HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What Have the Kostitsyn Brothers Been Eating....

Closed Thread

Old
04-16-2006, 12:43 PM
Gardebut30

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtl6
For how many games was Bolland suspended?
I believe he's served all four already.

Old
04-16-2006, 03:25 PM
hydro1010

vCash: 500
sergei kostitsyn has been tearing up the O this year. After bolland was suspended and the knights down 2-1 in the series he took the team on his shoulders with 25 points in 10 playoff games. 2nd in playoff scoring only behind robbie schremp.

biggest steal of the draft

Old
04-16-2006, 03:39 PM
Pax Macioretty

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydro1010
sergei kostitsyn has been tearing up the O this year. After bolland was suspended and the knights down 2-1 in the series he took the team on his shoulders with 25 points in 10 playoff games. 2nd in playoff scoring only behind robbie schremp.

biggest steal of the draft
Witch we only took a chance being that he's Andrei's little brother, i could of only dreamed what Andrei would of done in the OHL, remember how dominating he was at last year's WJC playing on a very poor Belarussian team. Is Jarko Ruutu the equivalent of what Sergei can become?

Old
04-16-2006, 06:10 PM
JMMR

Send a message via MSN to JMMR Send a message via Yahoo to JMMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcel the great!
Witch we only took a chance being that he's Andrei's little brother, i could of only dreamed what Andrei would of done in the OHL, remember how dominating he was at last year's WJC playing on a very poor Belarussian team. Is Jarko Ruutu the equivalent of what Sergei can become?

When you say Jarko you mean Tuomo right?

Old
04-17-2006, 01:33 AM
Pax Macioretty

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMMR
When you say Jarko you mean Tuomo right?
what? he's very far from Tuomo's skill set, and he's more physical

Old
04-17-2006, 01:41 AM
MasterD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcel the great!
Jarkko Ruut
1997-98 HIFK Helsinki FNL 37 10 10 20
1998-99 HIFK Helsinki FNL 25 10 4 14
1999-00 Syracuse Crunch AHL 65 26 32
1999-00 Vancouver Canucks NHL 8 0 1 1
2000-01 Kansas-City Blades IHL 46 11 18 29
2000-01 Vancouver Canucks NHL 21 3 3 6

The guy never light up the numbers the way Kost JR. is... never.

I'm not saying Kost is all that talented or anything, never seen him play... but from what I hear, I say he could at least become a Bulis type of player offensive wise... with more grit

Old
04-17-2006, 02:34 AM
wholeshow*

how fast is kostitsyn junior?

Old
04-17-2006, 03:26 AM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrHockeyFan
Sergei has played really well in the playoffs for London. Bolland was suspended so things looked bad. But Kosty helped put Owen Sound out in 6 anyway.

Pivotal play in the series game 5 in OT: Kosty draws a delayed penalty behind the net and Sekera (good skating Def pick by Sabres) stops to argue about the call. Unfortunately for Sekera he has forgotten the play is still live and meanwhile Kosty who is down on the ice flips the puck out to Dylan Hunter (son of Dale Hunter) who is breaking to the net. Ouzas, OHL goalie of the year 2005, is not paying attention either. Game over. Kosty kept his focus.

The kid plays with an edge. I wouldn't call him small, more like average size. He is popular with his team mates. He does like to hit and has had some highlite reel efforts this year. Good speed and puck skills.

You could tell right from the 1st exhibition game that the kid was good. I hope his success continues
Does he compare to Schremp or Bolland in term of skills level.. potential..?

Does he play a good 2-way game?

I never had the chance to see him play..

Old
04-17-2006, 10:07 AM
Rahan

Can you smell what Kostitsyn's cookin?

Old
04-17-2006, 01:34 PM
Ryan O'Byrne

They must be eating special k

Old
04-17-2006, 01:38 PM
AH

Silver lining in an otherwise frustrating year.

Old
04-17-2006, 06:58 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by wholeshow
how fast is kostitsyn junior?

He has good speed and acceleration and he skates well. I'd guess and say he's faster then his brother.

Quote:
Does he compare to Schremp or Bolland in term of skills level.. potential..?

Does he play a good 2-way game?
Hard to compare them since I've only seen a couple London games all year. Schremp is easily one of the most skilled players in the OHL no doubt, don't think either Bolland or Kostitsyn are on his level.

Kostitsyn does need to work on his defensive game. It's hard to say but I'd guess and say that he seems to understand defensive hockey better then his brother did at the same age. Siarhei works harder then his brother, so he gives more of an effort in his own end, but still looks like he needs some work. I'd say getting stronger and working on his defensive play are the main things he needs to work on. Frankly I've been very impressed with him throughout the year and can't wait to see what he can do at the next level. It's hard not to get excited over all the points he's putting up but then again London has an insane PP and Kostitsyn is a big part why. With so many weapons on the PP, you can see why they have so much success, but next year their likely won't be as many skilled players on the 5 man PP, so it will be interesting to see how he responds.

Closed Thread