HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Bouillon skated with team... could be back on Tues

Closed Thread

Old
04-14-2006, 02:59 PM
22SteveBegin22

vCash: 500
Bouillon skated with team... could be back on Tues

Just came up on TSN...

A key ingredient of the Canadiens defence corps took a big step toward returning to the lineup Friday when blue-liner Francis Bouillon skated with his teammates for the first time in nearly a month.

Bouillon, who sprained his left ankle during a 5-4 loss at home to the Pittsburgh Penguins on March 18, skated for 20 minutes on his own Friday morning before deciding that his ankle could withstand an optional workout with six of his teammates.

"I have pain, but I can't really make the injury any worse," Bouillon said. "I haven't been in a situation where I had to push guys or take a hit, I've only skated. But the skating is going really well. I'm pretty happy with today's results. Seeing as I can't really make the injury any worse, I should be ready to play soon."

How soon is still anybody's guess. Bouillon feels confident he'll be ready to start the playoffs, but ideally he says he'd rather play in Montreal's final game of the regular season against the New Jersey Devils at home on Tuesday.

Old
04-14-2006, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 22SteveBegin22
Just came up on TSN...

A key ingredient of the Canadiens defence corps took a big step toward returning to the lineup Friday when blue-liner Francis Bouillon skated with his teammates for the first time in nearly a month.

Bouillon, who sprained his left ankle during a 5-4 loss at home to the Pittsburgh Penguins on March 18, skated for 20 minutes on his own Friday morning before deciding that his ankle could withstand an optional workout with six of his teammates.

"I have pain, but I can't really make the injury any worse," Bouillon said. "I haven't been in a situation where I had to push guys or take a hit, I've only skated. But the skating is going really well. I'm pretty happy with today's results. Seeing as I can't really make the injury any worse, I should be ready to play soon."

How soon is still anybody's guess. Bouillon feels confident he'll be ready to start the playoffs, but ideally he says he'd rather play in Montreal's final game of the regular season against the New Jersey Devils at home on Tuesday.
Great news...i'm as hard as anyone on Bouillon, but even I can't say he doesn't help the team...

Old
04-14-2006, 03:27 PM
JMMR

Send a message via MSN to JMMR Send a message via Yahoo to JMMR
Hope we hear the same about Begin soon.

Old
04-14-2006, 03:38 PM
Rayne*

Nice to hear about Bouillon. Hope to see him back soon, same with Begin.

Off topic, 22SteveBegin22, your avatar is classic.

Old
04-14-2006, 03:44 PM
benji
Took too much, man.

Send a message via MSN to benji
Frank the Tank. It'll be good to see him back.

Old
04-14-2006, 03:58 PM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

especially if Begin doesn't come back right away, his energy will be welcomed. And in the playoffs, I'll feel more confident with him in the lineup rather than Streit or Simpson. So good news indeed.

Old
04-14-2006, 05:56 PM
oli500

Great news

Old
04-14-2006, 06:31 PM
CalHabFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by oli500
Great news
I think so too.
I am very happy to see Bouillon will be back and bring that energy back, especially since Bégin is gone.
Even if both players have quite different roles on the team, the kind of attitude they bring on the table helps the team.
All the while another thread is developing on this board about how Bouillon is expendable...
Talent wise, probably. Everything else, Bouillon's got!

Old
04-14-2006, 07:14 PM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

vCash: 700
He said on TV he still feels pain , hopefully he can play a good chunk of minutes under his belt before the big show .

Closed Thread