wherever you can put them. Bouillon is like our defenseman version of Steve Bégin.

Old
04-14-2006, 05:48 PM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafka
good one

Old
04-14-2006, 05:51 PM
zurg999

Quote:
But very little talent.

How quickly you guys forget.

While Quintal and Brisebois were flailing away at TB and Bruins bodies two years ago, Frankie B. was riding their best players out along the boards and carrying the puck down ice at times when the Habs looked lost.

This guy is a warrior, put him in for the playoffs.

Old
04-14-2006, 05:58 PM
KaptainKourage*

Quote:
Originally Posted by zurg999

While Quintal and Brisebois were flailing away at TB and Bruins bodies two years ago, Frankie B. was riding their best players out along the boards and carrying the puck down ice at times when the Habs looked lost.

He really dont impress me at last playoff.

Hes still a good dman though, but we have too much good dman and not enuff very good dman, that is the problem.

Old
04-14-2006, 06:09 PM
onemorecup*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 TO MTL
Rivet and Dandenault can't play together, they're both righties and that's not an easy transition, only a few right handed defensman can play the offside, Rob Blake comes to mind
at 31 Cube will take the best 2 or 3 year deal he gets, and he will get it. I like his heart , but he is a 6th dman on most teams , for a team like the leafs where you have clowns like Berg,Belak, etc, playing on d , Cube at 600k a year for 3 years is a solid move. At least he can skate, move the puck, and play a smart game. He doesn`t fit in oue long term plans. BG will clearly go after a top 4 Dman in the offseason. We won`t keep both Souray and Rivet after next year , I SEE A MCKEE,KUBINA type player being signed.

Old
04-14-2006, 06:22 PM
goalchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafka

Old
04-14-2006, 07:08 PM
KILLger

Send a message via ICQ to KILLger Send a message via MSN to KILLger
Bouillon isn't great and don't make fun of the guy for saying he's not all that skilled, as he's right. You all admit he's nothing more than a 6th... well 6th are VERY expendable.

He does bring grit, energy and a transitional game.. but Markov, Souray, Rivet can provide his offensive game, Streit is even better at that. His defensive coverage is just as good as Streit's... but he plays physical.

Old
04-14-2006, 08:09 PM
The n00b King ©*

if only he was 4 inches taller...

Old
04-14-2006, 08:10 PM
Team_Spirit
Gangsta Pleks

Quote:
Originally Posted by zurg999

Damn right .

WEEB , how can you start a topic about this subject while the guy is nursing an injury ? Id take Bouillon over Streit anyday of the week .

Old
04-14-2006, 08:15 PM
La Grosse Tendresse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jozeph_Balej
WEEB , how can you start a topic about this subject while the guy is nursing an injury ? Id take Bouillon over Streit anyday of the week .
Jozeph_Balej, how can you question my topic because he is nursing an injury? I'm talking for next year here, and he has been a handicap for the team the past few season by taking a roster spot. We have kept too much average players on our NHL roster for so many years, which is the reason we have sucked for so long. Bouillon is limited and his time has come. Period.

Old
04-14-2006, 08:27 PM
Team_Spirit
Gangsta Pleks

Quote:
Jozeph_Balej, how can you question my topic because he is nursing an injury? I'm talking for next year here, and he has been a handicap for the team the past few season by taking a roster spot. We have kept too much average players on our NHL roster for so many years, which is the reason we have sucked for so long. Bouillon is limited and his time has come. Period.
Koivu is limited too , what's the point? Andre Savard filled the team with average players to give a chance to the team to improve , and it worked . You can't rebuild from nothing in Montreal , the fans will not let it happen. Now that the youngsters take their places we can unload the crap . If Hainsey or Bauchemin could not beat Quintal , Dhykuis and Bouillon they only have themselves to blame . Anyhow do you see anyone on the blueline ready to take Bouillon spot ?

If you think Coté or Streit i think youre out of lunch . Bouillon got a nice experience bag with us and it would be dumb to let him go to play these guys . It's not like we had a gem waiting in the pipeline. And about UFA's please spare us , best case senario is a slug like Jon Klemm who's gonna cost 2-3Mil and dont give much more than Bouillon.

Old
04-14-2006, 08:31 PM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

I would keep Bouillon as a 3rd pairing guy. When he plays top4 minutes, he's out of his role imo. On the third pairing, he's alright. If he asks for top4 dmen kind of money, then screw him... If not, we should keep him.

Old
04-14-2006, 08:32 PM
TwineSniper

Send a message via MSN to TwineSniper
Quote:

First of all, I have an absolute disdain for people who refer to their so-called "favourite" team with such a disrespectful term.

Francis is what he is, a an above average #5, or very good #6. Lest I remind you, that we are under a salary cap, the days are gone where teams can load up on defence, and have a #3 on most teams, plugged in as their #6. Without of course, hurting the depth elsewhere (playoff rentals don't count).

I like Francis, he does his job. He knows what his job is. I am perfectly happy with him, until we are in a position where we can build from within.

But, I guess it's Bouillon's turn to have the finger pointed at him, so be it.

Old
04-14-2006, 08:52 PM
habitue*

Quote:
But very little talent.

Are you kidding ?

Bouillon is one of the best - if not the best - # 6 d-man in the NHL.

Old
04-14-2006, 10:07 PM
CalHabFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by habitué
Are you kidding ?

Bouillon is one of the best - if not the best - # 6 d-man in the NHL.
Thank god for posters such as habitué and Maniacal Visionary

Or every player on the Habs would have the privilege of having one or more ongoing bashing thread

Old
04-14-2006, 10:27 PM
goalchenyuk

Quote:
...and he has been a handicap for the team the past few season by taking a roster spot. We have kept too much average players on our NHL roster for so many years, which is the reason we have sucked for so long. Bouillon is limited and his time has come. Period.
wow ! a handicap for the team !!!

Bouillon is one of the leader of the NHL for the hits and takeways ; he's playing with heart and passion and isn't the kind of player to takes stupid penalities or to gives the puck.

He 's not a top d-man , we all know that , but to say that he 's a handicap for the team is

Old
04-14-2006, 10:47 PM
Teufelsdreck

What is the probability that Bouillon will be the #6 D next season? I'd guess <50%.

Old
04-14-2006, 11:05 PM
hab 4ever

I don't know what is wrong with Bouillon. Before his injury, I think he was in the top 10 in the league for both takeaways and bodychecks. He makes very good outlet passes and brings a lot of energy. With all that in mind, what is wrong with him staying as our 6th d-man, if the price is right, considering that we now have to deal with a salary cap ? Seriously, come on !!!

If anything, I think our defence as a whole is very underrated. Guys play well together. In fact, I'd be looking forward to acquire a top-line winger before adding another UFA defenseman unless the dman is a bonafide number 1 à la Chara (unlikely).

Old
04-15-2006, 12:53 AM
NewHabsEra*

Pretty ignorant original post.. Saying Bouillon isnt solid defensively doesnt make any sense.. Almost never out of position, win his duals for the puck and is extremmely strong despite his small frame, moves extremmely well with the puck, quick to make plays and overall a good puckmover.. He lacks offensive skills and vision in the offensive zone but thats all you can reproah to him... Bouillon is pretty reliable and solid defensively, you have to be blind to not realize this..

The only thing I will agree is the Beauchemin lost.. I think Beauchemin would be an upgrade on Bouillon cause he has more offensive skills and plays a creative overall game, Bouillon gets the edge defensively though.

This is a big lost cause Beauchemin is a charactere guy who bring alot of emotion at the blue line, can support the offense, can change the momentum with the big hit, crisp accurate passes and strong, accurate shot with the quick release coming with.. Im still crying when I see him in another jersey.. He is still saying his #1 place to play is MTL..

Closed Thread