HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Baby leafs D

Closed Thread

Old
10-29-2003, 11:11 AM
VanW27

vCash: 500
Baby leafs D

There are 10 quality defenders on the farm.
-kondratiev
-colaiacovo
-pilar
-bell
-turon
-chartier
-harrison
-hedin
-kelly
-moro
And for the most part they have all been playing well. Carlo,Hedin, Harrison,have all been very good,not to mention Kondi has been playing with the big club and was impressive in his first game in the minors scoring a goal add to that pilar by all accounts having very strong game also scoring a goal in his first action of the season. Than you have guys who have been good players on the team the last few tears (Moro, kelly, Chartier) Than bell and turon who need ice time to develop.

What are they gonna do? Will they package one or more of them in a major deal or trade a defensive prospect or two for some young offensive talent or will they just send some of them down to memphis.
Personally i would like to see some defensive prospects moved for a quality forward prospect. What do you think?

Old
10-30-2003, 04:05 AM
Joey24

Send a message via ICQ to Joey24
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanwychen27
-kondratiev
-colaiacovo
-pilar
-bell
-turon
-chartier
-harrison
-hedin
-kelly
-moro
And for the most part they have all been playing well. Carlo,Hedin, Harrison,have all been very good,not to mention Kondi has been playing with the big club and was impressive in his first game in the minors scoring a goal add to that pilar by all accounts having very strong game also scoring a goal in his first action of the season. Than you have guys who have been good players on the team the last few tears (Moro, kelly, Chartier) Than bell and turon who need ice time to develop.

What are they gonna do? Will they package one or more of them in a major deal or trade a defensive prospect or two for some young offensive talent or will they just send some of them down to memphis.
Personally i would like to see some defensive prospects moved for a quality forward prospect. What do you think?
They have to make a deal I am guessing for some help on the forward lines. They are just to log jammed on defense it's just stupid to carry this many defenseman.

Old
10-31-2003, 04:14 AM
Skidley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey24
They have to make a deal I am guessing for some help on the forward lines. They are just to log jammed on defense it's just stupid to carry this many defenseman.

Agreed...There will be an evalution of talent for an extended period of time and then Jr. will pull the trigger on a deal for some forward help...whether it be prospects or picks.

Old
11-01-2003, 06:04 AM
sjmapleleafsfan

Defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanwychen27
-kondratiev
-colaiacovo
-pilar
-bell
-turon
-chartier
-harrison
-hedin
-kelly
-moro

vanwychen27,
I think that Pilar will be in Toronto soon. That will leave Colaiacovo, Hedin, Kondratiev, Bell, Harrison, Chartier, Kelly, Moro and Turon here in St. John's. I think that Turon will be sent to Memphis soon. That will leave Colaiacovo, Hedin, Kondratiev, Bell, Harrison, Chartier, Kelly and Moro. After that it is anyone guess. Unless the Leafs coaching staff decides to sit 2 each game, or go with 7 defensemen and sit one each game.

sjmapleleafsfan

Old
11-01-2003, 06:08 AM
sjmapleleafsfan

Defensemen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey24
Joey24,
Carrying that many defensemen is not the ideal situation but it is how the coaching staff handles the situation that will be key. It is good to have a few extra defensemen around in case of injuries. We have to remember that they play 82 games at the AHL level and it is a long tough season. As long as one or two of the d-men do not sit out weeks at a time.

sjmapleleafsfan

Closed Thread