HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Good Job Theodore!

Closed Thread

Old
10-31-2003, 02:55 AM
Mats NAslund

vCash: 500
Good Job Theodore!

Since I'm the first to bash him....It's only right that I give him his does when he deserves them. So here it goes.....

Theodore played an excellent game last night, flawless!
Covered his angles well did not drop to his knees early and most importantly made the big save(s) when needed. None bigger then the one in third period on B. Rolston! That's what Theodore needs to do on a consistant basis, I'm NOT saying he should have to shuout the opposition every game (although that would be very helpful) but just make the big saves when the team needs it most. I'm just saying Theodore played flawless because he got a shutout because even when a goalie gets shuouts they still make mistakes but last night was kind of like the perfect game for a pitcher in baseball. Theodore played a simple game covered his angles well and didn't adventure too far out of his net to play the puck ( I hate when he does that...he has no control over the puck outside of his crease). I hope he and Garon can continue the solid goaltending we've seen thus far!

Old
10-31-2003, 04:19 AM
swiftsure1786

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats NAslund
I'm saying he should have to shuout the opposition every game
jeeze...high expectations

Old
10-31-2003, 04:44 AM
Darz

Actually your referance to a perfect game is a good one. I also felt Theodore had a completely flawless game last night.
I think when talking about Theodore the one thing we must realize is the guy has the talent ot be a top 3 netminder in this league, and many goalies don't become great til later in their career because of inconsistancy.

Theodore is 27, what were other goalies doing at 27:

at 27 Dominak Hasek was a backup goalie in Chicago
at 27 Ed Belfour hadn't even played 2 full seasons in the NHL
at 27 Marty Turco was about to start his 1st season as a starter in the NHL
at 27 Olaf Kolzig hadn't played more than 29 games in an NHL season

Old
10-31-2003, 05:09 AM
Mike8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darz
Actually your referance to a perfect game is a good one. I also felt Theodore had a completely flawless game last night.
I think when talking about Theodore the one thing we must realize is the guy has the talent ot be a top 3 netminder in this league, and many goalies don't become great til later in their career because of inconsistancy.

Roy and Brodeur had won two cups.

Old
10-31-2003, 06:38 AM
NWT Habs Fan

Theo played a remarkable game. WTG Jose, well earned shutout. If only he can eliminate those back to back games where he gives up 11 goals, all will be well in Habland. The thing that worries me is the sudden drought of goals, because if we have to rely on Theo getting a shutout to get our two points, this will be a long and stressful season. Start scoring more boys so that Theo can have the odd lousy game and not impact the standings.

The really amazing thing is that he now has one more shutout than he had for the whole of last season. He is playing much better, and really importantly, the team in front of him has a system and is playing much better team defence. It is a lot easier to watch than last year.

Old
10-31-2003, 07:07 AM
Hab at it

The thing with Theo this year is that he's been inconsistant. Yes he's had 3 shutouts which is great but he's also been blown out 3 times as well. When the team is playing well infront of him he's played well and when the teams has sucked so has he. Once he gets his consistancy back we'll be fine.

One thing of note is that not in one game this year have our goalies had to steal a game for us, which is nice to see for a change.

Old
10-31-2003, 07:10 AM
deandebean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hab at it
The thing with Theo this year is that he's been inconsistant. Yes he's had 3 shutouts which is great but he's also been blown out 3 times as well. When the team is playing well infront of him he's played well and when the teams has sucked so has he. Once he gets his consistancy back we'll be fine.

One thing of note is that not in one game this year have our goalies had to steal a game for us, which is nice to see for a change.
Theo has been known to be a slow starter. Imagine when he gets into 5th gear after christmas...

Old
10-31-2003, 07:16 AM
Owen Wilson

Send a message via AIM to Owen Wilson Send a message via MSN to Owen Wilson
I've noticed that when the opposing team scores early, Theo unravels. Look at both Ottawa games. In both games Ottawa scored early and Theo never really recovered. Happened in Philly as well. In the Toronto loss, he played well cause the Leafs scored in the 2nd.

As long as Theo doesn't give up a goal within the first 10 minutes of the game, he will be sharp.

Old
10-31-2003, 07:28 AM
Bud The Spud*

Send a message via MSN to Bud The Spud*
Quote:
Originally Posted by deandebean
Theo has been known to be a slow starter. Imagine when he gets into 5th gear after christmas...
Looking forward to it

Old
10-31-2003, 07:29 AM
L'abstrait

Send a message via MSN to L'abstrait
Quote:
The thing with Theo this year is that he's been inconsistant. .
So has the team...

Old
10-31-2003, 08:43 AM
KOMO_ROCKS

Send a message via ICQ to KOMO_ROCKS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darz

I definately think Theodore is a top 3 netminder in this league for the next 8-10 years....goalies are not even in their prime at 27 ...more like 29. The fact that Theodore has won the Vezina, Hart trophies, played in an allstar game 2 seasons ago and got high praise from both Lemieux and Gretzky (based on it being a close selection for Team Canada in the Olympics, when they opted for Belfour) speaks volumes. This guy will be a great goalie for quite some time

Old
10-31-2003, 09:54 AM
Garnet

Theo

I agree a goalie needs to make the big save at the right time but the games Theo got blow out Montreal shouldn't have even got on the ice. Brodeur and Giggy were great last year and they both had a great defensive team in front of them. Trade Brodeur to the Rangers a see how he does. Don't get me wrong Brodeur is the best in the game now you can leave the best goalies high and dry and expect miracles!!

Old
10-31-2003, 10:02 AM
Corey

Johnny V is conspicuously absent from a Théodore thread. I wonder why.

Old
10-31-2003, 10:18 AM
CrAzYNiNe

Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
Quote:
The Detroit game maybe? But that would be the only one I can think of.

Old
10-31-2003, 11:39 AM
Hab-a-maniac

Actually, when Belfour was 27, he had already won a Vezina and a Calder trophy both in 1990-91 and was heading into another Vezina-winning season in 1992-93. And he'd gone to the finals with the Hawks but lost to the Penguins. He was pretty much at the same progression as Theodore, except with more team success.

Closed Thread