Andy Sutton whats going on?

Closed Thread

Old
10-30-2003, 01:19 PM
ogczar

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ogczar
Andy Sutton whats going on?

Any ideas as to why he has yet to fight? He was leading the league in PIM's before his injury last year and now he seems to be light in his skates. Any thoughts?

Old
10-30-2003, 01:26 PM
Holly Gunning

I don't think Hartley really wants his defensemen gooning it up. Andy's skills are too good, he needs to stay on the ice.

Old
10-30-2003, 02:55 PM
Dr Love

There's a nice article on Sutton in today's AJC, mainly about his progression since being dealt from Minnesota (who the Thrashers face next).

Old
10-31-2003, 11:32 AM
ogczar

Send a message via AIM to ogczar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Love
There's a nice article on Sutton in today's AJC, mainly about his progression since being dealt from Minnesota (who the Thrashers face next).
Thanks for the heads up on the article. I had high hopes for Andy on the power play. He did manage to earn a bunch of assists last year along with penaltys. I guess with Exelby, there is no need to be a punisher. Let the rookie toss the gloves.

Old
11-05-2003, 02:02 PM
HughJass*

Send a message via AIM to HughJass* Send a message via Yahoo to HughJass*
From my observation from the two games I have watched of the Thrashers, Sutton & Exelby should go out of their way not to fight unless they have to. Those 2 guys are rock solid, and they have convinced me that the Thrashers defensively are better than I thought.

Old
11-05-2003, 03:27 PM
Tommi

This is overtopic, but what has happened to Frantisek Kaberle?

This Buffalo game is his 2nd game in row that he is healthy scratch. Wonder why? He has been good if not great in his first 11 games. Some problems with Hartley perhaps?

Old
11-05-2003, 04:38 PM
Koltsov71

vCash:
I was counting on Sutton for some points in my keeper pool. He has really disappointed me in that area. Why is he not getting any points?

There were 18 total points tonight (6 goals with 2 assists each) and he got nothing. And he's always playing 20+ minutes a night.

I don't get it.

Old
11-05-2003, 05:06 PM
Snyderman

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommi
This is overtopic, but what has happened to Frantisek Kaberle?

This Buffalo game is his 2nd game in row that he is healthy scratch. Wonder why? He has been good if not great in his first 11 games. Some problems with Hartley perhaps?
I have been wondering the same thing. There only two reasons I could think of. One Tjarnqvist is the same type player so when Tjarnqvist is added, Kaberle is deleted. Two he might be on the trade table. I'd hate to see him go, but if it is for a good offensive player besides Comrie. I would be all for it.

I wish they would call up Dipenta for a chance to shine. Tamer needs to sit a game or two, and I would like to see Dipenta take his spot. I didn't get a good enough look last year when he made a brief appearance. I liked what I saw but it was too brief to see how he would fit in.

Old
11-05-2003, 06:04 PM
tigger

Kaberle was scratched on Sunday due to his lackluster effort in the loss to Washington on Friday. He's going to have to wait until someone else works his way into the doghouse (best bets? Sutton or Tamer) to get back into the lineup. It's simply the way BH runs the show.

Old
11-05-2003, 06:49 PM
Snyderman

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigger
Kaberle was scratched on Sunday due to his lackluster effort in the loss to Washington on Friday. He's going to have to wait until someone else works his way into the doghouse (best bets? Sutton or Tamer) to get back into the lineup. It's simply the way BH runs the show.
Was this said to be the reason by Hartley? Because Kaberle has played too well in other games for one game to get him in the dog house. I'm still patiently waiting on a game where Tamer shows he is a NHL quality defensemen.

Old
11-05-2003, 07:05 PM
HughJass*

Send a message via AIM to HughJass* Send a message via Yahoo to HughJass*
Tamer is tamer. Everyone loves him (i.e., he's blowing someone) so he will always be in the NHL. LOL, just joking. Dipenta should be playing instead of him, but then again Tamer is the veteran presence they need on & off the ice.

I have no clue what's going on with Kaberle. Maybe he's injured, or maybe some of the rumors about Atlanta making a trade soon true. I'm sure a trade or an injury report will surface tomorrow concerning him. I didn't think he was playing bad...unless I missed something.

Old
11-05-2003, 08:32 PM
Blatny Spears

It was Tjarnqvist's turn to get in some game action and he has yet to play his way back into the pressbox. Kaberle is the player who's most similar to Tjarnqvist, so I'm guessing that's why he's been scratched. Tamer should sit in place of DiPenta? You must be a relative of close friend of Joe's.

Really, I've been pretty pleased with how all the defensemen have played this year. Each one has had a bad game or two, but overall, it's tough to single any one of them out to be a whipping boy. Sutton started out poorly, but he seems to have made big strides in the last two weeks or so.

Old
11-05-2003, 09:08 PM
Peter Sidorkiewicz
Kovalchuk Army

Is it just me but has Sutton's play been slightly disappointing on D. Compared to last season I know he can do better or was last season a fluke. I wouldn't call it a concern yet because he has been solid and the team and the D have been great this season but what to other people think.

Old
11-06-2003, 06:37 PM
Snyderman

vCash:
[QUOTE=Blatny Spears]Tamer should sit in place of DiPenta? You must be a relative of close friend of Joe's.[QUOTE]

Naw man. I'm too deep in the south to know any hockey players. I just feel for certain defensemen on the big club, we have a younger better clone in the minors: Tamer = Dipenta, Weaver; Tjarnqvist = Safronov; and Tremblay = Foster. Foster and Safronov didn't do anything to impress last year. But I wasn't anymore disappointed with Dipenta and Weaver than I have been with the way Tamer has played for the past year and a half. I didn't get to see Dipenta too long last year and was curious to see him again in a Thrashers uniform. I never go to preseason games so I haven't seen Dipenta enough to make an opinion on him. Could you give me the heads up. My opinion right now is that Tamer has too big of a contract to sit him on the bench, and DW likes to make the most of money spent. It helps us forget of all the money wasted on goaltenders.

Old
11-06-2003, 10:14 PM
Peter Sidorkiewicz
Kovalchuk Army

[QUOTE=Snyderman][QUOTE=Blatny Spears]Tamer should sit in place of DiPenta? You must be a relative of close friend of Joe's.
Quote:

Naw man. I'm too deep in the south to know any hockey players. I just feel for certain defensemen on the big club, we have a younger better clone in the minors: Tamer = Dipenta, Weaver; Tjarnqvist = Safronov; and Tremblay = Foster. Foster and Safronov didn't do anything to impress last year. But I wasn't anymore disappointed with Dipenta and Weaver than I have been with the way Tamer has played for the past year and a half. I didn't get to see Dipenta too long last year and was curious to see him again in a Thrashers uniform. I never go to preseason games so I haven't seen Dipenta enough to make an opinion on him. Could you give me the heads up. My opinion right now is that Tamer has too big of a contract to sit him on the bench, and DW likes to make the most of money spent. It helps us forget of all the money wasted on goaltenders.
Expect Tamer to be dealt during this season. He is an UFA at the end of the season and it always been Waddell's policy to deal players he is not keeping next season.

Old
11-07-2003, 02:39 PM
Tommi

Frantisek Kaberle is healthy scratch once again...

He has had 1 goal, 6 assists and +5 in 11 games and he has been healthy scratch 3 times in a row, what is going on in there?

Old
11-07-2003, 06:26 PM
QcS

very good question.. this is ridiculous and inexcusable.

Old
11-08-2003, 05:50 AM
The Sneak

Call me a Tamer apologist, but I'm a fan of his. He's old school. A hockey player's hockey player if you will. A guy that respects the traditions and has hockey honor. A guy that will ALWAYS stand up for a teammate, and that's a whole hell of a lot more than I can say for the majority of the shield wearing eurothrash we have on the blue line.

Am I going to argue that Tamer deserves Norris consideration? Tell you that I even think he's the most gifted on our blue line? Of course not. However, as a mentor to Exelby, and a club house presence I would think the Thrashers to be very short sighted if they let him go. Especially if this team continues to defy logic and makes a playoff run. Having guys like Tamer around during a stretch drive would be a huge positive.

Closed Thread