HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Montreal (7) vs Carolina (2) predictions

View Poll Results: Habs or Canes ?
Habs in 7 37 15.04%
Habs in 6 81 32.93%
Habs in 5 7 2.85%
Habs in 4 5 2.03%
Canes in 7 8 3.25%
Canes in 6 40 16.26%
Canes in 5 44 17.89%
Canes in 4 24 9.76%
Voters: 246. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
04-19-2006, 12:24 PM
Ismellofhockey

vCash: 500
Who would've thought the Habs could knock out the #1 Bruins twice?

Carolina looks strong but I'd reunite Zednik - Koivu - Kovalev and see what happens.

Old
04-19-2006, 12:46 PM
Prendan Brust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ismellofhockey

Carolina looks strong but I'd reunite Zednik - Koivu - Kovalev and see what happens.
It's easy to say that in hindsight but I always thought these Bruins teams were made for the Habs and if I remember correctly, much more Habs fans were picking the Habs to win the series.

Old
04-19-2006, 12:48 PM
Dan K
HFBoards Partner

Send a message via MSN to Dan K
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ismellofhockey

I would have liked that too, however, if we wanted to do that, it should have been done 5 or so games ago.

Higgins - Koivu - Ryder
Bulis - Ribeiro - Kovalev

is what it will be. For better or for worse. Unless it's really really really worse, then maybe BG will try something else.

Old
04-19-2006, 01:11 PM
Anksun

Send a message via ICQ to Anksun
wth is wrong there!!!!??

Making a playoff pool with options allowing the habs to loose????

Hell to that, 2 years ago i made a playoff pool with 12 people. We simply had to choose the playoff winner of each round, yet there was 1 serie where we all had choosen the same team.

1. The habs against the Bruins.

Not because it was the obvious choice, but because i had already choosen for everyone else...

Habs in 6. My head have no telling in this serie.

Old
04-19-2006, 01:13 PM
Obi Wan LaRosie

Send a message via AIM to Obi Wan LaRosie Send a message via Yahoo to Obi Wan LaRosie
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC51
I was wishing that the Habs meet the canes and I got my wish.

Consider this.

The Canes finished with a lot of points BUT if you notice
First, The Canes played many more games against week teams and racking up points.

Second, The Canes had the entire month of January easyest of all NHL clubs. of 14 games played in January only 4 played against club in the playoffs and in 2 of those it was Theo and the worst games he ever played. The result was 13 of 14 won, that's 13-1 !!!!!!

Since then to the end, the Canes went 15-15.

SO how many points did the Canes get due to playing easyer teams?? ( maybe 10-12 points )

so I consider the Canes a 100 point team and not a 112 point team.
So does this mean that you consider the Red Wings a 100 pt team as well???????....since they clearly got about 25 pts from Chicago, St. Louis and Columbus.

Just not a good argument if you do not agree with the Detroit viewpoint as well.

Also keep in mind that the only team that finished under .500 in the Southeast division was Washington, and they were much better the end of the season....when the Canes played them 5 times in the last month.

Old
04-19-2006, 01:18 PM
JMMR

Send a message via MSN to JMMR Send a message via Yahoo to JMMR
For sure the Redwings and Predators points are inflated.
If you ask most intelligent fans they will tell you that Detroit and Nashville benefited from playing in the NHL worst division!

Old
04-19-2006, 01:45 PM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moosetache
So does this mean that you consider the Red Wings a 100 pt team as well???????....since they clearly got about 25 pts from Chicago, St. Louis and Columbus.

Just not a good argument if you do not agree with the Detroit viewpoint as well.

Also keep in mind that the only team that finished under .500 in the Southeast division was Washington, and they were much better the end of the season....when the Canes played them 5 times in the last month.
Actually, I'm not as sold on Detroit as some. I think Carolina convinced me during a mid season game against Ottawa when they feel behind early, came back, took the lead and just shut the Sens down afterwards. They can beat anybody. There is no logical reason for Mtl. to win, but all the indicators don't matter in the end.

My hope is that having been pounded by the Canes all year, works in our favour. I haven't quite worked out how that works though.

Old
04-19-2006, 01:47 PM
Tuggy

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee
My hope is thathaving been pounded by the Canes all year, works in our favour. I haven't quite worked out how that works though.
Well you have two days to figure it out and then you can fax the memo onto Bob.

Old
04-19-2006, 01:48 PM
Prendan Brust

[QUOTE=mcphee]Actually, I'm not as sold on Detroit as some. I think Carolina convinced me during a mid season game against Ottawa when they feel behind early, came back, took the lead and just shut the Sens down afterwards. They can beat anybody. There is no logical reason for Mtl. to win, but all the indicators don't matter in the end.

My hope is that having been pounded by the Canes all year, works in our favour. I haven't quite worked out how that works though.[QUOTE]

Overconfidence from the canes maybe?

Old
04-19-2006, 01:53 PM
mcphee

[QUOTE=Baron][QUOTE=mcphee]Actually, I'm not as sold on Detroit as some. I think Carolina convinced me during a mid season game against Ottawa when they feel behind early, came back, took the lead and just shut the Sens down afterwards. They can beat anybody. There is no logical reason for Mtl. to win, but all the indicators don't matter in the end.

My hope is that having been pounded by the Canes all year, works in our favour. I haven't quite worked out how that works though.
Quote:

Maybe, but the truth is that we're all wasting our time. The winner is determined by me. If I follow my superstitions, the CH do well. They play best when I watch in my office alone. I can't let my wife cross in front of the screen during play, I can't take phone calls, I can do it though, I'm a team player.

Overconfidence from the canes maybe?

Old
04-19-2006, 01:55 PM
GoodKiwi

I'd love to say otherwise, but Canes in 5.

Old
04-19-2006, 02:05 PM
Guriken

Montreal will win this in 5. We are better than them. Think positive!

They aren't playing the way they were earlier this season so we have good chances.

Old
04-19-2006, 02:15 PM
StanAjax

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee
Actually, I'm not as sold on Detroit as some.

I'm not either. Not because of the weak division argument, just because teams walking in the park towards the Presidents trophy have been suspect these last years.

Dallas is my favorite in the West. They're overrated though, as fire power isn't as consistent as it seems to.

Old
04-19-2006, 02:18 PM
Avant-Gardien

The Canes seem to give the Habs fits this year. As much as I'm hoping against hope for Habs in 7, it'll probably be Canes in 6.

Old
04-19-2006, 09:07 PM
oli500

We just got to mach theire intensity and if thats the case then we can win this thing. When I look at carolina I thinks bruins. There so similar in alot of ways. The canes rely heavily on eric stal and theire offense starts with stall. just like the bruins when they rilied on joe thornton. If you can counter stals efforts there offence are very vulnerable.

Lets take stall out of the pitcure for a sec

Craig Adams
Kevyn Adams C
Rob brind'Amour C
Matt Cullen C
Andrew Ladd LW
chad Larose RW
Mark Recchi RW/LW
Cory Stillman
Doug Weight
Ray Whitney
Justin Williams RW

No one scares me exept for recchi because he can come back and bite us since were a former team.

If we can fight for 60 minutes and skate for 60 minutes I like our chances. Montreal to my eyes has a better roster. Carolina had great goaltending from the get go and we had two months of horible goaltending and its why where in 7. If theodore dident go true that horrible slump we could of finished 6. Carolina is a team that works hard every game and dosent take a shift off. If we do the same I dont see why we cant be them

Old
04-19-2006, 09:11 PM
sonnytheman

Canes were 13-12 after the Olympic break. Habs were 16-10. I smell the 2nd round.

Closed Thread