HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Great Game Tonight.

Closed Thread

Old
10-30-2003, 05:39 PM
Slangston

vCash: 500
Great Game Tonight.

As expected whenever these two teams get together. Big victory for the boys.

Zhitnik had a great night as I thought he was a horse on the back end. Kotalik looked strong, his best effort of the season. Drury, what can I say, he's a gamer.

Any other thoughts?

Old
10-30-2003, 05:48 PM
djhn579

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slangston_Hughes
As expected whenever these two teams get together. Big victory for the boys.

Zhitnik had a great night as I thought he was a horse on the back end. Kotalik looked strong, his best effort of the season. Drury, what can I say, he's a gamer.

Any other thoughts?
I was suprised to see the Sabres going to the net so much. I'm more used to them peeling off into the corners. They keep this up, they may make the playoffs yet!

Old
10-30-2003, 06:59 PM
lecherous

Send a message via AIM to lecherous
Fitzy is really starting to look like a solid, legit #2. Wow.

Old
10-30-2003, 07:22 PM
Bagel

Rory led the team in ice time and was a plus 3 tonight. I'm stunned.

Old
10-31-2003, 03:21 AM
WhoIsJimBob
Circle the Bandwagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagel
Rory led the team in ice time and was a plus 3 tonight. I'm stunned.
I'm not. Fitzy has worked hard in the offseason to finally play up to his potential. The guy was a 2nd round pick in 1993 by the Habs and was supposed to be a part of their blueline for years.

Some guys are just really late bloomers.

Or maybe it was the return to WNY that did him good?

Either way, I'm happy for the guy and he's been great for the team so far this season.

Old
10-31-2003, 08:44 AM
MLH

JB, you aren't stunned that it's over 10 games into the season and Rory Fitzpatrick is playing like a NHL caliber #2 or 3? I don't think there is anyone in the world that expected this. I thought that maybe he could be the year long #6 but I didn't expect this much out of him.

Old
10-31-2003, 09:42 AM
WhoIsJimBob
Circle the Bandwagon

With the way the rest of the defense corps for the Sabres has played this year not I'm stunned that Ruff has entrusted Fitzpatrick with as much ice time and responsibility as he's had.

And Fitzpatrick's ice time last night was largely due to his being paired with Zhitnik to allow Z to play the left side.

Heading into the season Fitzpatrick was the Sabres best all around RH defenseman. So putting him with Zhitnik isn't that big of a leap. Especially given the fact that Zhitnik is the only other Sabres defenseman that has been solid on more nights than not.

I'm more shocked with how poorly guys like Kalinin, Tallinder, and Delmore have played.

Old
10-31-2003, 09:48 AM
Kozak72

Quote:
Originally Posted by BartG101
JB, you aren't stunned that it's over 10 games into the season and Rory Fitzpatrick is playing like a NHL caliber #2 or 3? I don't think there is anyone in the world that expected this. I thought that maybe he could be the year long #6 but I didn't expect this much out of him.

I'm not that stunned either. He has been playing steady D since he was called up. Nothing flashy, but very effective. Does a great job defending the 2 on 1, so maybe he should be paired with Delmore.

Old
10-31-2003, 10:19 AM
blueshirts18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kozak72
I'm not that stunned either. He has been playing steady D since he was called up. Nothing flashy, but very effective. Does a great job defending the 2 on 1, so maybe he should be paired with Delmore.

I AGREE 100% WITH MOST OF YOU, FITZY HAS A LOT OF HEART AND A LOT OF SUPPORT FROM WNY, ESPECIALLY FROM ROCHESTER AND MYSELF WHO WENT TO SCHOOL WITH HIM.....THIS KID WILL GIVE IT HIS ALL 110% EVERY NIGHT.......KEEP HIM Z AND THEY SHOULD PUT SOME QUALITY CHANCES THIS YEAR.........GOOD LUCK SABRES, YOU GUYS ARE PLAYING SOME INSPIRED HOCKEY THIS SEASON........

BLUESHIRTS 18

LATE

Old
10-31-2003, 10:29 AM
MLH

I'm not knocking his play, I think he's been awesome. That being said if you told me that he would eventually be the #2 or #3 last year or even this offseason I would have had a chuckle. Therefore his play has "stunned" me and I think almost everyone else.

Old
10-31-2003, 10:43 AM
lecherous

Send a message via AIM to lecherous
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bob
I'm more shocked with how poorly guys like Kalinin, Tallinder, and Delmore have played.
I think Kalinin's headed in the right direction. Personally I thought he played a great game last night, and looks like he could be a 30-assists-a-year type D-man in the near future. His passing and playmaking skills have dramatically improved since last season, IMO. He hasn't been all that great in his own end so far this year, but he just turned 23 a few months ago, and it's 11 games into the season, so I'm willing to give him a little leway.

Closed Thread