HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bouillon against NJ?

Closed Thread

Old
04-17-2006, 03:05 AM
NewHabsEra*

vCash: 500
Bouillon against NJ?

It looks like the Cube could be back for the last game of the season!

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/202418.html

Old
04-17-2006, 03:15 AM
InGaineyWeTrust*

is he really a better alternative to streit, especially after a long injury

Old
04-17-2006, 03:22 AM
Stefan

Send a message via MSN to Stefan
Quote:
Originally Posted by in gainey we trust
Yeah.

Old
04-17-2006, 03:26 AM
Clumsyhab

If Caps beats Atlanta tomorrow, I'm OK with Bouillon back tuesday. If tuesday is a must win game, then I'd go with Streit. However, I prefer Bouillon to Streit in playoffs.

Old
04-17-2006, 03:27 AM
InGaineyWeTrust*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHabsRule
Yeah.
lol i dont think that boullion will make a difference but i know that we need begin back....pls come back steve!

Old
04-17-2006, 03:34 AM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clumsyhab
If Caps beats Atlanta tomorrow, I'm OK with Bouillon back tuesday. If tuesday is a must win game, then I'd go with Streit. However, I prefer Bouillon to Streit in playoffs.
If the Caps win, then I'd sit Bouillon just to make sure all is good.

Old
04-17-2006, 04:14 AM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by in gainey we trust
no doubt..

Old
04-17-2006, 04:24 AM
JMMR

Send a message via MSN to JMMR Send a message via Yahoo to JMMR
It is not a huge risk if Bouillon replaces Streit, although this may push Gainey to dress 7 defenders, not wanting to play a man short on the back end. That would also allow double shifting of Kovalev or whatever forward Bob deems necessary.

Old
04-17-2006, 06:14 AM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

I think the habs lost a lot of energy when Begin went down.

I think Bouillon's style of play brings some of that energy back to the bench which other players can feed off of. That's an element to the game that Streit cannot bring.

I'm sure Franky feels like a leashed pitbull who has been taunted for weeks but is just about to be unleashed.

We'll need that kind of energy and inspiration to knock off the surging devils

Old
04-17-2006, 06:21 AM
Mike8

The team can certainly use Bouillon's speed. I don't particularly like his ability to make an outlet pass, but he can carry the puck well through the neutral zone with speed--certainly much better than Streit or Simpson, and likely better than any other Hab defenseman (including Markov--who prefers to weave through his opposition). This can help generate offense against a trapping team.

The other Montreal defenseman I'd like to see do more of this is Dandenault. He was effective at the beginning of the year when he utilized his speed to come up through the neutral zone.

Strange feeling to be thinking of Dandenault and Bouillon and how they can be two of the more effective players against NJ....

Old
04-17-2006, 06:26 AM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8
The team can certainly use Bouillon's speed. I don't particularly like his ability to make an outlet pass, but he can carry the puck well through the neutral zone with speed--certainly much better than Streit or Simpson, and likely better than any other Hab defenseman (including Markov--who prefers to weave through his opposition). This can help generate offense against a trapping team.

The other Montreal defenseman I'd like to see do more of this is Dandenault. He was effective at the beginning of the year when he utilized his speed to come up through the neutral zone.

Strange feeling to be thinking of Dandenault and Bouillon and how they can be two of the more effective players against NJ....
The frustrating thing about Streit is that sometimes, he makes a play where he gives himself good options but he never picks the best option....especially on the PP. For example, he will float a shot on net chest high (no screen) when he could pass to the sideboards. Or he tightropes the blueline and buys more time for options to open up and when it looks like he's made a great play because the options have opened up, he passes to the wrong guy.

I hope its just a case of him fighting confidence issues. Otherwise, its just bad hockey sense for the NHL level.

Old
04-17-2006, 06:27 AM
Mike8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett
The frustrating thing about Streit is that sometimes, he makes a play where he gives himself good options but he never picks the best option....especially on the PP. For example, he will float a shot on net chest high (no screen) when he could pass to the sideboards. Or he tightropes the blueline and buys more time for options to open up and when it looks like he's made a great play because the options have opened up, he passes to the wrong guy.

I hope its just a case of him fighting confidence issues. Otherwise, its just bad hockey sense for the NHL level.
I think it's just an adjustment period.

I like the way Streit pinches in on the PP, and looks for the back-door threat.

Old
04-17-2006, 10:20 AM
DicAnns

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMMR
It is not a huge risk if Bouillon replaces Streit, although this may push Gainey to dress 7 defenders, not wanting to play a man short on the back end. That would also allow double shifting of Kovalev or whatever forward Bob deems necessary.
There you go!

If Bouillon is in the lineup tomorrow: 7 Dmen, Kovy double shifted.

Closed Thread