HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Let's be honest for a minute

Closed Thread

Old
04-18-2006, 09:46 PM
zx81

vCash: 500
Let's be honest for a minute

I know that once in the playoffs everything can happen but still our current lineup is without a doubt the worst who made it in the east.

I would say that this team almost never played 60 minutes all season.
They were dominated in about 90% of the games and it's probably an understatement.

The defense is average, the offense below average and without Bégin there is a serious lack of intensity.

Don't get me wrong I still hope they win but I don't think they're in the same league than the Canes, Sens end Devils.

There are some promises for the future but the 25th is not for this year guys.

That being said I'm ready for an upset

Old
04-18-2006, 09:48 PM
NBHABSFAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx81

They were dominated in about 90% of the games and it's probably an understatement.

Where did you find these stats? Your ***?

Old
04-18-2006, 09:48 PM
Whitesnake
Steel your Habs away

vCash: 725
Quote:
I know that once in the playoffs everything can happen but still our current lineup is without a doubt the worst who made it in the east.

I would say that this team almost never played 60 minutes all season.

The defense is average, the offense below average and without Bégin there is a serious lack of intensity.

Don't get me wrong I still hope they win but I don't think they're in the same league than the Canes, Sens end Devils.

There are some promises for the future but the 25th is not for this year guys.

That being said I'm ready for an upset
Maybe but with less than 25 minutes, we were ready to kick the Canes out of those playoffs in 4. If Bouillon would have taken Elias instead of playing the puck and if Rivet would not have this major major braincramp, we would have won this...Bouillon was just back in the lineup but there's no excuses for Rivet, or is playing too many games could be an excuse as well......

Old
04-18-2006, 09:49 PM
TheDamned
"Only in Montréal"

Duh, we'r out in 5 games max.

Old
04-18-2006, 09:50 PM
NBHABSFAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDamned
Duh, we'r out in 5 games max.
You are so full of ****. We are going to finish in 9th. We are going to lose every game we play. Maybe try cheering for the team. Because I think you have been wrong more than you have been right.

Old
04-18-2006, 09:53 PM
SwisshockeyAcademy

The difference between a 2 and a seven is not great. One goalie needs to play well, special teams will have to be working. I think there will be a huge crackdown in the early games on fouls to show the world that playoffs will not mean a respite from penalty calls. PP and PK have to be in top gear.

Old
04-18-2006, 09:55 PM
wholeshow*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBHABSFAN
You are so full of ****. We are going to finish in 9th. We are going to lose every game we play. Maybe try cheering for the team. Because I think you have been wrong more than you have been right.

thedamned is just as correct in his 'assessments' as wildone, quick someone...what's 30% of nothing?

Old
04-18-2006, 09:55 PM
Whitesnake
Steel your Habs away

vCash: 725
Quote:
There's no point in blasting people, first remember that we're writing after one of the most frutrating of the year, with the Buffalo game last Saturday, so that's 2 disappointing games in 4 days. So people have the rights to be frustrated.

And there's a difference between what we think will happen and what we want to see. Everybody here wants our team to win in 4, but a realistic fan will know that if we win it would be a miracle on ice with the worst case scenario being Canes in 4 or 5 and the best case scenario, besides us winning, is Canes in 7.

But having said that, we will all be there still cheering for our team. But we have the rights to remove our pink glasses once in a while....

P.S. I've predicted, at the beginning of the year, that in no way we would've made the playoffs, happy to have been wrong, and already surprised to finish 7th. But again, when you flirt with success, you don't want to let him go, and that's what we did today....

Old
04-18-2006, 09:56 PM
JMMR

Send a message via MSN to JMMR Send a message via Yahoo to JMMR
90% are you serious!

Old
04-18-2006, 09:57 PM
Brandi

You know, I think the Habs have really pulled it together this season.
So tonight you lost... on every board, people start to get nervous and wonder what's wrong. The fact is that you've done probably better than anyone expected, even with your original goaltender getting traded. There's a lot to be happy with this new team, so don't get down to hard. Huet has played great for you guys...

Old
04-18-2006, 09:59 PM
wholeshow*

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitesnake
There's no point in blasting people, first remember that we're writing after one of the most frutrating of the year, with the Buffalo game last Saturday, so that's 2 disappointing games in 4 days. So people have the rights to be frustrated.

And there's a difference between what we think will happen and what we want to see. Everybody here wants our team to win in 4, but a realistic fan will know that if we win it would be a miracle on ice with the worst case scenario being Canes in 4 or 5 and the best case scenario, besides us winning, is Canes in 7.

But having said that, we will all be there still cheering for our team. But we have the rights to remove our pink glasses once in a while....

not really, i'll give an example during our 8 game winning streak thedamned would try to be all cool and edgy with his holier than thou quips about the habs losing and not making the playoffs. just look at his name 'thedamned'....that's what he thinks of the organization...that they're 'damned.' he's really no better than the trolls from opposition boards that spam this place after the habs defeat them. actually he's worse, because he's a consistent poster here.

Old
04-18-2006, 10:00 PM
NBHABSFAN

Quote:
I know what you are saying and I agree.

Its just fustrating that we are 3 or 4 days until the start of the playoffs and people are already prediction a 5 game series loss even before we have even played 1 minute of playoff hockey.

We all want them to win, and I know it will be a tough series but

Holy lay of the pestimistic views batman untill we atleast start playing playoff hockey.

Old
04-18-2006, 10:02 PM
NBHABSFAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by wholeshow
not really, i'll give an example during our 8 game winning streak thedamned would try to be all cool and edgy with his holier than thou quips about the habs losing and not making the playoffs. just look at his name 'thedamned'....that's what he thinks of the organization...that they're 'damned.' he's really no better than the trolls from opposition boards that spam this place after the habs defeat them. actually he's worse, because he's a consistent poster here.
And just 2 days ago when we lost to Buffalo "I predicted from the beginning of the season we will finish 9th and not make the playoffs, now we are done"

Well guess what? We are in the playoffs, so maybe you can stop making predictions because in all honesty you are not the great at it.

Old
04-18-2006, 10:05 PM
Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMMR
90% are you serious!
30% joking.

Old
04-18-2006, 10:07 PM
JackieChan

Crouching Huet, Hidden Bégin

Old
04-18-2006, 10:21 PM
Ubiyca

Quote:
LOL

Old
04-18-2006, 10:25 PM
Mike8

Reactionary children

Old
04-18-2006, 10:25 PM
StanAjax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandi
You know, I think the Habs have really pulled it together this season.
So tonight you lost... on every board, people start to get nervous and wonder what's wrong. The fact is that you've done probably better than anyone expected, even with your original goaltender getting traded. There's a lot to be happy with this new team, so don't get down to hard. Huet has played great for you guys...

See ya in 2nd round.

Old
04-18-2006, 10:35 PM
Markimark

Quote:
Maybe but with less than 25 minutes, we were ready to kick the Canes out of those playoffs in 4. If Bouillon would have taken Elias instead of playing the puck and if Rivet would not have this major major braincramp, we would have won this...Bouillon was just back in the lineup but there's no excuses for Rivet, or is playing too many games could be an excuse as well......
Don't blame Rivet any more than Kovalev. Rivet was alone in the slot with no one close to him. Why did Kovalev, our most skilled player decide to mishandle the puck or decide not to at least skate his *** off to get back. Instead Rivet, who was higher than Kovy got back before he did. I watch the D on other teams jump into the play every game but on this team we hang our D out to dry for trying. Kovalev is not worth the money we pay him. He's a puck hug on the offense and puts out only enough effort to get by when the puck turns over.
Don't see Komo, Streit or Dandy's name in your post.

Old
04-18-2006, 10:50 PM
zx81

Quote:
Of course since there are no official stats for this.

And of course it's probably a bit high but it was just to express my point of view that they were dominated in a lot of games.

There is sure fact though and nobody here will be able to deny it; they haven't got many convincing wins.

It's an unimpressive team that didn't show a incredible desire to win compared to the top teams. Up to them to prove me wrong in the playoffs but right now I don't believe they will.

Old
04-18-2006, 10:56 PM
NBHABSFAN

Quote:
It's an unimpressive team that didn't show a incredible desire to win compared to the top teams. Up to them to prove me wrong in the playoffs but right now I don't believe they will.
Read the statement back to yourself. If you can't see how it sounds so ****** funny. What to the habs have to do to make you approve of them.

There has been so many great things that have happened this season, and we are not even at the playoffs yet. This is **** that I can stand after everything is said an done but not now. Its just for ****** annoying to read the same old **** day in and day out. But that just IMO.

Old
04-18-2006, 10:59 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 883
according to a calculation we have a 30% chance of beating the Canes in the playoffs. however if the weather on saturday is below 22 C, you will notice that our chance of winning will increase by 17.1%. This is because montreal is colder and since the habs are from montreal they have a home feild advantage. however, if unfortunately the weather is above that mark, we wont be able to score more than 2 goals. but if gainey wears a blue and red tie, our goal count would possibly increase to three since there is red in our logo. since the canes have red aswell, this will only work if the are precisely 33 people wearing habs jerseys in the arena. but if koivu puts on his left skate on first before the game, our chances of winning will increse to 41% regardless of the weather. but if that happens and kovy puts on his right skate first, you can expect cloudiness in the afternoon with 30% chance of thunder showers. this will decrease the habs chances of winning since the hurricanes are a type of storm and thunder storms are as well. the storms in montreal will weaken... uh...weaken...ahh...screw this.

complex calculation should be left to the pros.

for more info call non-free at 1888-wil done

Old
04-18-2006, 11:04 PM
zx81

Quote:
Read the statement back to yourself. If you can't see how it sounds so ****** funny. What to the habs have to do to make you approve of them.

There has been so many great things that have happened this season, and we are not even at the playoffs yet. This is **** that I can stand after everything is said an done but not now. Its just for ****** annoying to read the same old **** day in and day out. But that just IMO.
You have your opinion and I have mine. That's all. I don't force you to agree with me and I can live without your support

I have the right to be unimpressed.

That being said I'm anxious to see if they really can step up in the playoffs.
Like I said I want to be surprised but to say I'm confident would be lying,

Old
04-18-2006, 11:09 PM
NBHABSFAN

Quote:
You have your opinion and I have mine. That's all. I don't force you to agree with me and I can live without your support

I have the right to be unimpressed.
I agree with you there. I just don't see how you can be unimpressed with the way this season went. Yeah there were ups and downs but there have been a lot of great things that have happened. There have been some real great games and some heartbreaking games. But what is real awesome now, is it all does not matter. We are going into the playoffs the best is yet to come.

How you can sit there and just focus on the bad things, or the things that have gone wrong and say you are unimpressed with the team is besides me. We have an awesome team with a lot of great players, and a lot of great players to come. I am excited about the future and excited of all the things we have accomplished this season, and the things we can accomplish moving into the playoffs.

Old
04-18-2006, 11:49 PM
zx81

Quote:
I agree with you there. I just don't see how you can be unimpressed with the way this season went. Yeah there were ups and downs but there have been a lot of great things that have happened. There have been some real great games and some heartbreaking games. But what is real awesome now, is it all does not matter. We are going into the playoffs the best is yet to come.

How you can sit there and just focus on the bad things, or the things that have gone wrong and say you are unimpressed with the team is besides me. We have an awesome team with a lot of great players, and a lot of great players to come. I am excited about the future and excited of all the things we have accomplished this season, and the things we can accomplish moving into the playoffs.

You say we have many great players but I disagree , we have good to decent players. I'm unimpressed mainly because this team has not been convincing in many wins this season. I'm unimpressed because I have seen so many other great teams completely outplaying us this season. I reserve my detailed explanations for after the playoffs run

Anyway the playoffs are a different season and I guess everything can happen now.
It's not yet the time for a full and complete postmortem.

Closed Thread