HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

If Abby is named starter for the playoffs?

View Poll Results: If Abby is named starter in the playoffs over Huet.....
no 49 62.82%
yes 8 10.26%
not sure 21 26.92%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-18-2006, 11:28 AM
  #26
wildone26*
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 4,163
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydee96
u think Canada lost only because they had Rick Nash..hahaha
thats a good one

Canada lost cause they didnt play, not because they had rick nash or todd Bertuzzi
Yes I do think Rick Nash is a plague. He will never be part of a "gold medal team" probably, him being on a team is a certainty they will not win gold. So far nothing has happened to prove me wrong. Everytime Nash is on a team they dont win, he hasnt won anything in his life, sorry the Spengler Cup does not count.

wildone26* is offline  
Old
04-18-2006, 11:30 AM
  #27
Beakermania*
 
Beakermania*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Kingston or Hamilton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,964
vCash: 500
why won't you respond to me?? You respond to everyone else Wildone

Beakermania* is offline  
Old
04-18-2006, 11:30 AM
  #28
Teufelsdreck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 15,176
vCash: 500
Is wildone26 a prophet crying in the wilderness or just another inmate?

Teufelsdreck is offline  
Old
04-18-2006, 11:31 AM
  #29
Galchenyuk x 27
Registered User
 
Galchenyuk x 27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,860
vCash: 3907
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildone26
Yes I do think Rick Nash is a plague. He will never be part of a "gold medal team" probably, him being on a team is a certainty they will not win gold. So far nothing has happened to prove me wrong. Everytime Nash is on a team they dont win, he hasnt won anything in his life, sorry the Spengler Cup does not count.

lol

your to much

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline  
Old
04-18-2006, 11:31 AM
  #30
mcphee
Registered User
 
mcphee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 19,105
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildone26
Reporters asking BG questions does not constitute a "self-created goalie controversy".

Those were the exact words of "TSN the Sports Reporters" show on Sunday with Dave Hodge and company; as well as the exact words of the Sportsnet panel, and Off the Record Host Michael Lansburg. If you watched the show on Sunday or the Off the Record show a few days ago you know this as well. So it obviously constitutes it according to some very well-versed people.
Wild Thing, you know damn well that these shows are opinion shows. Landsburg and the Reporters crown have no inside info. on Gainey's thinking. If this info. was out there, you believe RDS or LaPresse, with much deeper connections into the org. wouldn't be all over it ?

mcphee is offline  
Old
04-18-2006, 11:32 AM
  #31
wildone26*
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 4,163
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania
Again when Montreal's season appeared to be on the line Tuesday vs the Devils, Huet got the nod. I expect he will get the game one start too.
The teams season was on the line just as much in their second last game with Buffalo as the final game wouldnt it have been? I dont see how either of those last two games are neccessarily any different in importance where they were in points at the time. In fact their last 3 games were all crucial to their playoff hopes and Abby started 2 of the 3.

wildone26* is offline  
Old
04-18-2006, 11:33 AM
  #32
Beakermania*
 
Beakermania*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Kingston or Hamilton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,964
vCash: 500
This guy is almost as bad as our old friend who used to spot on and on about kostitsyn all the time.

Beakermania* is offline  
Old
04-18-2006, 11:33 AM
  #33
habfan4
Registered User
 
habfan4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Deus Amat Pretzel
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,424
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildone26
Reporters asking BG questions does not constitute a "self-created goalie controversy".

Those were the exact words of "TSN the Sports Reporters" show on Sunday with Dave Hodge and company; as well as the exact words of the Sportsnet panel, and Off the Record Host Michael Lansburg. If you watched the show on Sunday or the Off the Record show a few days ago you know this as well. So it obviously constitutes it according to some very well-versed people.
And we all know the press is never wrong or that they don't have a tendancy to read more into a situation than is warranted.

Let's have a look at your sources: 1. OTR - which is a panel show that frequently features hip-hop artists and wrestlers (read no credibility); 2. The Sports Reporters - Who was on? Was it Damien Cox and Steve Simmons? point being the show rarely features the Montréal media.

habfan4 is offline  
Old
04-18-2006, 11:33 AM
  #34
wildone26*
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 4,163
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee
Wild Thing, you know damn well that these shows are opinion shows. Landsburg and the Reporters crown have no inside info. on Gainey's thinking. If this info. was out there, you believe RDS or LaPresse, with much deeper connections into the org. wouldn't be all over it ?
Ok maybe using Lansburg's opinion as that valid is wrong, but Nick Kypreos and Dave Hodge calling it a "self created goalie controversy" would seem to be more significant. Those are well respected hockey insiders are they not?

wildone26* is offline  
Old
04-18-2006, 11:34 AM
  #35
Beakermania*
 
Beakermania*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Kingston or Hamilton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,964
vCash: 500
Are you gonna tell me Tuesday when its the absolute last chance wasn't more important than saturday??? Wow thats like saying game 7 of a series is less important then game 1.

Beakermania* is offline  
Old
04-18-2006, 11:35 AM
  #36
wildone26*
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 4,163
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habfan4
And we all know the press is never wrong or that they don't have a tendancy to read more into a situation than is warranted.

Let's have a look at your sources: 1. OTR - which is a panel show that frequently features hip-hop artists and wrestlers (read no credibility); 2. The Sports Reporters - Who was on? Was it Damien Cox and Steve Simmons? point being the show rarely features the Montréal media.
Actually the last OTR show had a couple guests from Leafs TV. They said Aebischer will and should be the starter for the playoffs as well. So on that occasion not hip-hop artists, wrestlers, or amazing race guests giving their opinions but people with hockey foresight.

wildone26* is offline  
Old
04-18-2006, 11:35 AM
  #37
Beakermania*
 
Beakermania*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Kingston or Hamilton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,964
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildone26
Ok maybe using Lansburg's opinion as that valid is wrong, but Nick Kypreos and Dave Hodge calling it a "self created goalie controversy" would seem to be more significant. Those are well respected hockey insiders are they not?
Hockey insiders in Toronto, Not Montreal

Beakermania* is offline  
Old
04-18-2006, 11:35 AM
  #38
Galchenyuk x 27
Registered User
 
Galchenyuk x 27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,860
vCash: 3907
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildone26
Ok maybe using Lansburg's opinion as that valid is wrong, but Nick Kypreos and Dave Hodge calling it a "self created goalie controversy" would seem to be more significant. Those are well respected hockey insiders are they not?

no they are not.. they are well respected leaf *** kissers

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline  
Old
04-18-2006, 11:36 AM
  #39
Beakermania*
 
Beakermania*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Kingston or Hamilton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,964
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildone26
Actually the last OTR show had a couple guests from Leafs TV.

Enough said. Game Set Match...

I love it when you make my points for me.

Beakermania* is offline  
Old
04-18-2006, 11:37 AM
  #40
wildone26*
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 4,163
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania
Are you gonna tell me Tuesday when its the absolute last chance wasn't more important than saturday??? Wow thats like saying game 7 of a series is less important then game 1.
Abby had a relatively bad outing on Saturday, which is probably why he did not get the start Tuesday, and if Gainey did not want to make it clear to people who his starting goalie for the playoffs would be, it would make sense not to start the same goalie 3 times anyway. Maybe also to give Abby plenty of rest for the playoffs.

wildone26* is offline  
Old
04-18-2006, 11:38 AM
  #41
habfan4
Registered User
 
habfan4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Deus Amat Pretzel
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,424
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildone26
Actually the last OTR show had a couple guests from Leafs TV. They said Aebischer will and should be the starter for the playoffs as well. So on that occasion not hip-hop artists, wrestlers, or amazing race guests giving their opinions but people with hockey foresight.
Clearly a source from which good information about the Montréal Canadiens personnel decisions can be gleaned.

The guys in Montréal who cover the Habs first hand don't even know what Gainey is up to, I'll leave it to you to decide what that says about the chances of the Leafs TV crew being right.

habfan4 is offline  
Old
04-18-2006, 11:40 AM
  #42
mcphee
Registered User
 
mcphee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 19,105
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildone26
Ok maybe using Lansburg's opinion as that valid is wrong, but Nick Kypreos and Dave Hodge calling it a "self created goalie controversy" would seem to be more significant. Those are well respected hockey insiders are they not?
If we're just discussing the term, self created etc., it doesn't mean much. It means Gainey could have played Huet every game save back to backs, but he didn't. TSN's panel show giving it a title opens discussion but provides no info. better informed that we see in his daily press conference, which is nothing. The only hint of info. I've heard is comments McGuire has made, which I believe are self serving in attempt to back up comments he had already made. Take it a step further, last time McGuire's in town, who feeds him info. ? His best friends on the team ? #11,52 and 44 aren't getting into that one. Rollie M. ? Gainey ? not in a million years. So it's basically conversation, much like I had with aymnad and co. Saturday night at the Cage. Fun, but not informed.

mcphee is offline  
Old
04-18-2006, 11:43 AM
  #43
Beakermania*
 
Beakermania*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Kingston or Hamilton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,964
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildone26
Maybe also to give Abby plenty of rest for the playoffs.
He'd rest the guy who you call "Gainey's Hand-picked Number 1 man" for the playoffs, in a game that if they lose, they won't make the playoffs.

That makes ABSOLUTELY NO SENSE whatsoever. If you lose that game you don't make it, so whats the point of resting your "so-called number 1 guy."

You are grasping at straws here my friend.

Sherlock holmes said, "You don't not make theories before you have all the facts, because then you twist the facts to suit your theory rather than twisting your theory to suit the facts."

That is what you are doing, you are so convinced gainey loves Aeby over Huet that you are twisting the evidence against your theory and making it fit.

Beakermania* is offline  
Old
04-18-2006, 12:21 PM
  #44
wildone26*
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 4,163
vCash: 500
Well one thing is clear anyway, Montreal fans, atleast on here, dont put much stock in what anybody who has connections to the Maple Leafs, or is an avid Leafs supporter would say regarding the Habs situation. I take it that is why nobody takes Al Strachan's article where he said, "those close to Montreal believe......"
seriously either?

wildone26* is offline  
Old
04-18-2006, 12:27 PM
  #45
habfan4
Registered User
 
habfan4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Deus Amat Pretzel
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,424
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildone26
Well one thing is clear anyway, Montreal fans, atleast on here, dont put much stock in what anybody who has connections to the Maple Leafs, or is an avid Leafs supporter would say regarding the Habs situation. I take it that is why nobody takes Al Strachan's article where he said, "those close to Montreal believe......"
seriously either?
Let's clear this up. Your guess is as good as any on who Gainey will name to start for the playoffs, at this point no one can say with absolute certainty until BG makes the announcement.

That being said. Do you really expect us to take your Nostradamus style predictions (which IMO are based on quicksand foundations) as gospel? You started a thread based on your own fore gone conclusion and have offered little in the way of compelling evidence to support your theory (and what you have offered is definitely not above being questioned).

habfan4 is offline  
Old
04-18-2006, 12:28 PM
  #46
mcphee
Registered User
 
mcphee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 19,105
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildone26
Well one thing is clear anyway, Montreal fans, atleast on here, dont put much stock in what anybody who has connections to the Maple Leafs, or is an avid Leafs supporter would say regarding the Habs situation. I take it that is why nobody takes Al Strachan's article where he said, "those close to Montreal believe......"
seriously either?

Before tonight's game became meaningless, Gainey chose Huet. If Huet performed well, that would most probably indicate the starter in game 1. When you have 1 game or go home, whom is chosen is indicative of how a coach feels.

Is that how he sees an extended playoff run ? That gets determined by performance.

mcphee is offline  
Old
04-18-2006, 12:30 PM
  #47
wildone26*
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 4,163
vCash: 500
If Huet gets a win vs New Jersey he might have a chance to start game one. That is his only chance however. Being that New Jersey is on a long winning streak his odds arent too good however.

wildone26* is offline  
Old
04-18-2006, 12:34 PM
  #48
habfan4
Registered User
 
habfan4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Deus Amat Pretzel
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,424
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildone26
If Huet gets a win vs New Jersey he might have a chance to start game one. That is his only chance however. Being that New Jersey is on a long winning streak his odds arent too good however.


Congratulations you managed to complete evade mcphee's point that a coach might be inclinced to name his go to guy in what would have been the teams biggest game of the year.

habfan4 is offline  
Old
04-18-2006, 12:34 PM
  #49
mcphee
Registered User
 
mcphee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 19,105
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildone26
If Huet gets a win vs New Jersey he might have a chance to start game one. That is his only chance however. Being that New Jersey is on a long winning streak his odds arent too good however.

But why was he chosen to play the crucial game of the entire season ? So he'd fail, allowing them to lowball him ?

mcphee is offline  
Old
04-18-2006, 12:35 PM
  #50
wildone26*
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 4,163
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habfan4


Congratulations you managed to complete evade mcphee's point that a coach might be inclinced to name his go to guy in what would have been the teams biggest game of the year.
Even if that were true the coach would be wanting and expecting a "win" from that guy if he were to start in the playoffs.

wildone26* is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:46 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.