HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Spector's:Vishnevski

Closed Thread

Old
10-30-2003, 02:08 PM
CREW99AW

vCash: 55
Spector's:Vishnevski

Found this on the Ducks board:

ESPN's E.J. Hradek and the Toronto Sun's Lance Hornby both speculating that the Ducks could be looking to move a defenseman,possibly
Vitaly Vishnevski.
Should the Isles be in mix if he is available?

http://spectorshockey.tripod.com/spe...e_rumours.html

Old
10-30-2003, 02:53 PM
Trottier
Very Random

vCash: 500
Like pitching in baseball. Anytime you can add talent on the backline, you do. Vish, like a majority of dmen his age, remains a work in progress, but is definitely worth looking at. Acquire him and you have the makings of the next wave of dmen (along with Gervais) to add depth on the Isles backline (and thus, potentially, open up other trade options).

Scanning the Ducks board, though, not sure what, if anything, exactly they are in dire need of at the moment. After rough start, they seem to be coming around.

Old
10-30-2003, 03:30 PM
CREW99AW

vCash: 55
Ducks fans have a thread about moving Vishnevski on their board,posting that his development has stalled.They've got Carney coming back from an injury and need to make room for him.Duck fans seem to think they'd move Vishnevski for prospects/picks.I'd think they isles would want to move at least an equal amount of salary out.

Old
10-30-2003, 03:58 PM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW
Ducks fans have a thread about moving Vishnevski on their board,posting that his development has stalled.They've got Carney coming back from an injury and need to make room for him.Duck fans seem to think they'd move Vishnevski for prospects/picks.I'd think they isles would want to move at least an equal amount of salary out.

Although I really don't see it happening, I would absolutely love to have him on the Islanders. He'd add the nasty component we deperately need.

But, the Ducks would probably want some big physical forwards. We don't have that to trade (Wiemer would not get it done).

10-30-2003, 04:20 PM
Jshibley

Send a message via AIM to Jshibley Send a message via Yahoo to Jshibley
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury
Although I really don't see it happening, I would absolutely love to have him on the Islanders. He'd add the nasty component we deperately need.

But, the Ducks would probably want some big physical forwards. We don't have that to trade (Wiemer would not get it done).
I would like to have hunter back. I never liked him leaving in the first place.

Old
10-30-2003, 08:00 PM
190Octane

Although I might seem a bit biased with my name on here.. I don't see why they're in such a rush to trade Vishnevski over on our board. It doesn't make sense to me with him being so young and playing better as of late.

Old
10-31-2003, 06:21 AM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vishinator05
Although I might seem a bit biased with my name on here.. I don't see why they're in such a rush to trade Vishnevski over on our board. It doesn't make sense to me with him being so young and playing better as of late.

I agree. Ducks should hold onto him. Don't do like the Isles always do - impatiently deal away your young talent.

Old
10-31-2003, 08:13 AM
Jshibley

Send a message via AIM to Jshibley Send a message via Yahoo to Jshibley
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury
I agree. Ducks should hold onto him. Don't do like the Isles always do - impatiently deal away your young talent.
The only problem is when carney comes back we are going to have 8 defensemen on our roster. wich means more than likely one of them will be moved...... No one seemed to want simpson in the waver draft so we can't trade him.....Ward I am sure has very little value, so this is why we all assume that vish is as good as gone.

Closed Thread