HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Quote from NY Times

Closed Thread

Old
10-31-2003, 02:10 AM
Edge

vCash: 500
Quote from NY Times

Quote:
After playing a season-high 16 minutes 40 seconds, the 22-year-old Lundmark, who was moved onto Messier's line after Simon was ejected, said an opportunity like last night's "might not have come around for another 20 games."

"Maybe this game won't change anything," he said. "But maybe it can show what I can do, too."
If there was any doubt that this teams reputation preceeds it with its few young players, this is it right here. I mean these quotes have been coming from our kids since 1998 with Malhotra. How sad is it that in 2003 we still see doubt in a kids quote when it comes to opportunities, even after one of the best games of his young career.

Personally i thought he played well in the first seven games but unlike Carter and Rucinsky wasnt given 17 mins, a lot of even strength time and put on a scoring line. I'm sorry, i am not saying he is the second coming but last year and this year this kid has proved to me he belongs in the NHL and his lack of eye popping offensive numbers is more a result of his lack of chances than his short comings. This kid has done everything asked of him since being drafted. He's changed positions, bulked up, dedicated himself in the offseason, played on the 4th line, played as a checking winger and hasn't looked horrible at it {which is very nice considering he was never drafted for his defense}. This kid deserves a chance and if not here then he's gonna prove it somewhere else.

Against Anaheim his line easily could have had a few points as well {with mess and carter}. His play has impressed me and yet i know in my heart things are going to go right back to normal. No matter how out of place Hlvac and Rucinsky look, Lundmark's gonna be on the backburner.

I gurantee any of you that if Lundmark were on just about any other team he probably would have had 14 goals, 30 points last year and 18 goals and 40 points wouldnt be out of the question this year. instead he'll be lucky to get half that and though this board is above average in its knowledge we all know there would be someone out there who'd be yelling that lundmark was invisible, etc. {won't name names}. Heck one might even argue he would've been playing as an 18 year old after the camp he had with the Rangers.

Old
10-31-2003, 04:12 AM
33teddy33

Send a message via ICQ to 33teddy33 Send a message via AIM to 33teddy33 Send a message via Yahoo to 33teddy33
Nicely put.
Tired of seeing the Rangers waste money on vets who come to NY and peter out. Its seriously getting old. The Ranger system has traded away too many players in their youth who seem to excel elsewhere. Meanwhile, back in Gotham city, we just get more & more frustrated and our vets don't make the playoffs - year in / year out.
Give the youth, especially when it comes to talent such as Lundy, ice time.
Stop wasting ice slots for people like Messier who has lost a couple steps. Sorry Mess - you are one of the greatest players of all time in this Ranger fans belief, but so was Gordie, and I do not want to see you play into your golden years, past your prime - and get laughed off the ice. Know when to say when. Thanks for '94, but.... c'mon.
(okay - flame away)
But, I second the motion, if guys aren't producing bench their *****. That is Slats problem these days. It was different in the 80's - you didn't have these salaries and inflated ego's you deal with today back in the '80's. Is Keenan the only guy who'll bench a "Leetch" to prove a point these days?
Okay..... I am getting a little emotional. Sorry for the rant.

Yeah. Give Lundy more time.

Old
10-31-2003, 04:48 AM
OldBlueshirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge
If there was any doubt that this teams reputation preceeds it with its few young players, this is it right here.
Agreed. If you hadn't posted the quote, I would have because it does sum up rather succinctly how things have been.

Closed Thread