Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Guelph Vs. London Predicitons

Closed Thread

Old
04-16-2006, 12:55 PM
southpaw24

vCash: 500
Guelph Vs. London Predicitons

Just wondering what you all think will happen. Would like to see Macker get a little bit of redemption for being traded before the Mem Cup. I am biased towards guelph just cuz i grew up playing hockey and ball and drinkin beer with the guy but i do think that if Guelph plays to their potential they could take it in 6 or 7

Old
04-16-2006, 01:16 PM
toomanymen

I'm a biased London fan so I'm calling them in six or seven. They will have Bolland back, plus I talked to Rediker and he's cleared for Friday, so he may go Thursday. The rest will certainly help Beaulieau and Foreman a lot. Macker is the wild card, does he stone them or if they get a few by him does he melt? I always liked him in London and was sad for him when he got traded, but we can't argue the results. The other thing is the emergence of Drummond. He was fantastic the last three games of the series. I think he finally realized he could be the fastest skater in the Western conference and put it to use. I hope the refereeing doesn't interfere w/ what should be a great series.

Old
04-16-2006, 01:24 PM
MomentsofSanity

I liken this series to the Owen Sound series. Guelph has a far superior defensive corps, but Londons offensive unit is head and shoulders above. Then you have Macker... This series has the opportunity to go either way depending on who steps up and who forgets to come to play.

Guelph has always played London hard and this year has been no exception. We all remember what happened two years ago when Guelph knocked London out. Personally I think Guelph was the stronger then but this year...

Just hope it is a clean series and may the best team win.

Last edited by MomentsofSanity: 04-16-2006 at 01:47 PM.
Old
04-16-2006, 01:37 PM
FearTheFlyers

London in 7.

Old
04-16-2006, 01:42 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Can't wait to see this series. D'Agostini vs Kostitsyn for Hab fans! Both guys have been putting up impressive numbers in the playoffs, I expect London to win but either way I hope to see some good hockey.

Old
04-16-2006, 04:08 PM
JrHockeyFan

Hmmmm

Tough to say how many games. I think London in 6

It will definitely be strength on strength.

Oddly enough, I think Mackers fate was determined in that '04 final against Guelph. After that there was always that question mark. Sorry to see him miss out on the Mem Cup, but I really do not think London would be doing as well THIS year if it was Macker instead of Dennis. Adam has had to do the job with a much less experienced D-corp in front of him. The guy is very tough mentally.

Old
04-16-2006, 04:13 PM
go_leafs_go02

vCash: 695
Though a Knights fan, I just don't see guelph as a strong team it seems. I think Owen Sound was their biggest test, and although I think the knights will have fits in the final against the Petes (if they do advance) I'm gonna take Knights in 5. Really, I don't see the Knights having too much difficulty, especially if the storm is undisciplined, and gives the knights numerous PP opportunities.

Old
04-16-2006, 05:48 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Callahan will dominate the series

Storm in 6.

Old
04-16-2006, 08:15 PM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88
Callahan will dominate the series

Storm in 6.
Good to have you aboard, FLY!

Old
04-16-2006, 08:16 PM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_leafs_go02
Though a Knights fan, I just don't see guelph as a strong team it seems. I think Owen Sound was their biggest test, and although I think the knights will have fits in the final against the Petes (if they do advance) I'm gonna take Knights in 5. Really, I don't see the Knights having too much difficulty, especially if the storm is undisciplined, and gives the knights numerous PP opportunities.
Well, the Storm AREN'T undisciplined. I wouldn't rely on the PP bailing the Knights out when they get outworked. You haven't been watching if you think this won't be their biggest test.

Old
04-16-2006, 08:30 PM
STS44

London in 6 - Good to hear Rediker is cleared to play, lets hope he stays healthy
though. Schremp is due to explode at any time and Bolland is well rested after
his suspension and I'm sure ready to get going .... Edge in goal to London - Dennis is mentally tough and a proven consistent winner. Defense edge to Guelph with Parent and Wharton almost on a par with Sanguinetti and Sekera. Offense to London basically due to the PP - Callahan loves to play against the Knights and is sure to be a force for the Storm. Will good defense beat great offense? Let the games begin!

Old
04-16-2006, 09:41 PM
storm fan

Don't underestimate McDonald in goal this series. If he plays like he did in the first three games against Plymouth, he will keep the boys in the running. Should be a test between the two goalies, Dennis and McDonald, both capable of putting on a show.

Old
04-17-2006, 12:54 AM
MomentsofSanity

From the looks of this, the one thing most of us agree on... This will be THE series of this years playoffs.

Old
04-17-2006, 07:34 AM
thomasincanada

Quote:
Originally Posted by trippyime
Well, the Storm AREN'T undisciplined. I wouldn't rely on the PP bailing the Knights out when they get outworked. You haven't been watching if you think this won't be their biggest test.
I agree wholeheartedly. I think any London fans who think this will not be a huge test haven't been watching the games between the two. Guelph has played London tough all year.

Going into this years playoffs the two teams that I figured would be the biggest roadblocks were Guelph & Peterborough. I believe both are capable of beating London if they play hard & disciplined.

That being said I'm still picking London in 6 or 7.

Old
04-17-2006, 11:42 AM
Boomhower

One problem with Rediker coming back is in the past he has taken about 3 or 4 minor penalties a game for the first 5 or 6 games when he returns from long injury layoffs.

Eventually he settles in and drops down to 1 or 2 per game.... but if history repeats, Rediker will be a human PP opportunity for the Storm.

Old
04-17-2006, 11:58 AM
thomasincanada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomhower
Eventually he settles in and drops down to 1 or 2 per game.... but if history repeats, Rediker will be a human PP opportunity for the Storm.
I wouldn't worry about it. He'll be hurt again soon enough. I don't wish injury to him at all but it's pretty much inevitable given his history.

If vegas did an over/under on when he'll be injured again it would be around 2 periods.

Old
04-17-2006, 02:27 PM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomhower
One problem with Rediker coming back is in the past he has taken about 3 or 4 minor penalties a game for the first 5 or 6 games when he returns from long injury layoffs.

I'm dead serious when I say this:

Giving the Storm about 10 PPs per game is actually a good strategy to beat them. You'll see what I'm talking about soon enough.

Old
04-17-2006, 02:31 PM
hockeyfan85

Same with the Knights recently... way too many SHGs against them (and for too, I guess).

I agree, it is definitely going to be a very tough series. Hopefully the Knights will pull through. We'll see if Dennis can keep the streak of - whoever has Dennis wins - going!

Old
04-17-2006, 03:24 PM
London Knights

6 games like last series, Knights actually outplay their opponent for the mostpart though.

Old
04-17-2006, 04:55 PM
STS44

I actually think Guelph will be the Knights big test as the Storm have consistently played their best hockey against the Knights. If theKnights get into the league final I think they will be so pumped I don't see them losing. On the PP though Rob Schremp has to stop trying to put the puck through the goalie with a slapshot. He has a tremendously accurate and deadly wrist shot that he can place basically where ever he wants but has fallen into the bad habit of slapping everything especially during this goal less streak he is in and it usually goes into the goalie , over the net or ten feet wide and kills the play. If he gets going that will free Bolland up on the opposite side then the Storm will have to think twice on who to pay more attention too and also free up more room for Kostistyn and Hunter .... Looking forward to this series!

Old
04-17-2006, 07:42 PM
JrHockeyFan

Well

Quote:
Originally Posted by STS44
I actually think Guelph will be the Knights big test as the Storm have consistently played their best hockey against the Knights. If theKnights get into the league final I think they will be so pumped I don't see them losing. On the PP though Rob Schremp has to stop trying to put the puck through the goalie with a slapshot. He has a tremendously accurate and deadly wrist shot that he can place basically where ever he wants but has fallen into the bad habit of slapping everything especially during this goal less streak he is in and it usually goes into the goalie , over the net or ten feet wide and kills the play. If he gets going that will free Bolland up on the opposite side then the Storm will have to think twice on who to pay more attention too and also free up more room for Kostistyn and Hunter .... Looking forward to this series!
Robbie makes his mind up what he will do and does it. If that shot does not go into the net it often creates rebounds. The slappers at wide open nets do drive me crazy though. Schremp is Schremp. I am happy to take what he brings to the club.

Old
04-17-2006, 07:46 PM
WhiskeyYourTheDevils

london in 7

Old
04-17-2006, 08:01 PM
barfy2000

My prediction is that it's going to be a hell of a series, one way or the other.

Old
04-17-2006, 09:56 PM
jwalk

Peterborough must be licking their chops ( not that Barrie will be any cakewalk). Whoever staggers out of this one may well be spent for the final.

Old
04-17-2006, 10:10 PM
JrHockeyFan

Huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwalk
Peterborough must be licking their chops ( not that Barrie will be any cakewalk). Whoever staggers out of this one may well be spent for the final.
Peterborough will have their hands full with Barrie so i am not sure why they would be licking their chops. Since February, the Petes have actually been kind of ordinary. The 67s gave them all they could handle.

Closed Thread