HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ranking the East

Closed Thread

Old
11-01-2003, 04:25 PM
quat
winsome, loathsome

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to quat
Ranking the East

Holy crap! Is Philly really as good as they look against the Leafs? Man, those forwards look awfully deep, and they are certainly big and strong with guys that can score on every line.

Flyers, Bruins, Sens, Devils, Lightning and... Those first four look like real contendors to me... and not just in the East. I know they all have weaknesses in some areas, but how would you ranks them? I'm having a hard time deciding.

Devils, Flyers, Sens, Bruins, Lightning?

Old
11-01-2003, 04:32 PM
incawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by quat
Holy crap! Is Philly really as good as they look against the Leafs? Man, those forwards look awfully deep, and they are certainly big and strong with guys that can score on every line.

Flyers, Bruins, Sens, Devils, Lightning and... Those first four look like real contendors to me... and not just in the East. I know they all have weaknesses in some areas, but how would you ranks them? I'm having a hard time deciding.

Devils, Flyers, Sens, Bruins, Lightning?
If we're talking potential for success in the playoffs i'd go Devils, Sens, Flyers (not quite sold on their goaltending), Lightning, Bruins (have a feeling that they'll fall back to reality like they did last year).

Old
11-01-2003, 04:33 PM
Thalia

Quote:
Holy crap! Is Philly really as good as they look against the Leafs?
Nah, Leafs are just that bad. :p

Old
11-01-2003, 04:44 PM
quat
winsome, loathsome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thalia
Nah, Leafs are just that bad. :p
Watching them completely fail on a 5 on 3 makes me think you're right! What scares me, is many of the leafs mistakes are of the kind the Canucks have been making lately... lot's of really bad outlet passes.

Old
11-01-2003, 04:49 PM
colonel_korn
Luuuuuuuuuu....lay?

The Flyers have scary forward depth...their 3rd line of Leclair-Handzus-Williams is better than our 2nd.

Then again...who's leading the league? :p

Edit: Actually, their 3rd line is Kapanen, Primeau and Gagne...still better than the Sedin line.

Old
11-01-2003, 04:55 PM
Burke's Evil Spirit

Quote:
Watching them completely fail on a 5 on 3 makes me think you're right! What scares me, is many of the leafs mistakes are of the kind the Canucks have been making lately... lot's of really bad outlet passes.
Everyone at CBC keyed on the poor outlet passes when that's really a minor point. Look at how Philadelphia is just running roughshod in theoffensive zone. The Leafs are utterly helpless in their own zone and are merely chasing the puck. To their credit, the Flyers are cycling very well and really exploiting the utter lack of defensive cohesion Pat Quinn has managed to instill in his players.

Old
11-01-2003, 08:14 PM
quat
winsome, loathsome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burke's Evil Spirit
Everyone at CBC keyed on the poor outlet passes when that's really a minor point. Look at how Philadelphia is just running roughshod in theoffensive zone. The Leafs are utterly helpless in their own zone and are merely chasing the puck. To their credit, the Flyers are cycling very well and really exploiting the utter lack of defensive cohesion Pat Quinn has managed to instill in his players.
Actually, that was my own opinion from watching the game... I'm not sure why you say it was a minor point as the Flyers scored a couple of times by intercepting passes around the blue line.

The size, speed and skill of the Flyers is pretty amazing. Plus they will likely be playing a defensive system that helps as well. Second (to the Canucks) in the league in goals scored.

Closed Thread