HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Good news on Hecht

Closed Thread

Old
10-31-2003, 05:40 AM
Bagel

vCash: 500
Good news on Hecht

From the Buffalo News "Ruff said Hecht is healing quicker than anticipated and could return by late next week."

http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial...31/1001806.asp

I suspect that Botterill should start looking at apartments in Rochester.

Old
10-31-2003, 05:57 AM
WhoIsJimBob
Circle the Bandwagon

I doubt Jason ever gave his up in the first place.

Old
10-31-2003, 07:10 AM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagel
From the Buffalo News "Ruff said Hecht is healing quicker than anticipated and could return by late next week."

http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial...31/1001806.asp

I suspect that Botterill should start looking at apartments in Rochester.
That's great news. With Dumont playing well without Hecht and Briere, the possibility of reuniting that line could be a very dynamic combo. Hell, just to have the added depth would be great.

Old
10-31-2003, 07:14 AM
jpb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot
That's great news. With Dumont playing well without Hecht and Briere, the possibility of reuniting that line could be a very dynamic combo. Hell, just to have the added depth would be great.
Good news that he could be back soon, but I dunno about tweaking the first two lines right now. Both are working well. I'd let Hecht replace Botterill for now.

Besides, Ruff will get itchy fingers sometime soon anyway and play mixmaster with the lines.

Old
10-31-2003, 07:16 AM
Ruckus007
Said too much

Quote:

Even if you don't reunite the line, I'm not going to complain at a forward group of

Pyatt-Drury-Briere
Kotalik-Brown-Satan
Hecht-Taylor-Dumont
Peters-Mair-Boulton.

Hell, that actually looks like a pretty good unit to me.

Old
10-31-2003, 08:16 AM
joechip

Send a message via Yahoo to joechip
Quote:
I dunno, Chain, having seen Botterill/Taylor/Dumont play last night I wouldn't want to break that up, until they are a liability. Those guys were all over the Leafs D, and could have easily gotten more than just the Zhitnik goal, which was all Botterill's doing. I'd be more inclined at this point to send Peters back down and have him work on his fighting than send Botterill back. The guy's played well enough to stay for a while.

Don't get me wrong, I'm ecstatic about Hecht returning earlier than expected, it certainly gives us more options than we have right now, and could make us truly scary to match up against through the first three lines.

But, right now, I'm on Botterill's bandwagon. The guy was outstanding last night, slow feet and all, and I haven't seen Dumont play that well in a long time. If that's Jason's doing than he should stay.

Ta,

Old
10-31-2003, 08:18 AM
Bagel

I agree. Also, Connolly will have to work extremely hard for his minutes when he returns (and we're not even contemplating Max).

I love the internal competition.

Old
10-31-2003, 09:06 AM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by joechip
I dunno, Chain, having seen Botterill/Taylor/Dumont play last night I wouldn't want to break that up, until they are a liability. Those guys were all over the Leafs D, and could have easily gotten more than just the Zhitnik goal, which was all Botterill's doing. I'd be more inclined at this point to send Peters back down and have him work on his fighting than send Botterill back. The guy's played well enough to stay for a while.

Don't get me wrong, I'm ecstatic about Hecht returning earlier than expected, it certainly gives us more options than we have right now, and could make us truly scary to match up against through the first three lines.

But, right now, I'm on Botterill's bandwagon. The guy was outstanding last night, slow feet and all, and I haven't seen Dumont play that well in a long time. If that's Jason's doing than he should stay.

Ta,
Botts has earned a lot of respect for the energy, passion and physical side. He did that to close out last season on the 4th line and has brought it most every shift this season. If he's got the burr under Dumont's saddle, great. If not, props to Dumont for self-starting--or to whomever has him this revved up.

Old
10-31-2003, 09:46 AM
LALALALALALAFONTAINE

Quote:

Ta,
I'm on the Botterill bandwagon too. I wasn't happy he was up here
instead of Gaustad, but his play has convinced me. He deserves to stay here and stay in the lineup.

I'd move Taylor out of the lineup before Botterill, but I'm not looking to move either one out.

Right now, if there's a move that has to be made, I'd send Hecht down for conditioning.

Old
10-31-2003, 10:18 AM
imyourhuckleberry
Nyaaa..What's Up Doc

i want to see hecht back as well but then you will be messing with line combos again

kotalik brown satan

pyatt drury mair/taylor?

hecht brier dumont

peter taylor boulton

I dont know if I would want to mess with the chemistry again just yet when they are looking good. and then we have afinogenov still. i wouldnt want to be ruff now even, do you mess with whats working or insert a guy back in who you know has chemistry with the 2 guys. Don't forget how well Pyatt has exceled with drury and brier as well....

Old
10-31-2003, 10:45 AM
lecherous

Send a message via AIM to lecherous
I can't wait until we get Hecht back. I still stand by my opinion that he's quite possibly one of the hardest players in the entire league to knock off the puck when he's around the net. To me he's like 1/2 of Peter Forsberg, which isn't that bad at all and would still give him 50 pts a year

Old
10-31-2003, 01:42 PM
Rob Paxon
⚔Z E M G U S⚔

Send a message via AIM to Rob Paxon
Quote:
Originally Posted by lecherous
I can't wait until we get Hecht back. I still stand by my opinion that he's quite possibly one of the hardest players in the entire league to knock off the puck when he's around the net. To me he's like 1/2 of Peter Forsberg, which isn't that bad at all and would still give him 50 pts a year
I agree, he is like a horse on the puck. Um, I guess that is a bad analogy. He is like Max's ass on a chair in the pressbox. Can't be separated!

Old
10-31-2003, 02:49 PM
Buffaloed
Administrator
Webmaster

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by LALALALALALAFONTAINE
Right now, if there's a move that has to be made, I'd send Hecht down for conditioning.
That would still count against the Sabres roster. I'd be most inclined to send Tallinder down. It's not helping his game watching half the games from the pressbox.

If Botterill stays up long-term, I would have to think that Boulton is the guy that'll have to go.

Old
10-31-2003, 03:04 PM
Buffaloed
Administrator
Webmaster

Quote:
I'd be more inclined at this point to send Peters back down and have him work on his fighting than send Botterill back. The guy's played well enough to stay for a while.
Peters would have to clear waivers. I wouldn't risk it. I think his presence has made a difference in how the team plays.

Boulton, Botterill and Tallinder do not have to clear waivers. Tallinder's exempt until he plays in 17 more NHL games, and the other two cleared previously in the waiver draft.

Old
11-01-2003, 03:55 PM
LALALALALALAFONTAINE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffaloed
Peters would have to clear waivers. I wouldn't risk it. I think his presence has made a difference in how the team plays.

Boulton, Botterill and Tallinder do not have to clear waivers. Tallinder's exempt until he plays in 17 more NHL games, and the other two cleared previously in the waiver draft.
Boulton and Botterill still have to clear waivers again though, don't they?

Old
11-01-2003, 04:12 PM
Buffaloed
Administrator
Webmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LALALALALALAFONTAINE
Boulton and Botterill still have to clear waivers again though, don't they?
The rule is a player who previously cleared waivers has to clear again if he's on the active roster of the NHL team for 30 days or plays in 10 or more games, except if he's on the roster under emergency recall conditions.

Boulton was just added to the active roster so he has a ways to go. I believe Botterill is up on emergency recall, so the clock won't start ticking on him until Hecht is activated (at least that's the way I hope they did it). Then the Sabres will have to decide whether to send Botterill down or put him on regular recall.

Closed Thread