HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Spector's:Vishnevski

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-30-2003, 02:08 PM
  #1
CREW99AW
Registered User
 
CREW99AW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 30,936
vCash: 55
Spector's:Vishnevski

Found this on the Ducks board:

ESPN's E.J. Hradek and the Toronto Sun's Lance Hornby both speculating that the Ducks could be looking to move a defenseman,possibly
Vitaly Vishnevski.
Should the Isles be in mix if he is available?

http://spectorshockey.tripod.com/spe...e_rumours.html

CREW99AW is offline  
Old
10-30-2003, 02:53 PM
  #2
Trottier
Very Random
 
Trottier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: San Diego
Posts: 29,239
vCash: 500
Like pitching in baseball. Anytime you can add talent on the backline, you do. Vish, like a majority of dmen his age, remains a work in progress, but is definitely worth looking at. Acquire him and you have the makings of the next wave of dmen (along with Gervais) to add depth on the Isles backline (and thus, potentially, open up other trade options).

Scanning the Ducks board, though, not sure what, if anything, exactly they are in dire need of at the moment. After rough start, they seem to be coming around.

Trottier is offline  
Old
10-30-2003, 03:30 PM
  #3
CREW99AW
Registered User
 
CREW99AW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 30,936
vCash: 55
Ducks fans have a thread about moving Vishnevski on their board,posting that his development has stalled.They've got Carney coming back from an injury and need to make room for him.Duck fans seem to think they'd move Vishnevski for prospects/picks.I'd think they isles would want to move at least an equal amount of salary out.

CREW99AW is offline  
Old
10-30-2003, 03:58 PM
  #4
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Darth Milbury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Searching for Kvasha
Country: Bosnia and Herzegovina
Posts: 42,199
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW
Ducks fans have a thread about moving Vishnevski on their board,posting that his development has stalled.They've got Carney coming back from an injury and need to make room for him.Duck fans seem to think they'd move Vishnevski for prospects/picks.I'd think they isles would want to move at least an equal amount of salary out.

Although I really don't see it happening, I would absolutely love to have him on the Islanders. He'd add the nasty component we deperately need.

But, the Ducks would probably want some big physical forwards. We don't have that to trade (Wiemer would not get it done).

__________________
Man, do I ever miss Oleg Kvasha. If Oleg was here, everything would be OK.
Darth Milbury is offline  
Old
10-30-2003, 04:20 PM
  #5
Jshibley
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: LaVerne CA
Posts: 662
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Jshibley Send a message via Yahoo to Jshibley
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury
Although I really don't see it happening, I would absolutely love to have him on the Islanders. He'd add the nasty component we deperately need.

But, the Ducks would probably want some big physical forwards. We don't have that to trade (Wiemer would not get it done).
I would like to have hunter back. I never liked him leaving in the first place.

Jshibley is offline  
Old
10-30-2003, 08:00 PM
  #6
190Octane
Registered User
 
190Octane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Fullerton, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,224
vCash: 500
Although I might seem a bit biased with my name on here.. I don't see why they're in such a rush to trade Vishnevski over on our board. It doesn't make sense to me with him being so young and playing better as of late.

190Octane is offline  
Old
10-31-2003, 06:21 AM
  #7
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Darth Milbury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Searching for Kvasha
Country: Bosnia and Herzegovina
Posts: 42,199
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vishinator05
Although I might seem a bit biased with my name on here.. I don't see why they're in such a rush to trade Vishnevski over on our board. It doesn't make sense to me with him being so young and playing better as of late.

I agree. Ducks should hold onto him. Don't do like the Isles always do - impatiently deal away your young talent.

Darth Milbury is offline  
Old
10-31-2003, 08:13 AM
  #8
Jshibley
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: LaVerne CA
Posts: 662
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Jshibley Send a message via Yahoo to Jshibley
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury
I agree. Ducks should hold onto him. Don't do like the Isles always do - impatiently deal away your young talent.
The only problem is when carney comes back we are going to have 8 defensemen on our roster. wich means more than likely one of them will be moved...... No one seemed to want simpson in the waver draft so we can't trade him.....Ward I am sure has very little value, so this is why we all assume that vish is as good as gone.

Jshibley is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:10 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.