HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Brandon Dubinsky to Hartford!

Old
04-17-2006, 11:15 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

vCash: 500
Brandon Dubinsky to Hartford!

Just heard that General Manager Ken Hodge of the Portland Winter Hawks (Dubinsky's Junior team) just annouced in a interview that the Rangers and Dubinsky have agreed to a contract and Dubinsky will be leaving for Hartford tomorrow.

Im sure there will be a link out tomorrow morning on this for confirmation.

Edit - http://ordinaryleastsquare.typepad.c...shirtbulletin/ is now reporting it as well.

Last edited by FLYLine24: 04-17-2006 at 11:56 PM.
FLYLine24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2006, 11:16 PM
NYR fan 2

Send a message via AIM to NYR fan 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88
Sorry not link yet(so I included rumor in the title), but General Manager Mr. Hodge of the Portland Winter Hawks (Dubinsky Junior team) just annouced in a interview that the Rangers and Dubinsky have agreed to a contract and Dubinsky will be leaving for Hartford tomorrow.

Im sure there will be a link out tomorrow morning on this for confirmation.

They just keep on getting better and better!

Good news, thanks FLY.

NYR fan 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2006, 11:20 PM
Balej20*

Wow, how are they gonna fit all these guys in the lineup?

Looks like Immonen is def. gonna stick with the Rangers

Balej20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2006, 11:27 PM
romba

Send a message via AIM to romba
Wowowow!

Yeah I guess the Rangers feel Immonen doesn't have more to prove in the AHL especially with his solid play in the NHL. Hehe, I hope everyone gets along. Good news FLY!

romba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2006, 11:28 PM
TheRedressor

yeah, cause it sounds like Rucchin is not gonna play against Ottawa.

Good thing for Hartford that Dubinsky is a center. Hartford is running low on those

TheRedressor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2006, 11:32 PM
Korpido

Hartford is stacked!

I love it

Korpido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2006, 11:41 PM
Kovy274Hart

Send a message via AIM to Kovy274Hart
Cool stuff.

Kovy274Hart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2006, 11:45 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by romba
Wowowow!

Yeah I guess the Rangers feel Immonen doesn't have more to prove in the AHL especially with his solid play in the NHL. Hehe, I hope everyone gets along. Good news FLY!

but he scratched immonen in favor of hossa

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2006, 11:55 PM
Kovy274Hart

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOrtmeyer41
but he scratched immonen in favor of hossa

And Hossa scored two games in a row and was one of the only forwards who showed up. He stays in the lineup.

I would try to get Immonen back in there. But not sure who sits.

Old
04-17-2006, 11:57 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovy274Hart
And Hossa scored two games in a row and was one of the only forwards who showed up. He stays in the lineup.

hossa will be invisible , at least if immonen aint scoring he keeps skating and backchecks, hossa stops skating sometimes, he aint jagr, he cant do that.

Old
04-18-2006, 12:25 AM
Pizza

Fantastic news!!!! Nice going Fly. Way to get us Ranger addicts our fix.

Really glad they are getting him to Hartford.

In many ways Dubinsky has evolved into one of our most important prospects. Good size, better talent and a fierce competitor as well.

He may piss a few people off in Hartford with his confrontational approach, but down the road he could be a real leader. The kid just wants to win very very badly.

Great to see that Ranger management has it's priorities straight, and realizes how important it is to get these core prospects on the ice together as soon as possible.

Let the Darwinian Mosh Pit begin!!!

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2006, 12:29 AM
dedalus

Well this year's AHL playoffs are going to be as interesting as the NHL's. A lot of the potential future has now joined the pro ranks.

dedalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2006, 12:30 AM
romba

Send a message via AIM to romba
Checkers fans are gonna be real pissed next year. Supposedly they don't like Rangers prospects playing on the Checkers because they're just passing through and so the fans look for excuses on why the player makes the team worse etc.

romba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2006, 12:38 AM
Kovy274Hart

Quote:
hossa will be invisible , at least if immonen aint scoring he keeps skating and backchecks, hossa stops skating sometimes, he aint jagr, he cant do that.

Hossa will play. Renney will bank on the fact he scored the last two games and showed some semblance of life and hope he can ride that into the playoffs. Bank on it.

Old
04-18-2006, 01:24 AM
Transported Upstater

I really like Dubinsky. Called the "most disliked player in the WHL" by some people. One of the most annoying and chippy guys around, with skill to boot.

Transported Upstater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2006, 01:27 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TransportedUpstater
I really like Dubinsky. Called the "most disliked player in the WHL" by some people. One of the most annoying and chippy guys around, with skill to boot.
he reminds me of roenick when he was in his prime.

Old
04-18-2006, 04:44 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Dubinsky has agreed to terms with the New York Rangers, who picked him in the second round of the 2004 draft, and will report to Hartford, Conn., where he is expected to compete for the Hartford Wolf Pack, the Rangers' American Hockey League affiliate
http://www.oregonlive.com/sports/ore...780.xml&coll=7

Dubinsky said he wasn't sure about how much playing time he will receive but he knows the Rangers want him in Hartford

He signed the usual three year entry level contract for 18-21 year olds which a two way deal

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2006, 07:25 AM
DutchShamrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by romba
Checkers fans are gonna be real pissed next year. Supposedly they don't like Rangers prospects playing on the Checkers because they're just passing through and so the fans look for excuses on why the player makes the team worse etc.
That's a garbage attitude. I live in Trenton, NJ where the Flyers ECHL affiliate, Trenton Titans, play. Even though my brother and I despise the Flyers we were always happy to see the Titans players make it to the next level. The first season we had Fedoruk and Fedetenko. A few seasons back we had Pat Leahy of Boston. It's kind of a feeling of pride that some of the players from the local team made it. Especially with Fedetenko playing such a huge role in the last playoffs and basically being a Flyer killer since the trade. If that is really how the fans from Charolette feel then they need to get a life and figure out how minor league hockey works. Oh, by the way, the Checkers were an awful team before the Rangers found a semblance of a farm system. They were a perennial embarassment to the league. They have been competitive over the last few years and it can be traced back to the big, bad affiliate stocking their team with good players.

DutchShamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2006, 08:07 AM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovy274Hart

Give me a break. How many times has Hossa done this? And now, all of a sudden, his two-game hot streak is for real? Hossa has used up his magic for the season. He scored his March goal two games ago and netted his April goal against the Flyers. He has emptied whatever he had left.
Immonen scored 2 goals in 2 games as well.

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2006, 08:09 AM
True Blue

Quote:
he reminds me of roenick when he was in his prime.
In his prime? Not quite. In his prime, JR was in the NHL, not about to debut in the AHL. I think that you need to temper your enthusiasm for Dubinsky. We are all excited about him, but let's be realistic in our expectations.

Old
04-18-2006, 08:26 AM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza
He may piss a few people off in Hartford with his confrontational approach, but down the road he could be a real leader. The kid just wants to win very very badly.
This kind of worries me a little. It's one thing if he comes in at the beginning of the season and there's time for the team to get used to him and figure out that he's not just being an ***, but throwing him in at the end of the season...I just hope he doesn't rub his teammates in Hartford the wrong way and make them all hate him

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2006, 08:43 AM
DarthSather99

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue
Give me a break. How many times has Hossa done this? And now, all of a sudden, his two-game hot streak is for real? Hossa has used up his magic for the season. He scored his March goal two games ago and netted his April goal against the Flyers. He has emptied whatever he had left.
Immonen scored 2 goals in 2 games as well.
Regardless, Hossa has been one of the Rangers best forwards the last two games. You don't bench a guy that has been playing well. Take your Hossa hate away and judge the player on what he's done lately.

DarthSather99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2006, 09:03 AM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSather99
Regardless, Hossa has been one of the Rangers best forwards the last two games. You don't bench a guy that has been playing well. Take your Hossa hate away and judge the player on what he's done lately.
You cannot judge a player in a two-game vacuum. Otherwise explain ot me how it is that Immonen was sat after the games that he has had? Do you really expect Hossa to miraculously find the consistency that has eluded him his entire career? The team is a better team when he is not in the lineup. The team is better off without him in the playoffs and this might as well be a playoff game.

Old
04-18-2006, 09:22 AM
Pizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate
This kind of worries me a little. It's one thing if he comes in at the beginning of the season and there's time for the team to get used to him and figure out that he's not just being an ***, but throwing him in at the end of the season...I just hope he doesn't rub his teammates in Hartford the wrong way and make them all hate him
He's a very spirited kid, no doubt about it. Has some growing up to do, but he's also very smart from what I've heard. I think there could be some problems early on or at some point, but long term I'm not worried.

I don't think we are dealing with a Sean Avery/Downie type of individual. He's not a psycho or anything, just really competitive. He's the kind of guy you love on your team but hate playing against.

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2006, 09:51 AM
Large_Farva*

Send a message via MSN to Large_Farva*
Quote:
When Hossa stops skating he's still faster than Immonen

Large_Farva* is offline   Reply With Quote