HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

If Abby is named starter for the playoffs?

View Poll Results: If Abby is named starter in the playoffs over Huet.....
no 49 62.82%
yes 8 10.26%
not sure 21 26.92%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-18-2006, 10:19 AM
  #1
wildone26*
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 4,163
vCash: 500
If Abby is named starter for the playoffs?

Just curious if Abby is named starter for the playoffs(as I predict he will and I believe Gainey knew 3 months ago no matter what Huet did he would find a way to make sure Abby was starter in playoffs, and was bent on doing it no matter what)
do you think Huet would want to re-sign in Montreal still this summer?

wildone26* is offline  
Old
04-18-2006, 10:20 AM
  #2
Galchenyuk x 27
Registered User
 
Galchenyuk x 27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,607
vCash: 50
again?

you never give up do you?

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline  
Old
04-18-2006, 10:26 AM
  #3
jcpenny
Registered User
 
jcpenny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,878
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydee96
again?

you never give up do you?
We will remind him again, No

jcpenny is offline  
Old
04-18-2006, 10:31 AM
  #4
mcphee
Registered User
 
mcphee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 19,105
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildone26
Just curious if Abby is named starter for the playoffs(as I predict he will and I believe Gainey knew 3 months ago no matter what Huet did he would find a way to make sure Abby was starter in playoffs, and was bent on doing it no matter what)
do you think Huet would want to re-sign in Montreal still this summer?


Why do you believe Bob Gainey would put an agenda ahead of team success ? Do you believe he would make a decision on factors based on something other than giving his team their best chance to win a game ? Why would he do this ?

Why do you think he made a decision in January about hi spotential playoff goaltender ? Inside info. ? Speculation ? Extra sensory perception ?

I know what you think, I'm curious as to why.

mcphee is offline  
Old
04-18-2006, 10:34 AM
  #5
wildone26*
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 4,163
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee
Why do you believe Bob Gainey would put an agenda ahead of team success ? Do you believe he would make a decision on factors based on something other than giving his team their best chance to win a game ? Why would he do this ?

Why do you think he made a decision in January about hi spotential playoff goaltender ? Inside info. ? Speculation ? Extra sensory perception ?

I know what you think, I'm curious as to why.
Well the fact there is even a question who is starting goalie for the playoffs when Huet has been the teams MVP this year, and Abby has only had a couple of good games, shows that he must be super determined to get Abby to be the starter. There is no other GM in the league I can think of, except maybe the Boston GM who would have created a controversy over who would start in the playoffs when one guy has had the best stats in the league the second half of the year. Thus the fact he has even created a controversy for no reason, shows he must have been bent on making Aebischer the starter all along, and if he start Huet it is "grudginly" so.

I dont believe he has an agenda, he just probably deep down feels much stronger towards Abby than Huet despite all the evidence of their performance this year.

wildone26* is offline  
Old
04-18-2006, 10:36 AM
  #6
Nova_Scotia_Vees
Registered User
 
Nova_Scotia_Vees's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 540
vCash: 500
Huet is the starter right now bottom line.

Nova_Scotia_Vees is offline  
Old
04-18-2006, 10:38 AM
  #7
oli500
Registered User
 
oli500's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Kitchener
Posts: 4,610
vCash: 500
Look we should stop worrying about are goaltending. We now both of them can do the job. The real question is who's going to put the puck in the net. We should worrie about are team up front instead of our goaltending

oli500 is offline  
Old
04-18-2006, 10:41 AM
  #8
AD
Registered User
 
AD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bigassofficetower
Country: Lebanon
Posts: 14,576
vCash: 500
Huet will start the first game of the Playoffs. After that, who knows...

AD is offline  
Old
04-18-2006, 10:45 AM
  #9
mcphee
Registered User
 
mcphee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 19,105
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildone26
Well the fact there is even a question who is starting goalie for the playoffs when Huet has been the teams MVP this year, and Abby has only had a couple of good games, shows that he must be super determined to get Abby to be the starter. There is no other GM in the league I can think of, except maybe the Boston GM who would have created a controversy over who would start in the playoffs when one guy has had the best stats in the league the second half of the year. Thus the fact he has even created a controversy for no reason, shows he must have been bent on making Aebischer the starter all along, and if he start Huet it is "grudginly" so.

I dont believe he has an agenda, he just probably deep down feels much stronger towards Abby than Huet despite all the evidence of their performance this year.
So, if I understand, you say that even when Huet was in the middle of a hot streak, before the Theo deal, BG wasn't sold on Huet ? BY that reasoning, you're saying Gainey or by extension, the coaching staff, doesn't believe in Huet ?

Well, if that's the case, he's seeing something I'm not seeing. I guess it takes some serious stones to move away from a goalie that has carried the team for a stretch of time, if you don't believe in him. The easy choice is Huet. They could go down in 4 and no one would question the choice. If that's the case, Bob's are bigger'n mine.

mcphee is offline  
Old
04-18-2006, 10:46 AM
  #10
mcphee
Registered User
 
mcphee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 19,105
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by aymand
Huet will start the first game of the Playoffs. After that, who knows...
I agree, but will edit if wrong because being right means everything to me.

mcphee is offline  
Old
04-18-2006, 10:48 AM
  #11
wildone26*
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 4,163
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee
I guess it takes some serious stones to move away from a goalie that has carried the team for a stretch of time, if you don't believe in him. The easy choice is Huet. They could go down in 4 and no one would question the choice. If that's the case, Bob's are bigger'n mine.
I agree with you on that. If he starts Huet, even if they go down in 4, nobody will question the choice unless he is terrable. If they start Abby, and they dont win the series everybody will be all over him. I do think he has some serious stones personaly though.

wildone26* is offline  
Old
04-18-2006, 11:04 AM
  #12
AD
Registered User
 
AD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bigassofficetower
Country: Lebanon
Posts: 14,576
vCash: 500
Having kidney stones would explain the look on Gainey's face...

AD is offline  
Old
04-18-2006, 11:04 AM
  #13
Beakermania*
 
Beakermania*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Kingston or Hamilton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,964
vCash: 500
HUET will start, end of story.

Two days ago when it looked like the New Jersey game was "a playoff game" before Atlanta lost to Washington, Huet was named the starter. That tells me Huet will also start game one of the playoffs.

Beakermania* is offline  
Old
04-18-2006, 11:05 AM
  #14
montreal
Go Habs Go
 
montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Balearic Islands
Posts: 23,311
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildone26
Well the fact there is even a question who is starting goalie for the playoffs when Huet has been the teams MVP this year, and Abby has only had a couple of good games, shows that he must be super determined to get Abby to be the starter. There is no other GM in the league I can think of, except maybe the Boston GM who would have created a controversy over who would start in the playoffs when one guy has had the best stats in the league the second half of the year. Thus the fact he has even created a controversy for no reason, shows he must have been bent on making Aebischer the starter all along, and if he start Huet it is "grudginly" so.

I dont believe he has an agenda, he just probably deep down feels much stronger towards Abby than Huet despite all the evidence of their performance this year.

Markov imo is the teams MVP not Huet. Half a season doesn't count as much as a whole season.

The only person that I believe has an agenda is you. I don't know who you are or when you started posting here but the only thing I've noticed is that you post over and over about Abby and Huet and the contract that Huet will or won't get. Why not let it go. Who cares who's in net if we are winning, Huet was a major reason why we are even thinking about the playoffs and Abby has played well in his last few games imo. That's great that the team has 2 goalies that can win games for us. Huet if you think back was drafted in '01 like Komisarek/Perezhogin/Pleks, and while he is much older, he still lacks the experience due to the fact he hasn't been in North America that long. He only played in 54 games before coming to the Habs so that's not a lot of experience over 2 years. Gainey likely wanted to move Theo's contract off the books but couldn't see going with a Huet-Danis combo which going into the playoffs would have zero experience.

What happens with Huet/Abby in the summer is fun to talk about but we'll just have to wait and see what Gainey does. I have full faith that Bob knows what he's doing.

montreal is offline  
Old
04-18-2006, 11:08 AM
  #15
wildone26*
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 4,163
vCash: 500
Quote:
Huet was a major reason why we are even thinking about the playoffs
Yes Huet gets them into the playoffs, and then Gainey turns the reigns over to average Abby, which was what he knew he would do two full months ago like I said all along.

wildone26* is offline  
Old
04-18-2006, 11:09 AM
  #16
Galchenyuk x 27
Registered User
 
Galchenyuk x 27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,607
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildone26
Yes Huet gets them into the playoffs, and then Gainey turns the reigns over to average Abby, which was what he knew he would do two full months ago like I said all along.

oh can you stop with ur BS about abby being the leader

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline  
Old
04-18-2006, 11:10 AM
  #17
wildone26*
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 4,163
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydee96
oh can you stop with ur BS about abby being the leader
The goalie that starts in the playoffs, David Aebischer, is the leader, especialy when he has only had to have 2 good games to take the job from somebody who leads the league in SV% even if he played only half a year.

wildone26* is offline  
Old
04-18-2006, 11:13 AM
  #18
Galchenyuk x 27
Registered User
 
Galchenyuk x 27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,607
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildone26
The goalie that starts in the playoffs, David Aebischer, is the leader, especialy when he has only had to have 2 good games to take the job from somebody who leads the league in SV% even if he played only half a year.
just like I say every other time you make a comment like that.. back it up, where is your proof?

when did BG say Aebischer was going to start in the playoffs, please, stop talking.
Every assumption you make, your wrong

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline  
Old
04-18-2006, 11:16 AM
  #19
wildone26*
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 4,163
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydee96
just like I say every other time you make a comment like that.. back it up, where is your proof?

when did BG say Aebischer was going to start in the playoffs, please, stop talking.
Every assumption you make, your wrong
Actually I have only been wrong on one thing, that was Abby taking over the starting job right away. I was wrong on that I admit, and that is the only thing I have been wrong on. I was right in him taking over the starting job before the playoffs though, and the only reason he did not right away is he played so badly in his second game Gainey had no choice. Once Abby played a couple half-decent games Abby was always going to be the start, Gainey was just itching to do it and now he can. There was no chance of Huet staying the starter no matter what he did, if Abby played 2 or more half-decent games.

Proof? LOL, you mean to tell me you dont see what is happening. Why do you think TSN and Sportsnet have been having discussions specificaly about Montreal's "self-created goalie controversy". Are you suggesting TSN and Sportsnet hockey experts dont know what is going on.

wildone26* is offline  
Old
04-18-2006, 11:18 AM
  #20
Beakermania*
 
Beakermania*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Kingston or Hamilton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,964
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildone26
Actually I have only been wrong on one thing, that was Abby taking over the starting job right away. I was wrong on that I admit, and that is the only thing I have been wrong on. I was right in him taking over the starting job before the playoffs though, and the only reason he did not right away is he played so badly in his second game Gainey had no choice. Once Abby played a couple half-decent games Abby was always going to be the start, Gainey was just itching to do it and now he can. There was no chance of Huet staying the starter no matter what he did, if Abby played 2 or more half-decent games.

Proof? LOL, you mean to tell me you dont see what is happening. Why do you think TSN and Sportsnet have been having discussions specificaly about Montreal's "self-created goalie controversy". Are you suggesting TSN and Sportsnet hockey experts dont know what is going on.
Again when Montreal's season appeared to be on the line Tuesday vs the Devils, Huet got the nod. I expect he will get the game one start too.

Beakermania* is offline  
Old
04-18-2006, 11:22 AM
  #21
wildone26*
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 4,163
vCash: 500
Every assumption you make, your wrong

It is funny how some people say I am wrong every time I predict something when in fact I was only wrong on one thing, Huet not starting any more than two games after Abby started back to back games. When I am right on Abby starting in the playoffs I will be 1-1 on here. If one counts my other predictions I am much higher than that though, I predicted Rick Nash would be gifted a spot on Canada's Olympic team, and Canada would fail to win gold if Nash was on the team, I was right on both of those things. So after Abby starts the playoffs I will be 3-1 overall.

wildone26* is offline  
Old
04-18-2006, 11:23 AM
  #22
habfan4
Registered User
 
habfan4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Deus Amat Pretzel
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,424
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildone26
Proof? LOL, you mean to tell me you dont see what is happening. Why do you think TSN and Sportsnet have been having discussions specificaly about Montreal's "self-created goalie controversy". Are you suggesting TSN and Sportsnet hockey experts dont know what is going on.
Reporters asking BG questions does not constitute a "self-created goalie controversy". The only thing that anyone can be sure of is that Gainey is being is typically coy self.

You're assumption that Aebischer is the "starter" is based on some paper thin logic. Any chance you may be confusing Gainey's desire to get Aebischer some work before the playoffs (call it insurance on an unproven post-season Huet) with choosing or anointing him as the Habs starting goaltender for the playoffs.

habfan4 is offline  
Old
04-18-2006, 11:25 AM
  #23
habfan4
Registered User
 
habfan4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Deus Amat Pretzel
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,424
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildone26
Every assumption you make, your wrong

It is funny how some people say I am wrong every time I predict something when in fact I was only wrong on one thing, Huet not starting any more than two games after Abby started back to back games. When I am right on Abby starting in the playoffs I will be 1-1 on here. If one counts my other predictions I am much higher than that though, I predicted Rick Nash would be gifted a spot on Canada's Olympic team, and Canada would fail to win gold if Nash was on the team, I was right on both of those things. So after Abby starts the playoffs I will be 3-1 overall.
Careful you don't chap your lips blowing your own horn.

habfan4 is offline  
Old
04-18-2006, 11:26 AM
  #24
Galchenyuk x 27
Registered User
 
Galchenyuk x 27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,607
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildone26
Every assumption you make, your wrong

It is funny how some people say I am wrong every time I predict something when in fact I was only wrong on one thing, Huet not starting any more than two games after Abby started back to back games. When I am right on Abby starting in the playoffs I will be 1-1 on here. If one counts my other predictions I am much higher than that though, I predicted Rick Nash would be gifted a spot on Canada's Olympic team, and Canada would fail to win gold if Nash was on the team, I was right on both of those things. So after Abby starts the playoffs I will be 3-1 overall.

u think Canada lost only because they had Rick Nash..hahaha
thats a good one

Canada lost cause they didnt play, not because they had rick nash or todd Bertuzzi

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline  
Old
04-18-2006, 11:26 AM
  #25
wildone26*
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 4,163
vCash: 500
Reporters asking BG questions does not constitute a "self-created goalie controversy".

Those were the exact words of "TSN the Sports Reporters" show on Sunday with Dave Hodge and company; as well as the exact words of the Sportsnet panel, and Off the Record Host Michael Lansburg. If you watched the show on Sunday or the Off the Record show a few days ago you know this as well. So it obviously constitutes it according to some very well-versed people.

wildone26* is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:39 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.