HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Notices

What we know....and what we don't

Closed Thread

Old
10-30-2003, 06:51 PM
TehDoak
General Zad

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to TehDoak
What we know....and what we don't

What we Know:

#1. Bringing Drury in is by far the best move by this team in the past 2 seasons.
#2. Ruff is sitting players when they don't play up to par....regardless of salary.
#3. The Leafs can't win in Buffalo.

What We Don't know:
#1. Can Drury maintain his pace? (Currently on pace for 75 pts)
#2. Which team will play most the season....the one that is 4-1 in the past 6 games....or the on that went 2-4 before that?
#3. How much of shot will Miller get to be the starter?

Old
10-30-2003, 06:54 PM
KillToronto

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdoak
What We Don't know:
#2. Which team will play most the season....the one that is 4-1 in the past 6 games....or the on that went 2-4 before that?
1. Yes, I beleive he is confident and works hard enough to maintain his pace. His hard work will only rub off on everyone else and the team, therefore making things easier for him.

2. Hopefully the 4-1 team. But the way we are we never know who will show up.

3. I think if Biron keeps playing well Miller will be in Rochester most of the year. I think Noronen has played well so far this year and he should be our backup for most of the season. I would be surprised to not see our goaltending situation resolved through a trade this year or offseason.

Old
10-30-2003, 07:22 PM
Takeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdoak
What We Don't know:
#1 - Although I don't expect Drury to reach 75 pts., it is certainly not out of the question. That said, I don't think Drury's impact on this team can be measured with numbers. Ruff can't get the "C" on him fast enough...

#2 - I expect inconsistency to plague this team throughout the first half of the season, but I hope they can establish themselves as a contender in the second half...finishing 4-6 games above .500 and sneaking in as a 7 or 8 seed. Which team shows up is highly dependent upon the goaltending. Clutch saves carry this team, soft goals bury them.

#3 - I'm sure Miller will resurface in Buffalo sometime this season, but his playing time won't be significant unless Marty or Mika implode. I anticipate Miller and Vanek will usher in a new era after the CBA lockout.

Old
10-30-2003, 08:22 PM
billsandsabres
nhl 94 aficianado

[QUOTE=Takeo21]#2 - I expect inconsistency to plague this team throughout the first half of the season, but I hope they can establish themselves as a contender in the second half...finishing 4-6 games above .500 and sneaking in as a 7 or 8 seed. Which team shows up is highly dependent upon the goaltending. Clutch saves carry this team, soft goals bury them.
QUOTE]

a lot of people are talking about the captaincy thing and how drury should be named captain
the way i remember it was that it would be a rotating captaincy month-by-month UNLESS satan performed well as captain
his +/- is horrific, but he does have 8 points and is one of the main reasons the power play is back on track, he is playing hard in both ends and showing emotion, and the team is playing pretty well- that to me is good performance
i also worry that taking the c off of satan is going to send him a negative message, no matter how much encouragement ruff would give him
i guess my point is that i like drury a ton, but this is still miro's team and he hasn't done anything in the past 6 years but remain loyal to the team and the city; miro has done a whole lot to earn where he has gotten and virtually nothing to lose it
miro got the c and he should keep it unless things go very wrong
does drury need to be named captain to be a leader?

Closed Thread