HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT: Flyers @ Devils, 2006-04-16, 1:00PM

Old
04-16-2006, 02:08 PM
YanickDupre

vCash: 500
They've been playing so well lately, so I guess it's time they had a bad game.

The only disappointing thing is that they don't seem to want to leave a mark like they used to years ago. For the love of god hit somebody.

YanickDupre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2006, 02:09 PM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by YanickDupre
They've been playing so well lately, so I guess it's time they had a bad game.

The only disappointing thing is that they don't seem to want to leave a mark like they used to years ago. For the love of god hit somebody.
Playing well lately? They had one good game and stunk up a bunch of the previous ones. In fact, Thursday night against the Devils (the game before yesterday) was incredibly poor. It's time they had two good games in a row, not 6 bad games, one good game, then another bad game.

Dig Out Your Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2006, 02:09 PM
TheKingPin

so for us to win the division we have to win and the rangers and Devils have to lose. If the Rangers or Devils win they get it. I think montreal and Ottawa can win and we can beat the islanders but i think we are looking at a 6th seed against the devils who are going to win the division

TheKingPin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2006, 02:10 PM
sansan

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyerfanofthepeg
yeah, they own us in the reguler season
We beat them 3 times this season.

sansan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2006, 02:11 PM
Roger's Pancreas*

Send a message via AIM to Roger's Pancreas*
Can someone tell me why the scheduling has two divisional games back to back? That's ****ing ********. We all know that the team playing the night before is absolutely ****ed, simple as that. Bull ****.

Roger's Pancreas* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2006, 02:13 PM
Roger's Pancreas*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyndevil
Not sure how severe White is hurt. However, Lou looks pretty smart now by adding Lucowich and Klee.
You're in the wrong thread, no one here gives a damn.

Old
04-16-2006, 02:16 PM
sansan

Anyone know what happened to Goat?

Old
04-16-2006, 02:17 PM
kingjdv

Send a message via AIM to kingjdv
Quote:
Originally Posted by GagneOwnsYou
I think blaming Rathje is very shortsighted.

Like I said, It's no coincidence that Umberger-Carter-Dimitrakos were on for all four goals.
So...just out of curiosity...at what point in time does our defensive wiz of a coach change up that line. I know they are red hot offensively but with all the senseless line juggling he does at times...wouldn't that be a good time.

kingjdv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2006, 02:17 PM
TheKingPin

Quote:
Originally Posted by sansan
Anyone know what happened to Goat?
upper body injury that he got in the fight. I think its is a concussion. He got nailed in the back of the head a few times

Old
04-16-2006, 02:18 PM
RoDu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyersphan
upper body injury that he got in the fight. I think its is a concussion. He got nailed in the back of the head a few times
oh whoopee yet another brain bruise for the Flyers

RoDu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2006, 02:22 PM
RoDu

This team is not ready for the playoffs yet

Old
04-16-2006, 02:23 PM
RoDu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyndevil
Wow, we have more wins right now then either the Rangers or Flyers. Who would have ever thought.
wrong board, unless that is you're trolling

Old
04-16-2006, 02:24 PM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

Quote:
This team is not ready for the playoffs yet
Well I'll just call up Buttman and have him push it back a few weeks.

Dig Out Your Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2006, 02:24 PM
TheKingPin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyersphan
Guess we have to root for Ottawa...
actually at this point i am rooting for the Rangers, Isalanders and Montreal on Tuesday. That puts us with the Rangers, the Devils with Buffalo. What that also means is that we play Ottawa or Carolina in the second round if they both win in the first.

another good seneario is the Devils losing in OT, the Rangers losing and the Flyers winning. then we play the rangers with the home advantage. This is by far the best scenario actually.

Old
04-16-2006, 02:26 PM
Brooklyndevil
82nd Airborne

Quote:

Wrong Board. Sorry.

Brooklyndevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2006, 02:26 PM
DevilFisch

Send a message via ICQ to DevilFisch Send a message via AIM to DevilFisch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panasonic Youth
Can someone tell me why the scheduling has two divisional games back to back? That's ****ing ********. We all know that the team playing the night before is absolutely ****ed, simple as that. Bull ****.
Yell at the Olympics, which compacted the schedule.

DevilFisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2006, 02:27 PM
Ronnie Bass
elite pissy upside

Awards:
Quote:
Relax, he thought he was in the Devils GDT. No harm.

04-16-2006, 02:30 PM
RoDu

Scehdule, Olympicws, poor officiating. Bottom line is the team is inconsistant. Be it because of bad coaching or no chemistry or slow defense. The team is inconsistant and won't last long come playoff time. They've been an under .500 team since the road trip some months back. Too many centres for one.

Old
04-16-2006, 02:31 PM
BobbyClarkeFan16

Well, I'm not sure what to say. You'd think that when this team faces a critical game, they're always up for it. I just don't get it anymore. Young faces or not in the lineup, there's something that is really off in Philadelphia.

I'm really beginning to wonder if there is some sort of conflict that is happening in the locker room right now. You'll never hear anyone say that there is controversy in the locker room because Hitch himself has said that that is a word that is never mentioned in the locker room. However, the way this team has played for pretty much the 2nd half of the season, you've got to wonder what else is going on. Injuries aside, there is more than enough talent here to not be as indecisive as this team is. I mean, to be up 19 points on Jersey and to be leading the division to only watch things fall apart, I'm just stunned.

I think that the whole "veteran committee" Hitch uses has to go and it's time that the players hold a player's only meeting and air out whatever is going on. This is also something that Primeau should be at, because even though he didn't play this season, this is still his team. Hatcher only has the C because they needed someone to wear it. Hatcher has been an embarassment as captain and it's time that someone like Primeau spell it out for everyone.

I'm also wondering if Hitch is losing the team. People will say no because he does get results, well, so have other coaches, but they've still ended up losing control of their teams. I sometimes wonder if Bobby Clarke has lost his touch. I mean, he's put together a team that can be used as an offensive machine, but they don't fit the system that is employed by Hitch. Then, Clarke goes out and signs two behemoth defensemen because "we need size to handle the Kovalchuks and the Jagrs", yet they get consistently burned by smaller guys. I just don't get it. No heart on this team whatsoever and that's a real shame.

I'm hoping that if Hitch has his way, he can get Clarke to jettison some players. It's time to move out the trash. Hatcher has been a cancer on this team. Ever since they named him captain, this team has gone completely down hill. As far as I'm concerned, I hold him responsible for what has happened to this team.

BobbyClarkeFan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2006, 02:34 PM
Roger's Pancreas*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilFisch
Yell at the Olympics, which compacted the schedule.
I don't give a flying **** about the compacted schedule, it's the set up I'm upset with. One week into the season the Flyers had a week long lay off. Don't you think someone with half a brain would have looked at that and said "gee that's not too bright" ? Instead, we have a break one week into the season and three sets of back to back games in the last month, two of which included division rivals!

Blame needs to be put where it belongs though, the Flyers atleast could have mustered some form of effort today.

Old
04-16-2006, 02:35 PM
kingjdv

There is talk on the post game show that Esche had words with someone on the bench when he was pulled. Hitch told a reporter "None of your business" when asked what was said so thats pretty much a lock that there was an argument somewhere.

Old
04-16-2006, 02:38 PM
sansan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingjdv
There is talk on the post game show that Esche had words with someone on the bench when he was pulled. Hitch told a reporter "None of your business" when asked what was said so thats pretty much a lock that there was an argument somewhere.
Yikes. That doesn't sound good. I don't think Esche should have been playing today in the first place. Stomach flu isn't something you get over in a day.

Old
04-16-2006, 02:40 PM
kingjdv

Also, Gauts has an ear lasceration. No mention of a concussion.

Old
04-16-2006, 02:40 PM
RoDu

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16
I'm really beginning to wonder if there is some sort of conflict that is happening in the locker room right now. You'll never hear anyone say that there is controversy in the locker room because Hitch himself has said that that is a word that is never mentioned in the locker room. However, the way this team has played for pretty much the 2nd half of the season, you've got to wonder what else is going on. Injuries aside, there is more than enough talent here to not be as indecisive as this team is. I mean, to be up 19 points on Jersey and to be leading the division to only watch things fall apart, I'm just stunned.
In any other season than this, Rathje and Hatcher may have been good signings. They could still clutch and grab and manhandle opposing players with the refs doing nothing about it. but now that they can't lay a hand on anyone, and they actually have to be able to skate and play positionaly, they're looking like dinosaurs

Old
04-16-2006, 02:42 PM
TheKingPin

Quote:
Originally Posted by sansan
Yikes. That doesn't sound good. I don't think Esche should have been playing today in the first place. Stomach flu isn't something you get over in a day.
Yea I agree Esche looked slow but he was puking the day before and could have been on medication.

Update Forsberg basically said that he wouldnt play if this was the playoffs. Gotti has a ear laceration.

Forsberg shouldnt practice or do anything other than stretch till next friday or Saterday. Same with nedved or anyone else that is hurting.