HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Latendresse for playoffs?

Closed Thread

Old
04-16-2006, 03:50 PM
Mtl6

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TornACL
Well, as far as I am concerned, I believe Latendresse was one of the best Habs during pre-season. This was a justifiable reason to keep him with the team.
Actually no, it's not a good reason. He wouldn't of been good for his developpement.

Old
04-16-2006, 03:51 PM
Dan K
HFBoards Partner

Send a message via MSN to Dan K
Quote:
Well, as far as I am concerned, I believe Latendresse was one of the best Habs during pre-season. This was a justifiable reason to keep him with the team.
Marcell Hossa was also one of the best Habs during preseason.

Old
04-16-2006, 03:54 PM
TornACL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtl6
Actually no, it's not a good reason. He wouldn't of been good for his developpement.
I don't know a lot about hockey, but I have the feeling that putting the best players one the ice is a good way of winning.

Old
04-16-2006, 03:55 PM
Dan K
HFBoards Partner

Quote:
I don't know a lot about hockey, but I have the feeling that putting the best players one the ice is a good way of winning.
Obviously. The only thing is, 3 or 4 preseason games doesn't tell you who the best players are.

Old
04-16-2006, 03:57 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:

And Gainey/Savard don't agree with you. I heard Savard say that Lats wasn't even close to making the team, but it's a moot point now.

Old
04-16-2006, 03:58 PM
TornACL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuuuuu
Obviously. The only thing is, 3 or 4 preseason games doesn't tell you who the best players are.
Anyway, right now is too late to call Latendresse back.
It was either from the beginning of the season or nothing

Old
04-16-2006, 04:02 PM
Dan K
HFBoards Partner

Quote:
Anyway, right now is too late to call Latendresse back.
It was either from the beginning of the season or nothing
Yes, I agree, but the point is you blatantly stated he should have stayed with us from the start of the year, which has basically no backing.

Kostitsyn and/or Lapierre (depending on what role they want filled) are likely to be inserted in case of injury or anything like that.

Begin should be back, so that will glue Sundstrom to the press box. I'd rather see Downey out there than Nicklas, though.

Old
04-16-2006, 04:07 PM
KOMO_ROCKS

Send a message via ICQ to KOMO_ROCKS
We still have to make the playoffs

Old
04-16-2006, 04:16 PM
HabsoluteFate

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOMO_ROCKS
We still have to make the playoffs
That's a good point...just a few days ago i thought it was a formality for the habs to make the playoffs but now i could see it hapenning...i will be very disapointing if we still cannot clinch a playoff spot...
the way Atlanta has been playing i wouldn't put it pass them that they could actually win their last two contests...
I could see Tampa Bay win their last game...this means Montreal has to come out on Tuesday and play their "A" game...this means players like Koivu & Kovalev will have to bring their level of play up
It would be dissapointing to see the Habs lose the playoffs because of 1 measly little point but it wouldnt be a first as it happened years ago when all Montreal had to do was at least get a tie against Ottawa in their last game of the season and they couldn't even manage to do that

Old
04-16-2006, 04:24 PM
westcoast habsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien
Judging by the last couple of games Chipchura played against the Marlies, I would suggest he would be a great guy to have around. I wouldn't be half surprised if he could step into the lineup and not look out of place. (But putting him in the lineup is not really a realistic gamble to take right now). It'd definitely be a good idea to have him hanging around the team if we make the playoffs, though.

You don't want too much of a circus of players called up, but Cote, Lapierre, Danis, Kostitsyn, AND Chipchura should all be Black Aces, IMHO.

I agree, and after seeing Chip play for the Bulldogs I think he can help this team now. He has a very mature game. He is defensively responsable, is a very strong penalty killer, and is a very solid, and smart forechecker. He's just so strong on the puck and along the boards.

Chip isn't going to be in the ahl for long. I would like to see him called up right now, and even if he doesn't stick at the beginning of next year, my bet is his first call-up to the NHL will be his last one.

Old
04-16-2006, 04:26 PM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsoluteFate
That's a good point...just a few days ago i thought it was a formality for the habs to make the playoffs but now i could see it hapenning...i will be very disapointing if we still cannot clinch a playoff spot...
the way Atlanta has been playing i wouldn't put it pass them that they could actually win their last two contests...
I could see Tampa Bay win their last game...this means Montreal has to come out on Tuesday and play their "A" game...this means players like Koivu & Kovalev will have to bring their level of play up
It would be dissapointing to see the Habs lose the playoffs because of 1 measly little point but it wouldnt be a first as it happened years ago when all Montreal had to do was at least get a tie against Ottawa in their last game of the season and they couldn't even manage to do that

Finally somebody who is making sense on this board !

I am looking forward to see all the excuses on wednesday morning after the Habs elimination !

Old
04-16-2006, 04:30 PM
Dan K
HFBoards Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by habitué

I am looking forward to see all the excuses on wednesday morning after the Habs elimination !
Then stop trolling please. If you're looking forward to reading excuses as to why we were eliminated, you're clearly not a Habs fan.

Old
04-16-2006, 04:37 PM
Habitant#1

:
Quote:

I thought fans wanted ther team to win?

Old
04-16-2006, 06:52 PM
HabsoluteFate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habitant#1
:

I thought fans wanted ther team to win?
I want my team to win...all my post was stating is how dissapointed i would be should they lose and not make the playoffs...unfortunately it could happen.

Old
04-16-2006, 07:19 PM
Taupy

Quote:

So if we make the playoff, you get out of the board and go whine with the Leafs?

Closed Thread